IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

ooh and heres my video for an unoffical remix of Treale...... have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWbTQb6mmbg

nah, p cool video tho

is that taken from something?

yeah really like the burned out synths, i'll keep this on hand for a bit. yeah i rem that spot thingy viral wotsitty

Edited by Rob Ae

If you guys could Ask {Artist} Anything, who would you want to pose questions to?

...and if you aren't sick of dishing out names, can you name my circuict bent SK-1

Cheers

hmm i dunno

yeah your sk-1 is now called ezekiel

lol while we're on ae video spam, here's my rendition of a video using fol4:

fun in the woods with the vaseline.... we basically had the footage first, but then thought fol4 sounds matched it quite nicely.... editing is super chancey, tried to sync it up partially, but mostly it's kinda intuitive/chunky/luls.....

gotta say it scared the shit out of some folks at the screening....

vaseline, ah focus i expect

yeah dope

Edited by Rob Ae

Sean and Rob, thank you for being with us all these days. It was great and unexpected!

And the last question:

Guys, do you consider yourself happy?

Sean, please give the name of my collection of CDs and vinyls Autechre :music:

Wish you all the best! :beer:

Sean, you do not like my avatar? Or am I asking too stupid questions? :wink:

ah hi

sorry i have a cold and i keep missing things today

no excuse tho

yeah i mean, i dunno, what's happy? does it even mean anything?

your collection is now called autechre

fun in the woods with the vaseline.... we basically had the footage first, but then thought fol4 sounds matched it quite nicely.... editing is super chancey, tried to sync it up partially, but mostly it's kinda intuitive/chunky/luls.....

looks good, will queue for later

soz these vids are all holding me up

looks very fitting from what i can see so far tho

cheggers plays bump

Today, 02:24 PM

I really like your remix of Medium - Celsius for 7 Hills Clash Rebuilt (Forgemasters track is great too)

Anything you can tell us about that mix, or the artist?

yeah that guy was cool he used to work in warp in sheffield, his name escapes me tho

Sean and Rob, thank you for being with us all these days. It was great and unexpected!

And the last question:

hahah we don't mind yr avatar. what is it?

define happy

So I see myself in the mirror after listening to your tracks... :rolleyes:

Guest subalpine

I was really happy to see you give a shoutout to SoundEdit 16 a couple times and hear a couple tracks you've used it in -- what do you use now for similar editing purposes?

I'd ask for a recommendation for editing software, but I'm not necessarily interested in the "best" -- just something with a similar feel that doesn't require going back to OS9. SE16 was my favorite software years ago and I'm thinking of resurrecting an old OS9-era powerbook so that I can use it again.. I've never been happy with Audacity or other newer editors considered to be similar. Any recommendations?

hi, i've been listening to autechre for a decade+

any advice for new(ish) electronic musicians?

can you name my computer?

what is your username on slsk?

thx

bump

ah yeah re Dael. i mean it could be said as dial, or dale or whatever, so i'm glad we came upon autechre, and like that start and end of = ae, it works well in my local ancient surroundings in many ways that are cool. so yeah. thanks for the details there norway cru

you're more than welcome Rob! yea, I think the ae abbreviation is quite catchy and fitting =)

okay so just a few more before bed,

I'm really curious about (sorry if this have been asked/answered earlier somewhere) :

- parhelic triangle, those eerie chimes, is that a sample from something, like some kind of bell instrument or something else?

- in krib, is that screws or marbles droppin on the table or something else?

just to give it another try, as it seems everyone is doing it: any chance of getting a name for my new kindle?

(sorry, not into making music so I don't have any music related gear to be named, but I'm an avid reader so would be nice to have my reading device named by u guys!)

oh and I just need to: ............................ rob sean pls, come back to Norway on your next tour! .............. there, I did it!

I think that was that, I mean I could go on ask you all kinds of stuff, like what's ur favourite tooth paste and stuff like that. but I think I'll just leave it with this. discussing Lost, SW, Huxley, Batman etc with Sean, and Yello and stuff with Rob I guess is more that I could ever ask for! cheers guys once again. I'll keep following your work as long as you keep on going, so just keep on going making sounds/tracks/albums for us!

need to prepare for bed. This have been out of this world super awesome, Thanks a million times guys! :)

vaseline, ah focus i expect

yeah dope

thx... nah got covered in the stuff for the Beuys reference / for the luls / placenta FX (art school project)

Guest laloslalos

Hi Sean/Rob please visit mexico, here are many people that wants to enjoy your music live.

I think that your albums have different character, but for me Confield is special because is based on generative sequences, how did you avoid using random number generators?

UnderBOAC has one of my favorite complex beats, did you program a polyrhytm sequencer in max?

Are you still using the nord lead, yamaha fs1r, akai mpc 1000 on Exai/L-event?

What do you think about ipad/lemur as a controller?

Best regards

laloslalos

Sweet, thanks for answering my question! I hope one day you release that different version of Cavity Job.

Seriously, everyday I get in my car I'm like, "why can't I play that awesome Autechre track right now?" I'll just keep humming it in my head for the time being.

It has been a pleasure reading all 155 pages of this AAA by the way. Thanks ae!

I was really happy to see you give a shoutout to SoundEdit 16 a couple times and hear a couple tracks you've used it in -- what do you use now for similar editing purposes?

I'd ask for a recommendation for editing software, but I'm not necessarily interested in the "best" -- just something with a similar feel that doesn't require going back to OS9. SE16 was my favorite software years ago and I'm thinking of resurrecting an old OS9-era powerbook so that I can use it again.. I've never been happy with Audacity or other newer editors considered to be similar. Any recommendations?

usually i use digital performer but if its something really simple like trimming starts and ends i'll use wave editor

mountains or volcanos? (personally i like volcanoes cos they explode & stuff but is there anything like the tranquility of mountains? gona b a tough 1) ((thx 4 the epic epic awesomeness by the way!))

Guest titsworth_courier

first i want to extend my sincere thanks to autechre and joyrex for making this happen. i still remember fondly autechre answering my email to them via the old warp web site when i was 18, answering all 5 of my silly questions, so here are some more from when i should be older and wiser, with my apologies if anything has been covered already.

are you playing the dc area any time soon? *crosses fingers*

what was it like being signed in the u.s. to wax trax! and later on to trent reznor's nothing records imprint under major label interscope? did trent solicit a remix for "the perfect drug" or an exclusive for the nothing changes sampler disc he put out with XLR8R mag? maybe even some studio work like he later on did with richard devine and photek? i don't recall ae ever releasing anything especially for this imprint (in fact, ep7 was missing a bit), whereas plaid gave a one-off to that compilation, and plug did a "TPD" remix. it would have been a fine place for an ae/coil release since you were labelmates there, but coil never got anything released during this time, unfortunately. (NIN, ae, and coil are 3 of my all-time favorite recording artists.)

mark bell from LFO tells a version of the story of ae getting signed to warp because he liked your demo he heard over the phone during his own conversation w/ rob mitchell (r.i.p.). how much of that is mischievious embellishment and how much actual factual? obviously there's a lot of love there between you guys over the years (perhaps you could gently encourage some more material from the man).

who's the last hip-hop artist (emcee or producer) you reached out to work with or vice versa? i enjoy the sensational remix and any time rap pops up in one of your live sets/dj mixes.

finally, i absolutely love the lego feet reissue. i'm sure this has been said, but if you have any more like this in the vaults, it would be great to hear.

love,

-travis

And the last question:

ah hi

sorry i have a cold and i keep missing things today

no excuse tho

yeah i mean, i dunno, what's happy? does it even mean anything?

your collection is now called autechre

Loool