IGNORED

Place to chat about AAA thread

lumpenprol

Jav, do you make music of your own? If so, how heavily is it influenced by Autechre?

Yes, I produce my own music. I have two "projects" actually. One solo and one with my friend who is a guitarist (we have been working on an album for three years now).

Technically I am heavily influenced by Autechre (in terms of inspiration for sonic experimentation etc.) but I really try to be fresh and have my own style - they also wasn't the first experimental band I have listened to and I started to make music before I actually heard them. So sounds are often weird but composition is more normal I would say. I mean, in a way of composition I am more influenced by prog-rock and art-rock and pop bands than Autechre or other electronic bands. I enjoy listening to their crazy, algorithmic stuff but mostly don't really enjoy creating them, because I simply don't feel it enough to make such stuff. Also, Autechre are not my only favourite electronic band. Just the most favourite - so I am influenced by a lot of bands actually. My father is an audiophile so I grew up on lot of rock and 80's new-wave and pop and bit of dance tunes (as he owned a pub where these stuff were played).

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delet, could you please delete that post in AAA thread when I am quoting myself? It wasn't intended (I just wanted to edit the posts) and it looks really stupid. I am glad you pointed it out. Thank you.

mission completed.

Delet, could you please delete that post in AAA thread when I am quoting myself? It wasn't intended (I just wanted to edit the posts) and it looks really stupid. I am glad you pointed it out. Thank you.

mission completed.

Thank you. At first I had absolutely no idea what you was talking about. Then I revisited the thread and saw it...so thanks.

if anybody was here back in 2005 or 2006 please go to this thread, read the last post and let me know if you can help. Id be a very happy man! I'd love to do a better more competent version of this concept using the melodic beatless tracks from OVersteps combined with some of their less melodic beat oriented stuff. Sean said I can bug him for the tempos, which i plan to do!

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/1831-autechre-mashup-mixes/

Does everyone feel like they asked everything that they wanted too. Might be handy to list everything that we asked so we don't double ask. Shame this didn't happen in like a mega post containing just the questions. I did notice though that they re-answered stuff.

amazingly yes and mostly answered, however is one question that I and Kcinsu have brought up maybe 4-5 times that they've not addressed at all about their feelings on physical modeling synthesis.

if anybody was here back in 2005 or 2006 please go to this thread, read the last post and let me know if you can help. Id be a very happy man! I'd love to do a better more competent version of this concept using the melodic beatless tracks from OVersteps combined with some of their less melodic beat oriented stuff. Sean said I can bug him for the tempos, which i plan to do!

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/1831-autechre-mashup-mixes/

I kind of remember that but I don't have them. sorry.

I'd def like to hear them again though.

I like how people kept wanting them to do piano pieces which they stated that they weren't intrested in, and robotic instruments were for 'aspirational musicians' or aspirational artists or something. lol heh.

john i'm just hoping this is helping you to finally get into exai :emotawesomepm9:

I'm more into it now after the initial apprehension. I've warmed up to a lot more of the album in general but Bladelores just isn't my jam.

i didn't like draft so much but now after years i just want to put it on the whole time, bladelores might be your jam in few years/month's

Delet, you don't suck man! About the piano thing, I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or anything.

I can partly understand that fans want to see their favourite band shifting 'terrains' (i.e., from electronics & machines to acoustic instruments, or from one genre to another) - it's a kind of an wow-factor. But at the same time, the piano is some sort of an instrument heavily charged with cultural bias (i.e., "if you're an electronic musician and you compose pieces for piano, you're granted more respect"), which is a little flawed in my opinion.

Don't want to muddy up the AAA thread so just going to give an early "Thank You" to Autechre for being awesome dudes who make awesome music who go out of their way to do nice things for their fans. So, Thanks again. I hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as all of us did.

Adieu

So we're coming to the end, and I think WATMM needs to leave Sean & Rob with something to remember us by.

I'm thinking...

Everybody changes their avatar to a Bull Wallet cover

http://bullwalletversions.tumblr.com/

or maybe

A dramatic collective reading of Autechre track titles and album names(the more unpronounceable ones to hilarious effect), here is one I just did for 'bladelores'

attachicon.gifbladelores.wav

I fully volunteer to edit together everybody's dramatic readings

I like this idea! Here's mine:

Nice one - it's downright sensuous, particularly the drawn out puls

the sheer retardedness of my entry should be enough to declare watmm a nuclear zone

They've done one piece with piano, that Jello remix, which is really nice.

Actually its the original Jello track less the everything but the piano melody, pretty much a remix by subtraction (it's still nice tho). Defiantly check out the the Jello album if you haven't already :music:

Archived