IGNORED

Place to chat about AAA thread

lumpenprol

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what was this bit about, anybody have any specific links to this Dutch interview?

question

Years ago (around the Untilted release period I think) I've read an interview in a (dutch?) magazine. The end of the interview got a bit weird, because the journie asked "whats the most extreme thing a fan ever did" or something like that.

You said you were afraid to answer that question. You said you would agree to tell it only if the interviewer agreed not to publish the story. Because you were afraid should that one fan read it, he might get more crazy ideas or something. The interviewer then said you told the story, and he confirmed that it was indeed pretty messed up.

So, after all these years, can you tell what that was about?

I mean, you probably won't. But I once made a thread about it here, and some said it had something to do with a fake hoax video someone made, that a lot of people thought was real.

Fuck, I hope this isn't too much of a downer.

answer

yeah i think i know what this is about, not totally sure tbh cos i can't rem the interview

but nah i wouldn't talk about (what i'm thinking of) here cos it would fuck someone's reputation and that's kind of totally unnecessary in this context

oh btw its got nothing to do with any video

i wonder which fan would 'think of more crazy ideas' and what the hell he's talking about. curious

maybe, i think triachus maybe was confusing 2 different things. For one the fake beheading video had absolutely nothing to do with them, although sean was asked about it in conjunction with that Untilted fake I did in a 'in the mix' interview in australia. So maybe there is misinformation out there that i did some kind of hoax beheading video as some sort of autechre fan action? seems pretty doubtful.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/features/20857/--- where the interviewer asks them about the untilted fake

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/08/08/american-iraq-beheading-hoax original story about the beheading hoax

the 'Ben' in question in that fox news article is the same rapper in the Coil rap parody i just posted in the coil thread, just for context.   The video had nothing to do with the Untilted fake except for that they both relied on the nature of file sharing networks to employ the spread of false data.

lol

glad to be of service to allow you to publically distance yourself from the possible fruitcake.

still though, where the F is glotch in all of this. i'd almost think he's one of them boys pulling off a satire on our fanboyisms.

"Academic" Electronic Music
			Horatio Vaggione
			Bernard Parmegiani
				Indicatif Roissy
		Italo Disco
		New Beat
		Venetian Snares
		Bass Music/Dubstep
			Labels
				Hessle
				Hemlock
			Untold
			Mensah
		Industrial Techno
		Vladimir Ussachevsky
		Asmus Tietchens and Moebius
		Binray
		Jazz
			Eberhard Weber - Yellow Fields
			Fred Frith - Guitar Solos
			Herb Alpert
		Detroit Techno
			Drexciya
				Dexciya 2: Bubble Metropolis

here's some of the mind map data as text, just the music acts AE either namechecked or acknowledged in the positive in some way.... future nitpickers, i'm well aware of all structural inconsistencies, redundancies etc. - consider it raw data to fix as you like

I think King Crimson should be there too. Sean said he "rates" them. I would also add slash behind "Dabrye" and put there "Tadd Mullinix" because those are separate music projects (different style etc) and I asked about both of them and Sean did not explicitly said which one he likes.

Thanks for this list anyway!

Guest jasondonervan

I'd just like to take this opportunity to apologise to Sean and Rob that they will now forever be associated with Bananaman because of me.

Too late now!

1oCNExw.gif

Guest Roksen Creek

I'd just like to take this opportunity to apologise to Sean and Rob that they will now forever be associated with Bananaman because of me.

Too late now!

1oCNExw.gif

Lol, that gif is weirding me out.

lol

glad to be of service to allow you to publically distance yourself from the possible fruitcake.

still though, where the F is glotch in all of this. i'd almost think he's one of them boys pulling off a satire on our fanboyisms.

Glotch only really pops up when there's an upcoming album so he can tirelessly repeat "DURR ARE THERE ANY LEAKS YET DURRR I'MAFUCKINGCUNT"

Too late now!

1oCNExw.gif

Lol, that gif is weirding me out.

It's those arm-movements. It's just not right.

lol

Glotch only really pops up when there's an upcoming album so he can tirelessly repeat "DURR ARE THERE ANY LEAKS YET DURRR I'MAFUCKINGCUNT"

Durrr?

Tom-Dwan.jpg

My favorite was before oversteps. Glotch prior to release: "They are going downhill, they're repeating themselves, nothing will ever match their previous output, etc etc". Glotch after release: "I'm so sorry Sean and Rob, please forgive me, I'm not worthy, I'm going to crawl into a cave somewhere and contemplate my sins" or something to that effect. Talk about bipolar...

I think you all underestimate gl0tch's sense of humour. Or i'm underestimating yours. He's a cool kid, he almost got us Quaristice soundboard, remember? Despite the mates telling us there isn't such a thing.

lol why does everything involve drake and grime on fact magazine, they didn't even mention that sean likes ween

my god this was an amazing experience i still can't believe i was a tinny part of it! :watmm:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/81109-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-sean-and-rob-on-watmm/?p=2084044

I think you all underestimate gl0tch's sense of humour. Or i'm underestimating yours. He's a cool kid, he almost got us Quaristice soundboard, remember? Despite the mates telling us there isn't such a thing.

the odd thing is if you read the whole AAA, they contradict themselves more than once in regards to tour recordings.

Guest jasondonervan

lol why does everything involve drake and grime on fact magazine, they didn't even mention that sean likes ween

my god this was an amazing experience i still can't believe i was a tinny part of it! :watmm:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/81109-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-sean-and-rob-on-watmm/?p=2084044

Ivan rolling out the toplels like it ain't no thing :beer:

Archived