IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

Guest KunoMerit

I know you're on the way out soonish, and I'm pretty sure I got buried, and I've also thought of a question, so here yeah. Do you have any tips on programming a 202, or is it more of a happy accident machine?

And a name for my Grados would be mighty fine. :)

no way its fully 'sit down with headphones and nothing else machine'.

try to get into the 2d sequencing , gateandstep shit. sean likes the special rez it has.

alas no noise source. always made me a little sad. and no noise for LFO. still wonderful machine. see - this is why i never make any tracks. worrying about the lack of noise on a 30 year old box.

please tell me that you still have your 202 and would never, ever sell it.

Edited by KunoMerit

Recently I opened an mp3 in notepad, and noticed a bunch of code. Messing with this code could give interesting glitches, but it's kinda hard to control. Know any cool stuff I can do with this? (assuming your big secrets aren't made with notepad)

I know you're on the way out soonish, and I'm pretty sure I got buried, and I've also thought of a question, so here yeah. Do you have any tips on programming a 202, or is it more of a happy accident machine?

And a name for my Grados would be mighty fine. :)

no way its fully 'sit down with headphones and nothing else machine'.

try to get into the 2d sequencing , gateandstep shit. sean likes the special rez it has.

alas no noise source. always made me a little sad. and no noise for LFO. still wonderful machine. see - this is why i never make any tracks. worrying about the lack of noise on a 30 year old box.

ha

yeah still got it

Hey Autechre, I posted a pretty long one earlier, wouldn’t blame you if you skipped the whole thing so I’ll make it more succinct (feel a bit cheeky doing this as a new member) :

Would you guys consider coming back to Belfast and/or Dublin? (I know it’s not Russia or the southern states but the closer the better!). I saw you here (Belfast) back on the Untilted tour, can’t remember much of it tho but saw you again in London for the Oversteps tour, won’t be forgetting that one, was incredible.

Missed you down in Dublin last time and was going to ask how the sound was cos I had been to a show at the same venue a couple of months previous and it was really bad but I’ve just watched a youtube audience recording of it, and from what I can tell, it sounds pretty good, also I can hear tuinorizn towards the end of that set. Was that track something you had developed from the live set for the album or had you been working on it after the ‘main’ tour had finished?

Favourite Kool Keith-related record?

It's also great to see that my fav musicians are showing no signs of slowing down :) Cheers for the music

was it at temple bar? played there a few times, i thought it was alright in soundcheck but that place changes a lot when it's full, so i dunno

yeah it kind of grew out of the live set

err matthew

Well this is my recording from upstairs of the Temple Bar set.. sounds great to me.

Sean, Rob.... PLEASE say high to my italian friind Guliamo who is mad for you guys and is "yay" ing all over this recording.... he'd fucking die...

In fact can you name his first child?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PK3IL-Pw_w

dear autechres,

i'm asking you... FOR TRACK IDS:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/42153ebde00da4ae6f3c365cf234323320131107012338/28db1ea876de3c1c242941ff01aa726f20131107012338/6ff2c8

'specially the first one, please! (were mostly played during 2006 xltronic autechre marathon)

*bump*

oh yeah, prolly should have mentioned: i mashed a couple o tracks together into one file, yes.

ok, last attempt b4 i gtg to bed. it's like 5 snippets in 3 minutes or so, if it's too bothersome i'd be reeeeeeealllyy grateful if you'd at least check out the first tune, ever since you played it on that radio programme i've been trying to track it down, in vain D: ... anyway, thanks alot for doing this, tis been a ride, already looking forward to wading through the rest tomorrow.

the 'chre <3 <3 (_O_) <3

Guest KunoMerit

ha

yeah still got it

fuck yeah.

Hey Autechre, I posted a pretty long one earlier, wouldn’t blame you if you skipped the whole thing so I’ll make it more succinct (feel a bit cheeky doing this as a new member) :

Would you guys consider coming back to Belfast and/or Dublin? (I know it’s not Russia or the southern states but the closer the better!). I saw you here (Belfast) back on the Untilted tour, can’t remember much of it tho but saw you again in London for the Oversteps tour, won’t be forgetting that one, was incredible.

