IGNORED

Autechre remix Oberman Knocks

MarcinKoczot

for some reason i missed this. listening for the second time now. really, really, really good. the whole thing makes more sense, once you know how it ends.

yeah, i didn't click on this thread until months after it was released. It was the "Oberman Knocks" title that threw me way off. Then it was like giddily unwrapping 17 minutes of brand new, dense-ass autechre for days. shit is like drugs.

i have to change my opnion on this track a bit. the first ~5 minutes are crap. especially these simple repeating parts suck big time. but once the pad-like sounds starts it gets over the top gorgeous.

Edited by panz0r
  • Facepalm 1

My favourite passage starts at 6.20, best of it beginning at 6.46.

And someone already wrote it. I think in some parts the track could have more bass.

Edited by Guest

Fooking gorgeous track. Love how they both must have steadfastly agreed not to cut it down to a shorter running time.

''This isn't an album track we can let it run unedited. It's jamming''

"Cool''

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I somehow missed this when it first came out. Bought it on Sunday and have been listening to literally nothing else since.
This is my favorite kind of Autechre, beautifully self-indulgent. The buildup is like that Pushchairs for Grownups remix but way more intense. Really epic without getting too proggy.

Rob pls Sean pls more remixes...

Their remixes ARE some of their best stuff. Ecobondage was fucking stunning, gives me the impression there's a vast fantasy land of tracks from between Cichlisuite and LP5 we'll never hear. Weissensee, Stop Look Listen, Skeng, Tunnels Ov Set, Psi Onyx, Aire Kaiiya, shit, too many to count.

of the past 4-5 years of Autechre the tracks that feel the most perfect to me are this one and Tac Lacora.

so glad Ae didn't try to collect every single rare analog synth under the sun and instead spent their time becoming some of the most interesting and emotionally compelling sound designers ever (no offense aphex)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

of the past 4-5 years of Autechre the tracks that feel the most perfect to me are this one and Tac Lacora.

so glad Ae didn't try to collect every single rare analog synth under the sun and instead spent their time becoming some of the most interesting and emotionally compelling sound designers ever (no offense aphex)

This! My thoughts exactly! They constantly push boundaries of sound design and actually use the most modern methods (and keep developing their own!) which is exactly why they've been my number one artists for quite some years now.

We even got TWO remixes for Skeng and they're both great in their own right.

Two?? I thought there was only one...

The original Skeng is pretty dope too.

Edited by ambermonk

Their remixes ARE some of their best stuff. Ecobondage was fucking stunning, gives me the impression there's a vast fantasy land of tracks from between Cichlisuite and LP5 we'll never hear. Weissensee, Stop Look Listen, Skeng, Tunnels Ov Set, Psi Onyx, Aire Kaiiya, shit, too many to count.

That's not a remix, right? Or is it?

I've only ever heard the dub mix of Skeng. Fun fact: the word Skeng itself is Jamaican patois for a knife or bladed weapon.

I'm sure there's still loads of remixes I haven't yet heard. The Tunnels Ov Set one is great too.

We even got TWO remixes for Skeng and they're both great in their own right.

Two?? I thought there was only one...

The original Skeng is pretty dope too.

Here is the dub mix:

that opening at 2:59 remind me the moment when 6852 spreads its wings

Cheers for that, only knew the regular remix! Part @2:59 in is just beautiful...

i might be wrong but i think its just a cover of something from an old bbc program intro music of the same name 'stop look listen'. there might be a sample of it in the actual song, but to call it a remix would be a bit of a stretch i think (but aren't all ae remixes)? so who knows

i might be wrong but i think its just a cover of something from an old bbc program intro music of the same name 'stop look listen'. there might be a sample of it in the actual song, but to call it a remix would be a bit of a stretch i think (but aren't all ae remixes)? so who knows
Yeah I think you're right actually. Still lots of other great ones.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...