IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

dear autechres,

i'm asking you... FOR TRACK IDS:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/42153ebde00da4ae6f3c365cf234323320131107012338/28db1ea876de3c1c242941ff01aa726f20131107012338/6ff2c8

'specially the first one, please! (were mostly played during 2006 xltronic autechre marathon)

*bump*

oh yeah, prolly should have mentioned: i mashed a couple o tracks together into one file, yes.

ok, last attempt b4 i gtg to bed. it's like 5 snippets in 3 minutes or so, if it's too bothersome i'd be reeeeeeealllyy grateful if you'd at least check out the first tune, ever since you played it on that radio programme i've been trying to track it down, in vain D: ... anyway, thanks alot for doing this, tis been a ride, already looking forward to wading through the rest tomorrow.

the 'chre <3 <3 (_O_) <3

ok so

track 1:

http://www.discogs.com/Aki-Tsuyuko-Ongakushitsu/master/58282

track 2:

http://www.discogs.com/Fred-Frith-Guitar-Solos/master/54796

track 3:

http://www.discogs.com/Simple-Minds-Promised-You-A-Miracle-Theme-For-Great-Cities/release/324282

track 4 is scorn i think but i can't rem which one (awep might know)

track 5 i dunno, rob what's this?

i took a pic of the autechre lp5 cd case, the tracktitles are on the back of the booklet and the barcode is on the front, i was wrong!

2013-11-07224734_zps8926424a.jpg

i think that's the american one, not sure

i thought they used a sticker for our name but maybe it's a later edition

it's a bit weakening how licensees sometimes fuck up artwork, you have to just kind of sign off and hope for the best really

it's american the front says

ae production booth/brown

p+c 1998 warp records ltd

published by warp music/

electric music industries

released under exlusive license

to nothing records limited inc.

manufactured in the united states

by carolne distribution all rights

reserved. printed in the united states

unauthorized reproduction

of this recording is prohibited by

federal law and subject

to criminal prosecution

mastered by frank arkwright

recorded in england

fucking lol

bought it in a belgium shop!

haha what

wonder how that happened, weird

No question, just want to share this brain activity scan from a person having a seizure, converted into to tones that fall within the acoustic spectrum of the human voice:

Stanford professors Chris Chafe and Josef Parvizi have transformed brain activity from seizure patients into music. This composition details the three main phases of a seizure. Calmness turns into chaos during the actual seizure, before trailing off into a recovery phase. The work could lead to a powerful biofeedback tool for identifying brain patterns associated with seizures.

https://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/spl9-known1

kind of a fail but i'm going to try some less busy tracks for the next one. Does this type of thing make you cringe sean or rob? (this why i was asking for the oversteps tempos, so feel free to scrap that idea, hah)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Guest ZombieLincoln666

two days ago i spilt water all over my monomachine, octatrack and a4. once this thread is closed i'm gonna finally turn it back on and hope for the best. hopefully dried out by now.

FWIW - leave it as long as u possibly can, just incase its not quite dry, i rushed it once and failed. dry hot space would be good idea

Wonder if it'll work for those as it does a cell phone....stick em in a bag of rice, or box or rice whatever they fit in, and let it soak up all the moisture. This is done to wet cell phones a lot and I've seen it actually work.

Yeah it is just a desiccant. You could use kitty litter (silica gel) too, it might work better. Just put the gear and the desiccant in a sealed container or bag.

Here's a video I knocked up a while back using visuals from Prometheus 'Weyland Files' (not from the film, but pseudo-documentary DVD extra footage), soundtracked by Corc. Finally managed to get it uploaded somewhere tonight.

Autechre - Corc

Tell us if you think it's a good fit :emb:

looks like u chose nice slow rotating section 2'30 mark. seems to open up as the melody gets a bit more duration. cheers

i took a pic of the autechre lp5 cd case, the tracktitles are on the back of the booklet and the barcode is on the front, i was wrong!

2013-11-07224734_zps8926424a.jpg

i think that's the american one, not sure

i thought they used a sticker for our name but maybe it's a later edition

it's a bit weakening how licensees sometimes fuck up artwork, you have to just kind of sign off and hope for the best really

it's american the front says

ae production booth/brown

p+c 1998 warp records ltd

published by warp music/

electric music industries

released under exlusive license

to nothing records limited inc.

manufactured in the united states

by carolne distribution all rights

reserved. printed in the united states

unauthorized reproduction

of this recording is prohibited by

federal law and subject

to criminal prosecution

mastered by frank arkwright

recorded in england

fucking lol

bought it in a belgium shop!

It's weird, because for some reason Amoeba records in Hollywood, California used to have a ton of the grey box versions for sale (lightly used)-- I grabbed one a few years back. I didn't even know there was a lame US cover until a few years later, browsing in that same Amoeba.

kind of a fail but i'm going to try some less busy tracks for the next one. Does this type of thing make you cringe sean or rob? (this why i was asking for the oversteps tempos, so feel free to scrap that idea, hah)

yeah a bit

the first bit was alright tho- until known(1) changed key

hhah - like i was saying the other day as we used to give each other bits of tracks, and always the keys would work.

this isn't far off. i knew after all this u were up to getting bpms so u cld hammer some of these together. goes a bit awry tho when the tunes take a plunge - they split apart at once

but yeah good start defo, more surprised

Edited by Rob Ae

thanks for checking it out, it's surprisingly hard to find 2 relatively not busy tracks of your new stuff that go together. My original idea was to mash move of ten with oversteps tracks but it's mostly failing. Although Spl9 is just so massive in terms of the mix, probably not the best track to mashup

Edited by John Ehrlichman

If you guys could Ask {Artist} Anything, who would you want to pose questions to?