Missed you down in Dublin last time and was going to ask how the sound was cos I had been to a show at the same venue a couple of months previous and it was really bad but I’ve just watched a youtube audience recording of it, and from what I can tell, it sounds pretty good, also I can hear tuinorizn towards the end of that set. Was that track something you had developed from the live set for the album or had you been working on it after the ‘main’ tour had finished?

It's also great to see that my fav musicians are showing no signs of slowing down :) Cheers for the music

was it at temple bar? played there a few times, i thought it was alright in soundcheck but that place changes a lot when it's full, so i dunno

err matthew

Yea, Temple Bar Music Centre, now Button Factory. Yea, was at a Clark gig there a few months before you played, the sound was really waek (maybe that was just Clark tho..jk) Must've got a better set up or sound engineer!

i took a pic of the autechre lp5 cd case, the tracktitles are on the back of the booklet and the barcode is on the front, i was wrong!

2013-11-07224734_zps8926424a.jpg

i think that's the american one, not sure

i thought they used a sticker for our name but maybe it's a later edition

it's a bit weakening how licensees sometimes fuck up artwork, you have to just kind of sign off and hope for the best really

err matthew

Well this is my recording from upstairs of the Temple Bar set.. sounds great to me.

Sean, Rob.... PLEASE say high to my italian friind Guliamo who is mad for you guys and is "yay" ing all over this recording.... he'd fucking die...

hi guliamo, thanks for shouting all over this bootleg :D

err matthew

Yea, Temple Bar Music Centre, now Button Factory. Yea, was at a Clark gig there a few months before you played, the sound was really waek (maybe that was just Clark tho..jk) Must've got a better set up or sound engineer!

ah yeah i seem to rem them having some teething trouble with a new setup, vaguely

the guy was the same tho, at least i think he rem'd us or soemthing

v hazy tho

maybe rob knows

ha

yeah still got it

fuck yeah.

hahah i keep it within 24" from me just incase,

err matthew

hi guliamo, thanks for shouting all over this bootleg :D

Yep, that's the one I was watching when I realised the sound must've been rather good. Nice recording btw. Cheers:)

i took a pic of the autechre lp5 cd case, the tracktitles are on the back of the booklet and the barcode is on the front, i was wrong!

2013-11-07224734_zps8926424a.jpg

i think that's the american one, not sure

i thought they used a sticker for our name but maybe it's a later edition

it's a bit weakening how licensees sometimes fuck up artwork, you have to just kind of sign off and hope for the best really

it's american the front says

ae production booth/brown

p+c 1998 warp records ltd

published by warp music/

electric music industries

released under exlusive license

to nothing records limited inc.

manufactured in the united states

by carolne distribution all rights

reserved. printed in the united states

unauthorized reproduction

of this recording is prohibited by

federal law and subject

to criminal prosecution

mastered by frank arkwright

recorded in england

fucking lol

bought it in a belgium shop!

Edited by Ivan Ooze

two days ago i spilt water all over my monomachine, octatrack and a4. once this thread is closed i'm gonna finally turn it back on and hope for the best. hopefully dried out by now.

FWIW - leave it as long as u possibly can, just incase its not quite dry, i rushed it once and failed. dry hot space would be good idea

Edited by Rob Ae

Guest Captain Kittens

two days ago i spilt water all over my monomachine, octatrack and a4. once this thread is closed i'm gonna finally turn it back on and hope for the best. hopefully dried out by now.

FWIW - leave it as long as u possibly can, just incase its not quite dry, i rushed it once and failed. dry hot space would be good idea

Wonder if it'll work for those as it does a cell phone....stick em in a bag of rice, or box or rice whatever they fit in, and let it soak up all the moisture. This is done to wet cell phones a lot and I've seen it actually work.

will you get call of duty ghosts or battlefield 4??

i dunno prob neither

i hope you don't get it cause else autechre would be doomed

Edited by Ivan Ooze

Guest jasondonervan

Here's a video I knocked up a while back using visuals from Prometheus 'Weyland Files' (not from the film, but pseudo-documentary DVD extra footage), soundtracked by Corc. Finally managed to get it uploaded somewhere tonight.

Autechre - Corc

Tell us if you think it's a good fit :emb:

Edited by jasondonervan