IGNORED

Place to chat about AAA thread

lumpenprol

It's funny because as I replied in the thread, I can definitely understand how it would have been a difficult track. I still can't tell what that main loop is made from. It seems to evolve so naturally too, like it was grown or something.

well modey, you'll figure it out, you did crack fol3, which (on the surface) sounds like a much tougher nut to crack :-) theres definitely some stuff going on in parhelic which requires further analysis.

EDIT: Ignore my previous edit. It was actually the right thread i was posting in, i just scrolled up and saw all those t-shirts and thought i was in the t-shirt thread.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

did anyone ever ask them what they do for EQ and compression now that they are almost 100% digital/max/in the box? i remember reading sean saying he wasn't impressed with digital eq back in 2005 or something

did anyone ever ask them what they do for EQ and compression now that they are almost 100% digital/max/in the box? i remember reading sean saying he wasn't impressed with digital eq back in 2005 or something

i tried getting specifics on how they get their live mixes to sound so good coming out of max/msp. I wasn't quite sure how to interpret their answer, at one point he said they just send out stereo channels to the mixing desk, at another point he said the house engineer would do their 'mix' for them. Not sure what that means exactly. I can't imagine not using a submix before sending it to the house

Guest bitroast

It's funny because as I replied in the thread, I can definitely understand how it would have been a difficult track. I still can't tell what that main loop is made from. It seems to evolve so naturally too, like it was grown or something.

well modey, you'll figure it out, you did crack fol3, which (on the surface) sounds like a much tougher nut to crack :-) theres definitely some stuff going on in parhelic which requires further analysis.

EDIT: Ignore my previous edit. It was actually the right thread i was posting in, i just scrolled up and saw all those t-shirts and thought i was in the t-shirt thread.

wait what's this about cracking fol3 ?

i love fol4 but still kind of zone out during fol3.

Guest bitroast

why'd you change your name ?

ha.

pigster was a name that i'd been hanging onto for awhile. i actually came up with it for a hotmail address back in primary school days (how sickening is that!!).

and to be honest, it never even meant anything. i'd just been sticking to it for the sake of consistency.

i'd been meaning to change it for awhile on watmm and finally got around to messaging joyrex the other day. already had someone in CHATMM getting confused and angry that it was too similar to Roasty *n* !!

Doesn't sound like roasty. Are you going to wait a while before you change your avatar, you know, during the transition phase where everyone gets used to the new, minorly cooler nick.

John Ehrlichman, on 04 Nov 2013 - 4:14 PM, said:

snapback.png

how much influence if any did Farmers Manual's work have on you guys?

I know the terms 'idm' and 'glitch are rather crass these days but are there any pioneers of this genre that you feel laid important ground for future music?

i'd say less than ramon

i dunno i mean no one i know uses that term so i don't even know what artists qualify. i always think of general magic tho when someone says it

really i guess it means yasunao, which i mean, well he's fucking brilliant isn't he

Anyone know what 'ramon' he's referring to... it sounds facetious

snapback.png

I know the terms 'idm' and 'glitch are rather crass these days but are there any pioneers of this genre that you feel laid important ground for future music?

i'd say less than ramon

i dunno i mean no one i know uses that term so i don't even know what artists qualify. i always think of general magic tho when someone says it

really i guess it means yasunao, which i mean, well he's fucking brilliant isn't he

Ramon Bauer of general magic, i think.

Honk if your girlfriend is pissed like hell for taking over the laptop for 2 days

*inverted honk*

I was taken over by my gf for two days, so I missed out on all the fun...sorta. They're still bloody answering! Those lads. Lads with lush pads.

stop showing off

Lol

One post and I'm already showing off?

*counts the amount of osc selfies posted on watmm*

you nerdy hypocrite you ;D

just to let you guys know that I made the original suggestion to joyrex via PM to get ae onboard with some kind of interview with questions solely from watmm members - I didn't realise they'd actually come on here and answer in real time though. Why didn't anyone think of this idea ages ago!? shame there's no potential soundboard release of prior live sets...

I'm seriously doubting whether your question had anything to do with the ae bros showing up at watmm, but that's not really the point. Compliments for asking a lot of good questions in the aaa thread. Apart from it being good questions, it set the trend, kept the conversation going, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Awesome, dude.

autechre basically had sex with watmm

TRUTH

And it's time for some extra pillow talk!

* lights a cigarette*

snapback.png

i'd say less than ramon

Ramon Bauer of general magic, i think.

:cisfor: thankee

Archived