IGNORED

Place to chat about AAA thread

lumpenprol

lol no, not mine

not sure why I thought it was you haha sorry

no worries holmes. I did post a vid of my son dancing to new seeds some time ago, maybe you're thinking of that.

Was Cult Fiction:

What is my 2 week old baby thinking when he's listening to fleure?

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or do what i do, jev, and just do what you want to the point of being almost banned forever

if you do it right you can manage to not get banned but still piss everyone off, it's kind of fun actually

Freshly baked WATMM member Jev has asked so many questions, he's come full circle and is now answering them...

So, Lars von Trier approaches you and asks you to redo some existing tracks (I'm thinking Five Obstructions here). What in your opinion would be the five rules that'd make you go "Aw for fuck's sake man!"? :D

Actually let's say, one of the obstructions is to (re)do a track on a player piano only. Maybe two - one normal player piano and one prepared.

Liking all the Ae music and thanking you once again for this opportunity, max respect.

nah i'd just tell him to fuck off and stop making shit films

I would not. I have heard he is psychically/mentally ill. I have understanding for his imaginations and needs that he realize in his films. I mean I don't enjoy what he does (I am not into films too much) but I respect his problems.

It was bad enough when he asked me if there was a 'better option' for downloading my transcript instead of from googledocs :cerious:

Either a troll account or just a narcissist. Certainly not a very diplomatically behaved newbie. I'm going to do my first post in the aaa thread.

Man, I don't want to start argument here or something but I am maybe newbie here on WATMM but certainly not a newbie in communication with people. I don't care who is who. I respect Sean for his music and some opinions but will never support such opinions. Moreover, I have written it completely politely. So next time you expect somebody to lick your idol's ass make sure his account has not my nickname. If Sean doesn't give a fuck in conversations with/about people - then I don't give a fuck. Understood? So don't be such hypocrites, people.

read the rules, foo'. assertive communication is not a problem, presumptuousness - especially as a newcomer - is.

I hope you are joking. This is not an army. This is a forum. I am, as an ordinary guy, pressing buttons on my keyboard to send messages to another ordinary guys in the world. We may also talk on the street like ordinary guys. Unless you are 60 while I am 10 then you have absolutely no right to talk about presumptuousness. I am not your son/employee/recruit - you are not my father/employer/sergeant.

Moreover, show me what I have done so presumptuously before you started to fuck with me.

you're talking about a sort of democracy where there's no heirarchy, but in case you haven't been onto the internet very long, its probably good to "lurk more" as they say.

then you can get an idea of the particular internet community that you are at, during a given time window. the names that you see on a forum have had time to develop an understanding of each others quirks over a period of time, and to just barge in like that and get between these associations and friendships might result in undue tensions.

in short, my theory is: lurk more, observe the tendencies, read, listen to music, decide if a given forum is right for you or not, and decide to either lurk or keep seeking for a community that you feel comfortable at.

Man I appreciate your diplomatic tone (seriously) but I just registered to ask my favourite band some questions. Suddenly without any reason (at least no one really explained yet) I was accused of bad behaviour. Because of that I am seriously confused and want to solve it promptly.

So tell me finally somebody what I did wrong so we can solve it. And don't try to make this some "old-stager vs newbie" game. That is not my style.

I thought SB's reply in my question was a) bit of a punk attitude of the moment i.e., "nah, screw that, can't be bothered, fuck it", b) hilarious for its immediacy, c) not really implying that *all* of LvT films are shit since he said "he should stop making shit films".

Anyway

I mean people are misnaming me here constantly and that is apparently all right. But when I disagree with a member of my favourite band then I am the bad guy.

I thought you guys here were more mature. I would expect such behaviour in different communities.

or do what i do, jev, and just do what you want to the point of being almost banned forever

if you do it right you can manage to not get banned but still piss everyone off, it's kind of fun actually

Man it is not even really a priority for me to be able to be here on WATMM. I was just reading this forum for like two years before I decided to register just for AAA. My point is I don't want to be accused of doing something wrong when it is not based on solid arguments. That is simply wrong and I can't accept it.

I mean people just misname somebody just because he is defending himself against somebody who they know. That's just stupid. I would expect more empathy from Ae community. It is not music for stupid people isn't it.

Jesus Christ Jov will you fuck off?

No. You will either prove me I am wrong or apologise to me for accusing me of something I didn't or ban me.

