IGNORED

Jazz Pianist Vijay Iyer Reviews Tomorrow's Harvest

Nebraska

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way. He can fuck off. "Eros"? Give me a break. Don't get me wrong: it's a good album but it's not without its problems. It's just that he's wrong about what it is.

wait, so does he like mhtrtc? he starts off with a bunch of horseshit about how it's the aural equivalent of a cloud or someshit and then ends the review by saying boc have lost something because they aren't like they used to be. also lol at eros. what a douche.

lol fuck this guy, wow

If the way to listen to what was once called “intelligent” dance music is to imagine ourselves moving to it, I found my imagined self going shopping. Early BoC is carefully, cleanly distressed; each album is like a whole floor of Urban Outfitters.

:cerious: ....

The playful nihilism of the early years, that winning formula that made BoC the electronica equivalent of Johnny Depp, so endearingly blank that everyone liked them, has seemingly given way to some grim self-seriousness and dreary melodrama. Maybe they could hire a sassy young intern to click and drag files around for them, update their Facebook page, keep the work atmosphere a little more fun and alive? Or maybe they could just break the formula a little and actually sing a song, strum some guitar, make an actual chase sequence, hire some blazing virtuoso drummer to light a fire under them, or something.

:wtf:

lol fuck this guy, wow

If the way to listen to what was once called “intelligent” dance music is to imagine ourselves moving to it, I found my imagined self going shopping. Early BoC is carefully, cleanly distressed; each album is like a whole floor of Urban Outfitters.

:cerious: ....

The playful nihilism of the early years, that winning formula that made BoC the electronica equivalent of Johnny Depp, so endearingly blank that everyone liked them, has seemingly given way to some grim self-seriousness and dreary melodrama. Maybe they could hire a sassy young intern to click and drag files around for them, update their Facebook page, keep the work atmosphere a little more fun and alive? Or maybe they could just break the formula a little and actually sing a song, strum some guitar, make an actual chase sequence, hire some blazing virtuoso drummer to light a fire under them, or something.

:wtf:

Oh my

So what does this guy listen to? That track Deer posted sounds like a shitty acoustic cover of something from The Campfire Headphase with a hint of canyon.mid.

For what it's worth, I consider MHTRTC to have a murky kind of darkness that even Geogaddi doesn't touch. TH is kind of plasticky to me in fact.

edit: seriously mate, what the fuck? that's the worst piano improv i've heard in my life

lol "pretty good" aka pianist for clodplay

sounds like music in a loading screen in the sims. or what would play in the mind of a sentient toyota prius.

as a side note: every Indian male I've ever met speaks (and probably writes) the way this guy does. It is like they're all yuppies, all told how precious each of their brain farts are. Maybe it's a caste thing.

as a side note: every Indian male I've ever met speaks (and probably writes) the way this guy does. It is like they're all yuppies, all told how precious each of their brain farts are. Maybe it's a caste thing.

sort of racist, but...

this guys sucks so whatever.

lol "pretty good" aka pianist for clodplay

holy fuck. I could randomize all the notes on Reason and it would make something better than this.

sort of racist, but...

this guys sucks so whatever.

yeah but you were more harsh on his muzak than I :emotawesomepm9: so maybe it all evens out.

or maybe you just attract twats :cisfor:

I mean I just have issues with a lot that is going on with this person.

reviews flying lotus album. Uses the term "brainfeeding" in the review.

Reviewing music is stupid in my opinion anyway. Completely antiquated form of journalism. We can all listen to the music now before we buy it. What is the purpose of reviewing it in such a way?

I feel bad for being such a dick, but I still don't like it. Seems like he hits the wrong notes on more than one occasion to me as well. The only bit I like is the 6:30 part. The whole song should have revolved around that part.

Archived