IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

a few random bits:

- favourite character/moment in Lost (if you watched the series?)

- favourite Yoda scene in any SW movie?

- C. Nolan's or T. Burton's Batman?

- Brave New World or 1984?

- Favourite type of beer (ale, lager, stout, etc)?

- Could you recommend a dessert featuring banana and chocolate?

er hurley probably, at least he's the one i'd be most likely to hang out with

the meeting scene when luke doesn't know who he is and yoda's trolling the shit out of him

burton's (sorry but that first burton film was ace when it came out, i know it seems a bit shit now)

nolan's are like, not serious enough to be seen as serious. they could have been a million times more serious imo. bane was shit as well, sounded like a bad impression of patrick mcgoohan

brave new world

ipa or ale, but I'm not much into beer, its alright

i don't know any but i dunno maybe i just don't think the tastes compliment that well

yay, Cheers Sean!

- good choice, Hurley is a great lad! I'm a big fan of Locke myself! how do you think they managed to finish up the whole series?

- haha yes that's a good Yoda moment, I second that I guess :) btw why do you think Lucas decided to add Jar Jar to the franchise?

- Yeah I'm a fan of Burton's universe as well, but I really like them both. Burton's vision still stands the test of time I think. Haha I thought everyone heard a distorted Sean Connery in Bane's voice!

- do you think our society today are "progressing" towards Huxley's vision of BnW? Or maybe we are there already more or less?

- last dessert you had that gave you pleasant vibes?

- what do think of Spielberg's AI?

oh and here's a photo of me visiting some folks in Wales over a year ago. me to the right. Any comments? :)

3673f2d80b.jpg

I repost my question about vocal samples from deco Loc (soz) and opinions about bocs harvest

i like TH and i'm waiting to see who figures out the samples

Well, psn already suggested Personal Jesus and made some "proof" mix for it.

yeah but he's wrong

just listening to 'nth dafuseder.b' (grt trac!) whats the off kilter melody that drops in around 2 min? was it sampled ? how was it made? got a nice boc quality to it, can pick up on some break samples near tthe end like the track disintegrates itself through the reverb, Thx!

I haven't caught up with today yet...and I asked before, I assume yall didn't answer on purpose but I'll try again.

What's myslb mean/stand for or whatever?

Sent using magic

there's actually a clue out there and i'm waiting to see if anyone notices

myspace changed everything and i can see shit

no need to be logged?

cant think of a smarter question, but pretty curious about that one : there is a 30min recording of Gescom, live in manchester in 2002.

are you involved in that ?

u got a link?

just to be clear, theres a few geswackers

no, sorry..its pretty abstract, beatless as far as i remember, pretty good, makes me think of the minidisc, live recording not a dj thing as far i know...

just listening to 'nth dafuseder.b' (grt trac!) whats the off kilter melody that drops in around 2 min? was it sampled ? how was it made? got a nice boc quality to it, can pick up on some break samples near tthe end like the track disintegrates itself through the reverb, Thx!

custom synth sound, somewhere between flute and electric piano - from a distance

while were on the subject there is a break.

over the years you've been criticized for being too "difficult" or whatever. I wonder, have you ever made any tracks that were impenetrable to you when you went back and listened? basically, is autechre ever "difficult" to you?

You've got a few fans here in Houston, Texas that I know about, you should come play a show here!

Now that that's off my chest.

Not sure if this has been asked but, did you guys ever hang out with Richard D. James in the past? Like go to the same school? Heck maybe yall are still close in someway?

a few random bits:

- favourite character/moment in Lost (if you watched the series?)

- favourite Yoda scene in any SW movie?

- C. Nolan's or T. Burton's Batman?

- Brave New World or 1984?

- Favourite type of beer (ale, lager, stout, etc)?

- Could you recommend a dessert featuring banana and chocolate?

er hurley probably, at least he's the one i'd be most likely to hang out with

the meeting scene when luke doesn't know who he is and yoda's trolling the shit out of him

burton's (sorry but that first burton film was ace when it came out, i know it seems a bit shit now)

nolan's are like, not serious enough to be seen as serious. they could have been a million times more serious imo. bane was shit as well, sounded like a bad impression of patrick mcgoohan

brave new world

ipa or ale, but I'm not much into beer, its alright

i don't know any but i dunno maybe i just don't think the tastes compliment that well

yay, Cheers Sean!

- good choice, Hurley is a great lad! I'm a big fan of Locke myself! how do you think they managed to finish up the whole series?