Feel free to continue according to your level of intelligence.

Have you enjoyed answering all these questions?

I like you guys put your self out here. Great thread to read. (what I have read in bits and pieces so far haha)

yeah, some tricky cos despite having the answers (i mean we are the subject, not say Maths or a given syllabus), which is ok - been done b4, but its like a race to get them down. with true feels ;)

:cisfor:

Man it is not even really a priority for me to be able to be here on WATMM. I was just reading this forum for like two years before I decided to register just for AAA. My point is I don't want to be accused of doing something wrong when it is not based on solid arguments. That is simply wrong and I can't accept it.

I mean people just misname somebody just because he is defending himself against somebody who they know. That's just stupid. I would expect more empathy from Ae community. It is not music for stupid people isn't it.

It's the amount you post and how much you keep replying and things that is the problem, not the content. Your posts are far from the worst I've seen, but it's the fact that you just keep posting and posting and you feel the need to defend every point and respond to every post. I don't really care to be honest, but you're not following forum etiquette in many senses. Many new users are like this - I was, as was StephenG - and it generally fades. Also I'm not trying to say anything about you as a person, it's just that interacting on a forum works differently and so it takes a bit to get used to.

haha, you were rude to a couple of members. Of course if i drag posts up you will then spend the next hour in an argument telling me that they were at fault and how i should apologize to you for being a straight shooter or something. heh, i can see it all now.

anyway, lets just drop the whole thing. With good humour an move this thread off this dire course, or i'll delete every post that pertains to it.

/shakes hands, laughs about you telling sean and rob in two posts goodnight for the day and then when that wasn't enough, quoting those two posts for good measure, 'oh you'. /gets sheepish reply as it dawns on you that we all good and not to take things so seriously or sanctimoniously.

And everything gets back on track.

-xW9DnU5gU6gx48PLXMSnA2.jpg

Jesus Christ Jov will you fuck off?

No. You will either prove me I am wrong or apologise to me for accusing me of something I didn't or ban me.

Feel free to continue according to your level of intelligence.

lol dude you dont even know lol i mean lol do you even know

do you even get it?

lol?

get it man lol i hope you get it because otherwise you are in for a rought time lol

It's the amount you post and how much you keep replying and things that is the problem, not the content. Your posts are far from the worst I've seen, but it's the fact that you just keep posting and posting and you feel the need to defend every point and respond to every post. I don't really care to be honest, but you're not following forum etiquette in many senses. Many new users are like this - I was, as was StephenG - and it generally fades. Also I'm not trying to say anything about you as a person, it's just that interacting on a forum works differently and so it takes a bit to get used to.

Man so please, finally, tell me what I did specifically. Is it a quantity of questions I gave to Ae? Or is it my single, completely polite disagreement with Sean (he took it absolutely normally)? I really don't understand. People just keep telling me "fuck off".

haha, you were rude to a couple of members. Of course if i drag posts up you will then spend the next hour in an argument telling me that they were at fault and how i should apologize to you for being a straight shooter or something. heh, i can see it all now.

anyway, lets just drop the whole thing. With good humour an move this thread off this dire course, or i'll delete every post that pertains to it.

/shakes hands, laughs about you telling sean and rob in two posts goodnight for the day and then when that wasn't enough, quoting those two posts for good measure, 'oh you'. /gets sheepish reply as it dawns on you that we all good and not to take things so seriously or sanctimoniously.

And everything gets back on track.

-xW9DnU5gU6gx48PLXMSnA2.jpg

haha there be some truth in dat

Man so please, finally, tell me what I did specifically. Is it a quantity of questions I gave to Ae? Or is it my single, completely polite disagreement with Sean (he took it absolutely normally)? I really don't understand. People just keep telling me "fuck off".

more tips about the internet: http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Flame_War

the power is in all our hands. lets save ourselves the trouble.

Is it a quantity of questions I gave to Ae?

yes, and how you kept responding to things in the thread, and kept responding to people posting things about you. but like godel said, it's not really that big of a deal, people will tell you to fuck off real easy online even in relatively kind forums like this. but you definitely need to change your posting habits if you want to not keep getting bitched at.

edit:

like yeah, you don't even have to respond to any of this really, defending yourself is worse than just ignoring it usually, even if you are right it just keeps on going. that's how I stayed alive.

Archived