IGNORED

Autechre remix Oberman Knocks

MarcinKoczot

Posts from Oberman's Facebook page:

October 6th: Cutting AP006 this Friday for a November release (date tbc) – available as a limited edition 12" vinyl and digital.

October 11th: Cutting AP006 – dual speed 12" with 17 min Autechre remix.

I guess the production got delayed :happy:

https://www.facebook.com/obermanknocks

• 2 weeks later...

There are test pressing pictures on his facebook now.

Did a search for this stuff. Found the original track Dilankex (unreleased before as it seems) on Andrea Parker mix at S13. Track slowly fades in at 55:22 and plays for 4 minutes.

http://secretthirteen.org/secret-thirteen-mix-060-andrea-parker/

It looks like some English post-electro commemorative, this label Aperture. Andrea Parker is a host. Releases primarily Oberman Knocks, but also has archive collab by Mira Calix & guy of Seefeel and did a remix EP with the likes of Plaid, Quinoline Yellow, Kero and Bitstream twins.

17 minute remix???

Likely it's a long track in itself, both original and a remix use the whole vinyl side according to descriptions. Almost everything Ae done in a decade remix-wise is some kind of a little-to-none alteration of original.

17 minute remix???

I'm stoked because it's Autechre doing it and not the usual suspect of Ricardo Villalobos. His Shackleton remix had to be split in two for the vinyl release, digital copy is 19+ minutes.

One of his newest remixes is 45-minutes-long

:cerious:

Edited by joshuatx

17 minute remix???

I'm stoked because it's Autechre doing it and not the usual suspect of Ricardo Villalobos. His Shackleton remix had to be split in two for the vinyl release, digital copy is 19+ minutes.

I think It's unintentional fuck off to Juan & Maurizio, the old masters. Metroplex needs a remix of mine? What an honour. Guess what, I'M RICARDO VILLALOBOS AND THIS IS WHAT I DO BEST *throws an unedited 45 mins length of respect*

Knowing he has a respect for Ae too, they should ask him to remix something just to see how Warp handles 2 hours.

awesome, can't wait to hear a 17 minute ae

a “frantic, fractured” 17-minute creature with an “unmistakable Autechre crescendo.”

Edited by jules

Guest pixelives

17 minute remix???

I once made a joke about RV and why his remixes are so long, it's basically bc he passes out in a K hole while tracking. :dry:

• 1 month later...

You can pre-order the vinyl now from the label's website and listen to a snippet of the Ae remix. Shipping on 01.24

Cool, feels edit-y, though i don't hear 17 min scale ballad in any form as of yet

It looks like some English post-electro commemorative, this label Aperture. Andrea Parker is a host. Releases primarily Oberman Knocks, but also has archive collab by Mira Calix & guy of Seefeel and did a remix EP with the likes of Plaid, Quinoline Yellow, Kero and Bitstream twins.

We'll also see a Chris Douglas release there which I'm looking forward to.

As for the Ae, will have to wait for flac download. The snippet is interesting. Sounds like Ae go O.S.T

I must say I have bought the Beat...thing album of Oberman Knocks a while a go, but not yet listened.

Edited by Guest