IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

Oh my god, I am scrolling through Bull Wallet Versions and am out of breath how much laugh I have really :biggrin:

Have you guys seen them? Some of them are really stupidly genius...

Edited by Jev

Sorry if this has been answered before but

you live in different places right? how often do you meet in person? and when you make music do you send each other files or do you meet? and do you mostly talk on the phone or just use some messaging online (when planning a release or stuff related to music)?

sisyphus-sign.jpg

You are influenced by a lot of hip-hop, mainly 80's. Do hip-hop artist that listen to your music hear that influence? How do most hip-hop artist or fans react to your music?

Outkast praising Squarepusher, Kanye West sampling Aphex Twin... Were there ever any big rap/hip-hop names that approached you for collaborations/productions, or wanted to sample you (or have?)?

Any well-known rapper that you want to be approached by?

*push*

lel kanye sampled afx, which track? didn't know about that

no clue i dunno how many hip hop ppl check our stuff

i know el-p likes some of it, he approached for collab once, might still happen i was busy as fuck at the time

i dunno there are so many i like, like asking me what's my favourite cheese or something

afx is sampled in this shameless thing:

that facebook link will just take whomever clicks it to the last fb page they logged into (typically his own). It's an attempt to freak you out by making you think he knows your fb page.

Question: who came up with the idea to shorten Autechre to ae? And the logo?

Guest November

After crawling through all 112 pages of this... wow.

1. You guys mentioned a custom MIDI replacement. Have you switched to ethernet or are you using something a bit more basic for routing the protocol?

2. Fans of the shows Nighty Night or Human Remains?

3. FREE PARKING: Answer your own question!

And just because I always wanted to be a lemming: My Yamaha TG-77 module is in need of a name so the rest on the rack can feel jealous. Thanks in advance!

Edited by November

Guest lumakey

thank you for making Draun Quarter.

it will always remind me of moving cross country a long time ago, listening to this as scenery and roadside weeds flash by at speed, lots of emotion bubbling up, all seeming to click with the elements of the music as I drive several hundred miles west into the sun, untethered between homes. your sounds are tattooed on my brain.

speaking of tattoos, do either of you have any? I'm one of those 'blanks' who thinks life will provide enough scars and character over time naturally. It, well adornment in general, seems way more prevalent here in the land of smoke-screens and window dressing.

Oh my god, I am scrolling through Bull Wallet Versions and am out of breath how much laugh I have really :biggrin:

Have you guys seen them? Some of them are really stupidly genius...

yeah me n sean were crying laughing on a daily basis.

that facebook link will just take whomever clicks it to the last fb page they logged into (typically his own). It's an attempt to freak you out by making you think he knows your fb page.

Question: who came up with the idea to shorten Autechre to ae? And the logo?

yeah i couldn't see it.

Question: who came up with the idea to shorten Autechre to ae?

æ

(funny joke if you're Norwegian)

Explain immediately.

I am afraid Norwegian culture will have to get rid of this if we wish to preserve Autechre's uniqueness on this planet.

That said, Tool will have to rename one of their albums. I'll give them a call...

Edited by Jev

Repostin' some doss questions :derp:

1 - Whereabouts are the Paralel Suns and what's the name of each sun? (My round-about way of asking for a name for my elektrons* )

2 - You're dj-ing to the cons of Fury 161. What Phylyps "Trak" do you throw in the mix?

3 - Mike McMahon or Carlos Ezquerra?

4 - Minimal Nation or Internal Empire?

5 - "Happy Cycling" or "You Could Feel the Sky"?

6 - Selected Ambient 1 or 2?

thank you for making Draun Quarter.

it will always remind me of moving cross country a long time ago, listening to this as scenery and roadside weeds flash by at speed, lots of emotion bubbling up, all seeming to click with the elements of the music as I drive several hundred miles west into the sun, untethered between homes. your sounds are tattooed on my brain.

speaking of tattoos, do either of you have any? I'm one of those 'blanks' who thinks life will provide enough scars and character over time naturally. It, well adornment in general, seems way more prevalent here in the land of smoke-screens and window dressing.

Draun Quarter is the bees knees, outro is bliss. Ae Top 20 (or 10?) for sure ;)

Edited by Sam

Question: who came up with the idea to shorten Autechre to ae?

æ

(funny joke if you're Norwegian)

Explain immediately.

I am afraid Norwegian culture will have to get rid of this if we wish to preserve Autechre's uniqueness on this planet.

That said, Tool will have to rename one of their albums. I'll give them a call...

Æ is dialect for jeg, which means I.

what do u consider to be yr greatest obstacle in getting the sound in yr head out of the speaker?

will u plees name one of the most pleasant natural sounds u can think of, like the hum of a vehicle or the song of a particular bird or something?

plees would u give me another food update?

again, what musics r u listening to at this exact moment?

plees describe the sound that comes to mind that is very disturbing to u, one that makes u uncomfortable?

choose a noteworthy ethnic, traditional, folk music that u enjoy?

is there any trac of musics that comes to mind that makes u very uncomfortable when u listen to it?

if u could name a film that u really wish u had never watched, what would it be?

is there something either of u r really really interested in that the watmm would not expect, plees share?

what am i thinking right now?

who do u think i am, plees describe?

q: i sometimes play ep7 when i want a girl to understand me. this invariably ends with her jumping from my car, screaming, rolling down a hill and hiding for hours until a passing trucker finds her. every girl i've let listen to your music ends up psychologically shattered. why is this? what do you consider your sexiest song? for me, it is definitely "autumn acid (aphex twin remix)".

Per definition this is the last question: Did you guys ever read http://5z8.info/banned-in-the-US_q3p8hy_-----TAKE.TWITTER.LOGIN-----

repost that link - i think something went wrong there - it feeds back

Yeah, correct. I wanted to catch you in an endless loop and then sell you to best bidding fanboys but it obviously did not work. *runningawayquickly*

well while ur running if u can keep reposting that link

lel

q: i sometimes play ep7 when i want a girl to understand me. this invariably ends with her jumping from my car, screaming, rolling down a hill and hiding for hours until a passing trucker finds her. every girl i've let listen to your music ends up psychologically shattered. why is this? what do you consider your sexiest song? for me, it is definitely "autumn acid (aphex twin remix)".

1/10 come ooon

Do you have stuff like tanks or submarines?

In which countries would you like to live in?

What are you eating?

no toys,

i'm ok right here atm

feta