IGNORED

Autechre remix Oberman Knocks

MarcinKoczot

Heard about a 2-min sample of the remix @ Aperture Records' site. Really dig what I've heard so far; the granular chords in the background and the insectoid percussion - a sound only Ae can produce.

The MP3 download will be available 3rd March on Amazon - I'll wait til then to buy the whole thing. Not gonna bother with Blerp because I don't trust their inconsistency in service.

Bleep now deliver the 24bit wav files again. We get a longer remix ;-)

Old file: 17:10.594 (45 449 216 samples)

New file: 17:10.762 (45 456 584 samples)

If it just was about the 16->24bit mistake, then they fuck things up, because length still should be the same. Or they mess with silence. Whatever. First world problems.

Edited by Guest

Yeah first cut must have been the wrong 24bit files. I made single image FLACs out of them and the result was 814 kbps average, 139 199 123 bytes. Now the new files compress to 1513 kbps @ 258 816 107 bytes.

Yeah first cut must have been the wrong 24bit files. I made single image FLACs out of them and the result was 814 kbps average, 139 199 123 bytes. Now the new files compress to 1513 kbps @ 258 816 107 bytes.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Just redownloaded and all is rectified! Thanks Wurtwasser; I'm glad I'm not the only Aspie music-hoarder on here ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only Aspie music-hoarder on here ;)

Ha! As a hydrogenaudio.org veteran and fb2k user I tend to be very picky about such things, yes... I usually want good work and best quality by distributors. Bleep is not perfect. There are much better distribs on the classical music side who do it much better. Best audio up to 192khz, good tagging, best quality album art from source even with cut marks. A tiny album art jpg as here in the oberman case is rather... poor.

Ant of Norman Records (I like his reviews, he loves the stuff I love :-) also brings that insect reference. I've read it a few times already. Hmm, I cannot hear insects.What where?!..

But about frogs, yeah thats true, I also was sure a frog passed my way at the 9.50 mark somewhere.

Our business lady has just highlighted the fact that some of the sounds are frog like and I agree. Like a million cyborg toads man.

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/145255-oberman-knocks-autechre-dilankex-ep-

I'm glad I'm not the only Aspie music-hoarder on here ;)

Ha! As a hydrogenaudio.org veteran and fb2k user I tend to be very picky about such things, yes... I usually want good work and best quality by distributors. Bleep is not perfect. There are much better distribs on the classical music side who do it much better. Best audio up to 192khz, good tagging, best quality album art from source even with cut marks. A tiny album art jpg as here in the oberman case is rather... poor.

I used to go on Hydrogen Audio forums when I was setting up EAC and fb2k on my comp. An invaluable resource for sure!

I agree, the 800x800 jpeg is very poor (not to mention it's a photo of the sleeve rather than the original image file). There's a 1000x1000 photo floating around the web of the same image that doesn't appear to be upscaled which I am using.

Fuck! only had 1 listen so far but this is immense, The most fucked up Autechre have sounded for a long time.

Also quite liking the sound of the original track, Never heard Oberman Knocks before and blatantly only got this for the Ae remix but they sound good, might have to check out more from them.

Don't hate me...

I gotta say...after a dozen listens I feel this one unraveling a bit.

The first five minutes falls flat for me. It just seems like a less developed (not in a good way) version of the middle 5-7 minutes (which are great).

The ending is incredible.

I also sense a sonic thinness that is unfamiliar (for ae). Like parts of it were run out of a headphone jack instead of through an audio interface or something (which obviously it wasn't...or was it?....or not). It's hard to place my finger on.....just something different about this track compared to others sound design wise.

Compositionally flawless other than a couple bewildering dead spots that feel lazy in the first 5-6 minutes.

Hate me...

Don't hate me...

I gotta say...after a dozen listens I feel this one unraveling a bit.

The first five minutes falls flat for me. It just seems like a less developed (not in a good way) version of the middle 5-7 minutes (which are great).

The ending is incredible.

I also sense a sonic thinness that is unfamiliar (for ae). Like parts of it were run out of a headphone jack instead of through an audio interface or something (which obviously it wasn't...or was it?....or not). It's hard to place my finger on.....just something different about this track compared to others sound design wise.

Compositionally flawless other than a couple bewildering dead spots that feel lazy in the first 5-6 minutes.

Hate me...

This track doesn't have a really bass-heavy kick or a consistently heavy bassline which could be resulting in the 'thinness' you're perceiving.

The drums sound so organic it almost sounds as though they went for the Flutter approach where no bars match up exactly. Really impressed by this!

Overall I hear 3 parts.

1. First part 0 - 5.30

2. Center pt. -12.03

3. Final part -end

They all may have introductions and deconstructions and more subparts... But thats the raw structure for me. E.g. You could also say finale starts at 15.05.

Edited by Guest

Really like the original track. Not feeling the Autechre remix, and as I don't need bad vibes from y'all I'll say no more on that subject :biggrin:.

Oberman Knocks will be under investigations soon.

I kind of struggled with the first 4 or 5 mins of this remix but then it really gets amazing... Gave my Untilted vibes, love the chords