- haha yes that's a good Yoda moment, I second that I guess :) btw why do you think Lucas decided to add Jar Jar to the franchise?

- Yeah I'm a fan of Burton's universe as well, but I really like them both. Burton's vision still stands the test of time I think. Haha I thought everyone heard a distorted Sean Connery in Bane's voice!

- do you think our society today are "progressing" towards Huxley's vision of BnW? Or maybe we are there already more or less?

- last dessert you had that gave you pleasant vibes?

- what do think of Spielberg's AI?

oh and here's a photo of me visiting some folks in Wales over a year ago. me to the right. Any comments? :)

3673f2d80b.jpg

argh i don't even know why i carried on watching tbh, they snagged me somehow, it got progressively more weakening, the end was just, oh fuck off

i dunno man i can't tell wtf i'm meant to think of the prequels

i wonder if he watches them at all

i dunno i mean both huxley and orwell nailed some things, but i reckon huxley was more insightful, altho both of them were really a product of the time

we have a kind of mixture of bits of both but neither of them really understood what comms was going to end up like

i'm not as paranoid about surveillance as a lot of people seem to be tho

hmm dunno i don't eat much dessert its years since i had something memorable, and i can't even rem what that was

i slightly liked ai - but i saw some of the work chris did for it back when kubrick was doing it, and i wish it had been kubrick basically, it would have fucking owned

edit: oh yeah nice shirt

Edited by Sean Ae

hey all, i'm not sure if you'll be here tomorrow? will you?

what the score with the 7th, who's' 7th is the right one, amerika or uk zones. IYKWIM.

if i leave, is this the end? will i dream etc etc…..

bye

watmm

over the years you've been criticized for being too "difficult" or whatever. I wonder, have you ever made any tracks that were impenetrable to you when you went back and listened? basically, is autechre ever "difficult" to you?

course not

more like u should have 2x reaktors , then make the one u like less, become more like the one u like, i guess thats what synplants more about.

Thanks to the power of modern CPUs, I can run many instances. Some jams when I am all over the place I'll have ~20 Reaktors at a time, all heavily effected, some self-automated, others triggered by the peaks or silences of other tracks or by MIDI notes.

Come to think of it, synplant looks a lot like this reaktor patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuR737_kcZs

An interesting MIDI generator

Edited by Maxwell

I repost my question about vocal samples from deco Loc (soz) and opinions about bocs harvest

are the samples from something fairly well-known?

nah not really

I set it to close at midnight - I would imagine that would be CST, my time zone, so that would be +6 UK time, so 6AM UK time on the 8th of November.

Huge thanks and respect to both you and Sean (AE) for not only taking the time to answer these questions, but to continously be in here answering them - far more than I think anyone here expected. Really cool.

cant think of a smarter question, but pretty curious about that one : there is a 30min recording of Gescom, live in manchester in 2002.

are you involved in that ?

u got a link?

just to be clear, theres a few geswackers

Did you really smash buttons into your keyboard randomly and come up with the name "Autechre"

mbe not random, but i had no idea after AU' of the outcome.

Was AU meant for Gold, or Astronomical Units, or something else

Guest viscosity

I think you mentioned a soldering iron earlier. ever experimented with circuit bending? I understand most of your recent stuff is done via computers and generative processes. any happy/interesting accidents involving this? and I don't just mean through tinkering in max, but like, you spilt your coffee, smoke-spewing out of your machine, glitch-inducing accidents that you decided to keep

hey all, i'm not sure if you'll be here tomorrow? will you?

what the score with the 7th, who's' 7th is the right one, amerika or uk zones. IYKWIM.

if i leave, is this the end? will i dream etc etc…..

bye

watmm

Well, if you really go already ( :tongue:) then it's been a pleasure to chat with you and I wish you the best to the future days, months and years.

Čau, Robe!

Edited by Jev

are the samples from something fairly well-known?

nah not really

lol i won't wrack my brain over it then

Q1 -

spectral.jpg

(Erm if you can't read my writing - what's your favourite tool for spectral manipulation ?)

Q2(i) - Listen to the second track previewed here, it's definitely not Richard Chartier, but who the flipping hell is it ?! : http://boomkat.com/cds/655873-richard-chartier-set-or-performance

Q2(ii)- Are you a fan of Chartier's lovely tracks that are as delicate as a feather in the wind, but as brutal as a spade to the face ?