IGNORED

Autechre remix Oberman Knocks

MarcinKoczot

that is so beautiful i am gunna cri

fixed.

lol no it's really fucked up that those bugs hatch from their parent and then eat them. I think that's incredibly fucked up! It might just be because of my personal situation this week though.

Maybe I'd usually find cannibalistic parent eating creatures beautiful.

Thanks Goiter

Loved this from the 1st listen but after repeated plays this is opening up even more, so much awesomeness. Being an Autechre fan really is the gift that keeps on giving, I kinda feel sorry for thoes poor afx and BOC fanboys!

Edited by kirm

I hope they now follow this up with some more remix work.

Seeing how often they used to create remixes shows that this is the only part of their production output that has dropped over the years.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/41-Autechre?sort=year%2Casc&limit=250&subtype=Remix&type=Credits

(and note that some of the recent ones 2010 onwards listed there are re-issues)

Guest totemcrackerjack

This is ridiculously good. In another context, the original track would've been solid, but AE blows it clean out of the water. I don't get all the references to bugs/hiveminds/nests though. Just sounds like a further take on Exai, albeit this would have never fit with that lot. Really pushing the envelope on what a 'remix' is. Barely anything is prominently sampled from the original.

I'm keen to see what their next LP will constitute. More of this? A complete 180 not unlike oversteps? I'm probably wrong on both counts. Trying to accurately predict what these guys do next is nearly impossible.

I'm keen to see what their next LP will constitute. More of this? A complete 180 not unlike oversteps? I'm probably wrong on both counts. Trying to accurately predict what these guys do next is nearly impossible.

More idm

They will hopefully remix Shostakovich. Fifth symphony, 1st movement. Allegro con delicatessen. But first they'll do recorder remakes of their own tracks.

No seriously. I predict we will see some more stuff with subtle melody accompanied by tons of trouble, like the oberman rmx, tac or FLeure.

Edited by Guest

They will hopefully remix Shostakovich. Fifth symphony, 1st movement. Allegro con delicatessen.

Maybe a string quartet would be more amenable to pulvaerization?

They will hopefully remix Shostakovich. Fifth symphony, 1st movement. Allegro con delicatessen.

You'll no doubt be jealous that I recently saw the 7th Symphony performed live ;)

this track

this pretty much hits the darkest most vulnerable part of my soul, I'm gonna have fucking nightmares over this, I watched 2 seconds of it out of curiosity, then had to can it quickly before my soul was possessed with a satanic sickness

cockroaches are the work of the Devil, it's their waving antennas......ohhh. Glad I live in leafy Berkshire, no cockroaches here. Hissing? Wtf is that all about....

Maybe a string quartet would be more amenable to pulvaerization?
The one with DSCH please... Well Yeah, haven't seen the 7th live. But 5,8 and 11. Have seen Ae only live once. In Cologne, forgot year. TJ had red hot car out...

this is like an ultra xylin room reprise... maybe it's a different sort of respiratory system, but it's recalling qualities of Draft and Untilted that are so pleasing to the ear. there's a lot of push and pull, and it seemed impenetrable earlier, but it really opened up when i trained on a 'beat' or repeating pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

In some ways this reminds me of a contemporary Ae take on a sidelong style Tangerine Dream composition from the mid 70s (Phaedra, Rubycon, etc.) Goes through several sections. Melody from 9:00-12:00, etc. The rest as noted is manica Exai palette/Draft beautiful madness.

In some ways this reminds me of a contemporary Ae take on a sidelong style Tangerine Dream composition from the mid 70s (Phaedra, Rubycon, etc.) Goes through several sections. Melody from 9:00-12:00, etc. The rest as noted is manica Exai palette/Draft beautiful madness.

I've always thought of Autechre as an extension of 70s psychedelic/kosmische music like Cluster, Harmonia, Tangerine Dream etc.

• 3 weeks later...