IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

You talk about seeing normal things from different angles...can you site an example of this? I'm really curious what this means to you exactly...

p.s. thanks so much for naming my MPC! Can you name my sh101 too? (It's grey, of course... :dry: )

say you're listening to a 303 and it might be part of an acid track but for like 20 seconds it sounds like a perspex sheet being hit with a spoon

your 101 is now called maca

What is my 2 week old baby thinking when he's listening to fleure?

^ Literally lol. Amazing. +50 internetz.

yeah it's ace

i wonder how much more synaesthetic babies are

are his eyes even fully working?

You talk about seeing normal things from different angles...can you site an example of this? I'm really curious what this means to you exactly...

p.s. thanks so much for naming my MPC! Can you name my sh101 too? (It's grey, of course... :dry: )

say you're listening to a 303 and it might be part of an acid track but for like 20 seconds it sounds like a perspex sheet being hit with a spoon

your 101 is now called maca

OMFG THANK YOU SEAN THANK YOU

Btw, Sean or Rob, are you aware of a radio broadcast in the Netherlands back in 2008 where your music was played for 30 minutes (listeners have a chance of 'reserving' 30 minutes to show and tell their fave music) which pissed off the host beyond belief? He only allowed it because it was the basic rule of the whole program, but he was really bummed out by it and said that this would lose a lot of his listeners. Also, they continuously tried to pronounce AE track names and he literally warned listeners about how long the tracks would last before playing them.

Edited by Herr Jan

whats the 'chre drinking culture like? what is your opinion on pimms cups?

i'm a silver patron person, also like slivovitz and sometimes palinka

lately i've been getting into auchentoshan (which is like babby's first single malt, but the lightness reminds me of patron)

Balvenie is my favorite at the moment.

Do you think that in a distant future electronic music will eventually replace all human-acoustic-instrumental music? Do you think that computers will ever replace hardware completely? And, in that distant future, would you consider yourselves to be "early" pioneers of the genre, or be regarded as one of them?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand you guys toured in Japan back in '05. What were some of your favourite things about being in Japan in general? (like the local food, the shops, etc) I'm curious cos I used to live in the north (Hokkaido).

is the sample in deco loc david bowie?

(i'm too hi)

nah

i keep waiting for someone to get one of them but no one has yet

there are 2 main ones

„Being Boiled“ by Human League? read that somewhere in a review...

nah

It has come to my attention that the beginning of Rsdio sounds very familiar to the percussion in this Merzbow track from Ecobondage, somewhere between 1:47 and 2:55

I asked on this forum if you guys sampled the Merzbow track, but the response was lukewarm, lots of doubters. I even went to whosampled.com and they rejected it.

If it's not from Ecobondage, then it's from another Merzbow track called Enclosure (from Enclosure / Libido Economy, Merzbow CD24) , which has similair percussion at some point

My question, so that it is made clear once and for all: Did you guys sample Merzbow's Ecobondage for Rsdio?

no it's a tiny click going thru a Boss RSD10, i only heard that when we got asked to remix him. pretty similar sound though

How do you deal with "writer's block"? (or does your emphasis on 'discovery' render it moot?)

What is the point of music?

Is it communication? Expression? Surrealist nonsense? Meaningless diversion? All of the above? None of the above? Something else, which I couldn't think of offhand?

Edited by LimpyLoo

is the sample in deco loc david bowie?

(i'm too hi)

nah

i keep waiting for someone to get one of them but no one has yet

there are 2 main ones

„Being Boiled“ by Human League? read that somewhere in a review...

nah

throw us a bone here sean we had to buy like 22 albums