IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

Imgonna roll a huge spliff when im home from work and read the whole thing with a beer and draft. This was amazing. Thank u so much for all the great musick and for being so nice! Cheerz from your pal ooze

yes, it has been a mighty pleasure ooze, inhale for me.

Hope this gets thru in time...Just wanted to ask about/recommend the producer, "Slap"... ever hear of him? I ask b/c to an extent he reminds me of your work..i could try and explain further but rather not risk sounding like a dumbfuck and let the music speak for itself ...and he's the shit, very obscure,, surprisingly only found out about him recently considering how remarkable and consistent his work is... (he's from the 80's if that helps the skepticism)

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Slap+%282%29

http://thethingonthedoorstep.be/blog/?s=slap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMD6YpEgYEc

wish there were more youtube clips as that won't make you instantly think "AE" but still, mostly like what you'll get from Slap.

- my recommendation also comes as a huge thanks for providing so many crucial material thru out your time doing mixes....always a super rich source for discovering amazing music..which, to me, is everything. Endless material, Stephen Mallinder - "Cool Down" alone, deserves a most profound thanks. but i can name 1000's. And lastly, while on the subject, I consider the "Radio Nova 06-05-09" mix as essential as anything, ridiculous job on that!!!

interesting what you wrote about the tape mixes back in the day. all this time i thought you were making stutter edits. as silly as those sound now we would make those like crazy (and thus break the pause buttons doing stutters and loops). dual tape deck jam box. sk1 was a huge deal as you could make loops without copying it over and over on tape.

also, when you speak of mates i wonder if these are real people that live near you or remote people. hard to find that many people that dig the same music.

thanks again for everything. usually meeting people you admire can turn out really bad but this turned out great. thanks for not being dicks! been very wonderful all around.

i was doing tons of stuttering as it goes, making beats that way as well

ah most of my mates are within 20 square miles, there's quite a few of us and like, i dunno these are the people our music grew out of to begin with so theres tons of overlaps, we all go the same parties etc

i mean our music is very north manchester (if thats a thing)

Guest bitroast

Btw what do y'all think about jean Michel jarre?

i like oxygen and equinox and i even like zoolook

but he's a right cheesy fucker isn't he

Heard zoolook for first time this year and the production and crazy sampling sort of blew me away (it was Modey I think that put it on:).

Zoolookologie Instantly reminded me of a cheesy deranged 80s version of penexpers.

Ok just one last question!!!!

maybe i should watch it with some shrooms but the "artwork" on my cd of lp5 has the ugliest design in my whole collection, it's lame black font on lame white

what makes you decide to use such minimal art with such maximum music?

the original cd packaging was meant to be an extension of the standard grey-backed jewel case design popular in the 80s, but with the front cover also being grey - cos as far as we know, that hadn't been done before

but in america it was repackaged cos nothing records didn't want to spend money on getting a special case made

ah man, that would have been cool as shit

Btw what do y'all think about jean Michel jarre?

i like oxygene and equinoxe and i even like zoolook

but he's a right cheesy fucker isn't he

Yes, yes he is.

maybe i should watch it with some shrooms but the "artwork" on my cd of lp5 has the ugliest design in my whole collection, it's lame black font on lame white

the original cd packaging was meant to be an extension of the standard grey-backed jewel case design popular in the 80s, but with the front cover also being grey - cos as far as we know, that hadn't been done before

but in america it was repackaged cos nothing records didn't want to spend money on getting a special case made

but mine has black font on white paper and and there is a barcode on the back lael and i believe there is nothing on the cd either also no tracklist haha do i have the superlimited ultra special edition? i'm telling this cause i was quit shocked when i found it in the records store that it looked so bad (also shocked the album was so good :biggrin:)

all the best you guys!!!

Ok, so I'm a huge fan of the seemingly bootleg 'Rob Brown Ultra Rare Mix Tape' series, of which I have 13 different mp3s. We don't really know the true source of these mixes, and it's been said that there is no proof that they are even Rob Brown's. But I feel that the track selections have a lot of resemblances to the cuts we heard on 12 hour radio broadcast.

Legend has it (at least around here) is that these were taken from a Warp employees desk, were unmarked CD-Rs, and assumed to be created by Rob Brown...

I guess I'm just looking for the definitive answer... Are these your mixtapes I've been rocking, Rob? What's the story of their leak? If they're not you, do you know anything about them?

Sorry if this has been touched on already, still working my way through the thread....

yep, i don't know how though. i mean i have my suspicions but still no ones owned up.

Sean and Rob, thank you for being with us all these days. It was great and unexpected!
And the last question:
Guys, do you consider yourself happy?
Sean, please give the name of my collection of CDs and vinyls Autechre :music:
Wish you all the best! :beer:

I remember putting on Confield for the first time, and I was really digging it. Really put an impression on me, the 'I know what I was doing at the time' kind of impression, sitting in front of my computer in the morning chilling out.

I know you said it wasn't a big step for you going from previous work to Confield, but it sounded pretty pre-historic alien artifact like to me. Like uncovering fossils or something. Like wtf have I uncovered?

Exai is niice, sounds sentient.

you ever destroy tracks you're working on, see what happens? or are there always relative small steps involved in the process?

yeah sometimes, it's easy when you can save versions

or if you already finished and it's all in the gear still

Guest KunoMerit

have either of you ever saw the american television show "duck dynasty"

buying or interested in reading morrissey's autobiography?

have you guys ever checked out the :zoviet*france: podcast 'A Duck in a Tree' ? It's pretty nice, one of the only drone/ambient/soundscape podcasts I know and it comes out weekly. They put a Gescom track in the newest episode

http://zovietfrance.podbean.com/

aaahhhh top.

yeah these guys are fully

yeah we managed it in the uk and eu, and the first run of the japanese ones

the only label that chickened out were nothing records

Ok I must go now so

Sean and Rob, a big big thank you for your effort and time, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, really looking forward to see you again here,

that was top lel and hope not the last!!

keep making good musics, all the best to you and your families

Adam.

damn it trent...

Ok, so I'm a huge fan of the seemingly bootleg 'Rob Brown Ultra Rare Mix Tape' series, of which I have 13 different mp3s. We don't really know the true source of these mixes, and it's been said that there is no proof that they are even Rob Brown's. But I feel that the track selections have a lot of resemblances to the cuts we heard on 12 hour radio broadcast.

Legend has it (at least around here) is that these were taken from a Warp employees desk, were unmarked CD-Rs, and assumed to be created by Rob Brown...

I guess I'm just looking for the definitive answer... Are these your mixtapes I've been rocking, Rob? What's the story of their leak? If they're not you, do you know anything about them?

Sorry if this has been touched on already, still working my way through the thread....

yep, i don't know how though. i mean i have my suspicions but still no ones owned up.

if i am being greedy, i am glad it got out, that gets a lot of play at my house and my little guy gets down in the living room to a lot of that for sure.

Edited by jules

Have you seen Lynch's part on the last season of Louie? So good, as is the whole series really.

wow no, ok i'll get it, i mean its not on terrestrial here, i'll need to get my tv mad neighbour to rip that.

damn it trent...

On that note

Any anecdotes about Trent? I heard the guy was a big fan of your music. Surely he must've approached you for a remix or something.

damn it trent...

if i am being greedy, i am glad it got out, that gets a lot of play at my house and my little guy gets down in the living room to a lot of that for sure.

yeah we had the fkin huge DIE caster made specially for that one record too. and he didn't even wanna import them from uk. but yeah i guess …US jobs