...and if you aren't sick of dishing out names, can you name my circuict bent SK-1

Cheers

Well I'll look forward to seeing you in Dublin next time! Oh and you got me addicted to Je Suis Passe by Hard Corps, I keep looking at the 12" with the instrumental version on discogs. One day!

Cheers Rob and Sean, cheers WATMM. Bye!

ooh and heres my video for an unoffical remix of Treale...... have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWbTQb6mmbg

yeah cheeky cos u cld probably get away with that no one notice the mix until 1'30 ish, fly this. nice emotion built into the synth sounds, quite nice we like to get emotion IN the sound as well as the notes.

Sean and Rob, thank you for being with us all these days. It was great and unexpected!

And the last question:

Guys, do you consider yourself happy?

Sean, please give the name of my collection of CDs and vinyls Autechre :music:

Wish you all the best! :beer:

Sean, you do not like my avatar? Or am I asking too stupid questions? :wink:

Well I'll look forward to seeing you in Dublin next time! Oh and you got me addicted to Je Suis Passe by Hard Corps, I keep looking at the 12" with the instrumental version on discogs. One day!

Cheers Rob and Sean, cheers WATMM. Bye!

nice one m8

Guest vanillarama

Hi guys,

I haven’t been listening to Autechre for decades, or even very long, really. I do look forward to experiencing more of your music in the future and learning more of your back catalogue, but I do feel in the short time that I’ve gotten to know Autechre, I’ve received so much from listening to both your music and your webcasts. That said, all I’ve wanted to do since getting to know your music is to give something back- and that thing would be sandwiches.

I’ve discussed this with many of my friends, and there have been many theories put into place. If I were to make you guys sandwiches, what kind would you like? Are there dietary restrictions and/or allergies for me to consider? I’d be willing to make each of you an entirely different sandwich, but I’ve often thought that avocado would be something both of you might be into.

I’ve wanted to ask about this for some time. Thank you for giving me this outlet, and more importantly, thanks for the music.

yeah i like avocado, esp with a bit of soy sauce, sesame seeds, and some foil cooked salmon

so, something like that? i'll let you figure out if it needs anything else. you seem experienced at sandwiches

So, I'm afraid I must press on for an answer from Rob. We've spent so many evenings discussing this in detail, even considering doing a SWOT analysis on ingredients, and having heated arguments in regards to whether sandwiches themselves are even appropriate. Some of us are getting together tomorrow night for a birthday, and we're going to have a lot of time to discuss and debate your answers. It would also be helpful to know what kind of bread you like. Thanks in advance.

Sean and Rob, thank you for being with us all these days. It was great and unexpected!

And the last question:

Guys, do you consider yourself happy?

Sean, please give the name of my collection of CDs and vinyls Autechre :music:

Wish you all the best! :beer:

Sean, you do not like my avatar? Or am I asking too stupid questions? :wink:

hahah we don't mind yr avatar. what is it?

define happy

lol while we're on ae video spam, here's my rendition of a video using fol4:

fun in the woods with the vaseline.... we basically had the footage first, but then thought fol4 sounds matched it quite nicely.... editing is super chancey, tried to sync it up partially, but mostly it's kinda intuitive/chunky/luls.....

gotta say it scared the shit out of some folks at the screening....

Hi guys,

I haven’t been listening to Autechre for decades, or even very long, really. I do look forward to experiencing more of your music in the future and learning more of your back catalogue, but I do feel in the short time that I’ve gotten to know Autechre, I’ve received so much from listening to both your music and your webcasts. That said, all I’ve wanted to do since getting to know your music is to give something back- and that thing would be sandwiches.

I’ve discussed this with many of my friends, and there have been many theories put into place. If I were to make you guys sandwiches, what kind would you like? Are there dietary restrictions and/or allergies for me to consider? I’d be willing to make each of you an entirely different sandwich, but I’ve often thought that avocado would be something both of you might be into.

I’ve wanted to ask about this for some time. Thank you for giving me this outlet, and more importantly, thanks for the music.

yeah i like avocado, esp with a bit of soy sauce, sesame seeds, and some foil cooked salmon

so, something like that? i'll let you figure out if it needs anything else. you seem experienced at sandwiches

So, I'm afraid I must press on for an answer from Rob. We've spent so many evenings discussing this in detail, even considering doing a SWOT analysis on ingredients, and having heated arguments in regards to whether sandwiches themselves are even appropriate. Some of us are getting together tomorrow night for a birthday, and we're going to have a lot of time to discuss and debate your answers. It would also be helpful to know what kind of bread you like. Thanks in advance.

ah yeah i totally like avocado, i like lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, or balsamic, focaccia, ciabatta. or proper irish soda bread, toasted if u can.

cheggers plays bump

Today, 02:24 PM

I really like your remix of Medium - Celsius for 7 Hills Clash Rebuilt (Forgemasters track is great too)

Anything you can tell us about that mix, or the artist?