IGNORED

Beats per minute

IOS

Hello,

is a thread on bpm values in Ae tracks of any interest? I remember it mentioned in the AAA megathread, particularly for the more tricky tracks.

If it is, I could be of some help. Just hit me with a request.

absolutely! this thread is long overdue

here are some recent ones I found out

known1 from Oversteps : 84bpm
deco loc from Exai: 96bpm
spl9 from exai: 144bpm
cloudline from exai: 80.5 bpm
runrepik from exai: 164bpm

my goal is to do some kind of mashup experiment of some of the more minimal AE tracks with each-other, like melodic tracks from oversteps with little beats with some of the more beat focused but not so melodic tracks from move of ten, exai and L-event

basically every track from Quaristice, Quadrange, Oversteps, Move of Ten and Exai would be amazing. Oversteps and Quaristice especially seem more tricky though

that's all I got for now 100% sure of, I'll post more as i figure them out, but yes please share. I'll think of specific song requests.

I guess the only ones i can think of for now are redfall, r ess pt2ph8 qplay and see on see

tracks like Recks on from Exai seem to have a constant tempo but at one point they seem to slightly change to a different tempo and or drift. See what I mean, it starts off at 87bpm then right in the middle around the part where it starts to sound more like a Draft track its not 87 bpm anymore even though it sounds like the same tempo

Nice nice nice, spot on and incorporated on the table below. I've done some quick measurements by ear, using a machine with one decimal digit for bpm.

Here's Oversteps:

01 r ess 120.0

02 ilanders 142.5

03 known(1) 84.0

04 pt2ph8 146.0

05 qplay 93.5

06 see on see 133.5

07 Treale 89.0

08 os veix3 102.0

09 O=0 136.3

10 d-sho qub 117.0

11 st epreo 146.3

12 redfall 136.0

13 krYlon 131.0

14 Yuop 128.0

(Edit: ah, it wouldn't let me insert a pretty html table, nevermind :))

thanks for those! I lost my copy of oversteps, re-downloaded it from soulseek and i got the same 2 fake oversteps albums in a row, haha. Can't wait to give redfall a try

Care to figure out any Move of Ten or more Exai tempos? the Move of ten tempos seem particularly hard to figure out, i got pce freeze but not any of the others.

here is one I did with Spl9 and Known1, a full on mashup. probably not the best choice of song pairings but parts of it sound pretty nice
https://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/spl9-known1

just from chucking them into Reaper and using tap tempo:

etchogon-s: 170 (very wonky though!)

y7: 141.5

pce freeze 28i: 123

rew1: 93

nth dafusederb: 117

iris was a pupil: 168 / 84

no border: 131.5

M62: 144.3

ylm0: 150 / 75

cep puiqmx: 115.36 (bit of a tough one)

thanks modey, im going to give those a shot right now. So far I've got pretty good results which I'll share soon. Would also be really fun to do an ultra long mega quaristice mix with all the versions stitched together with every song seamlessly beat matched and partially mashed up.

holy shit etchogon-s goes extremely well with fol4

It's been a while since I've properly listened to Quaristice, but I seem to remember some tracks containing elements of other tracks. I wonder if there's a way to stitch them together so it all flows like a liveset? Just off the top of my head, I remember chenc9 sounding like it could go into fol3 or fol4..

• 3 weeks later...

yuop one is ffressshhh

see on see, i'm not sure but it does sound pretty lush at that lower pitch! Would actually be pretty great with a chillwave beat or something, haha

Archived