IGNORED

Place to chat about AAA thread

lumpenprol

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'watmm pls'

Really, really awesome to see they're that close to their fans ! Two really interesting people. Made me want to listen to Exai again :emotawesomepm9:
Massive thanks to Sean, Rob and JR !

Part of me is concerned at the idea of Ae reading this forum, I certainly would have phrased some of my critiques differently if I thought they might be reading, heh. Luckily I've mostly been a raving fanboy...

Part of me is concerned at the idea of Ae reading this forum, I certainly would have phrased some of my critiques differently if I thought they might be reading, heh. Luckily I've mostly been a raving fanboy...

this is why aphex twin hates releasing music.

just be honest, dont worry about pleasing/displeasing someone you dont know/someone who doesnt know you exists/someone who doesnt care.

this is why aphex twin hates releasing music.

just be honest, dont worry about pleasing/displeasing someone you dont know/someone who doesnt know you exists/someone who doesnt care.

it's not about pleasing/displeasing, I just don't want me (or anyone else here) inadvertently effecting their perception of their music in any way. They seem like tough guys with thick skins but you never know. I think ignorance really is bliss. These days when I read interviews with Boards of Canada they seem to do a lot of talking about how they are perceived, seem to care too much. And possibly Aphex too.

Ae seem to have a good "i don't give a fuck" attitude tho :-)

You missed my point, im talking about that kind of fake attitude people have when they meet someone famous (e.i fake laughing)

Its really frustrated to live in a world where you cant trust people, it must be really difficult for someone famous to read people, they are always around that fake laughing shit, their perception must be fucked.

You missed my point, im talking about that kind of fake attitude people have when they meet someone famous (e.i fake laughing)

Its really frustrated to live in a world where you cant trust people, it must be really difficult for someone famous to read people, they are always around that fake laughing shit, their perception must be fucked.

true, luckily ae are famous with a lower-case "f". Hopefully get to have the best of both worlds, some level of recognition, but without the crush of celebrity

it is really weird to ask questions through the internet though. Gets a tad awkward after a bit, or is it just me?

The answer to the unknown pseudonyms question.. :cerious:

I know. And it got me thinking, if Warp legally own every sound they make, then if they did have a pseudonym it would have to either be proper secret, or released on Warp...

The answer to the unknown pseudonyms question.. :cerious:

I know. And it got me thinking, if Warp legally own every sound they make, then if they did have a pseudonym it would have to either be proper secret, or released on Warp...

Oh god this is gonna torment me for the next 3 months.

Archived