IGNORED

I want your sound

blgnse

Hi!

Ok, gonna go out on a limb here. The AAA and some posts through the years, especially things like:

marf, on 06 Nov 2013 - 6:44 PM, said:

have you guys noticed how little music seems to come out of these synth forum enthusiasts? like a guy with 30 grand in serge modules doesn't seem to make any music.

Got me thinkin, or ive been thinkin about it for years (i am a looong time lurker).

What if i ask WATMMers for their sounds/softwaresynthbuilds etc.?

I luv making music, but never been fond of tweaking, building, technical stuff, i just jump right in and jam... And pay the price, some awful sounding stuffs. I guess there is some kind of death penalty for this behaviour here, probably asking for your hard worked sounds as well... But im throwin it out here anyway, duck n cover.

Of course you would be credited as sound designer or something, also under name of choice if you think its ok to do so, but wont stand for the music i make. Will post links to existing material if someone is interested, dont wanna be blamed for blatantly pushing for their music as well. :)

Hope i dont offend anyone, i have understood that many here are very technically interested n stuff, which i respect and is a bit jealous of, dont wanna come of as lazy bugger disrespecting hardwork.

Also, im obviously blabbering away here...Also aint got no money or nothing, so, short version: anyone up for donating sounds?

I don't store a library folder called "chim's fucking sound", where I just dive in and grab a bunch of stuff whenever I want to make a tune. I use what I know and have learnt, over an arduous process spanning several years, to let it come naturally as I twiddle the knobs of the tools I like and understand.

And even if I had such a folder, I think most would agree with me when I say that it wouldn't be fun for either you or me. It's all about the journey, brah.

I don't even understand why you'd want our sounds to begin with. It'd make more sense if you were asking Avicii, Skrillex or someone like Max Martin the same thing.

Fair enough chim.

Legowelt obvioulsy had a couple of fuckin sound folders lying around...

Why in hell would that skrillex,avicii bit make more sense except for obvious sarcastic snarl? I DO hope your years of gearexplorations has led to something more worthwile than that.

Fair enough chim.

Legowelt obvioulsy had a couple of fuckin sound folders lying around...

Why in hell would that skrillex,avicii bit make more sense except for obvious sarcastic snarl? I DO hope your years of gearexplorations has led to something more worthwile than that.

Legowelt actually makes samples you can download, and is quite an accomplished producer/synth worker IMO... but yeah, most producers, even the big guys use a sound or drum hit from a pack here or there or some stock snare from whatever DAW... but that's beside the point

Make your own sound and learn to put all you have into what you know to produce what YOU want to hear. If you don't know how to do that, keep learning, and for that matter, never stop learning when it comes to your sound and the sound of others. Your songs will be boring as fuck is you use other peoples sounds without at least learning how to sample things to mold your own sound (i.e. RJD2 type schtuff) and even then, the soul comes from the pink fleshy thing making the music..

It's not the paint, surfboard, sneakers, camera, computer, synth ect. - It's the person who spent their time and devoted their energy along with some talent that you want to emulate.

Audioblysk i do count samples as sounds though :) maybe should have asked if people had samplepacks of cool sounds they had accomplished.

Look i know this was kind of a stupid and or sensitive question to begin with, didnt mean to come off as either lazy ripper or disrespectful to your craft. I just think there are people out there waaay better than me, i respect and am impressed with the work some people put in their sounds, its beautiful and of course part of the creative process.

Its just that, hmm... hard to explain, ive been making music for 20 years in different constellations and maybe come at it from another angle, i do understand that knobtwiddling/sounddesign i a part of the composition in here, its the reason i wrote here, and it is! Im just not that interested in that part for some reason and am not looking for beginners tips, find your way and so on, dont wanna come of as a poumpos ass either, but soon unavoidable i guess :)

Maybe its more like a collab with a sounddesigner, although with diminishin returns i guess... I do know a couple of guys that never get past the programming n stuff, never make tunes, guess im the opposite :)

Ugh, I think it's perfectly fine to use sounds made by other people as long as they're cool with it and you're using them to create something new.

I mean, where do you draw the line? Is using instruments boring, too? Do you have to create your own instrument?

Sounds recorded from nature are not really your own either.

Audioblysk i do count samples as sounds though :) maybe should have asked if people had samplepacks of cool sounds they had accomplished.

Look i know this was kind of a stupid and or sensitive question to begin with, didnt mean to come off as either lazy ripper or disrespectful to your craft. I just think there are people out there waaay better than me, i respect and am impressed with the work some people put in their sounds, its beautiful and of course part of the creative process.

Its just that, hmm... hard to explain, ive been making music for 20 years in different constellations and maybe come at it from another angle, i do understand that knobtwiddling/sounddesign i a part of the composition in here, its the reason i wrote here, and it is! Im just not that interested in that part for some reason and am not looking for beginners tips, find your way and so on, dont wanna come of as a poumpos ass either, but soon unavoidable i guess :)

Maybe its more like a collab with a sounddesigner, although with diminishin returns i guess... I do know a couple of guys that never get past the programming n stuff, never make tunes, guess im the opposite :)

why dont you just write it in general midi (write that shit furiously and copiously) and find a collaboration partner who knows how to mix and arrange?

cause, it's in the mix really. the sounds wont help you if you dont know how to mix and arrange.

sounds from nature aren't yours, neither are the CVs in your synth or the vibrations from your guitar. you're just a curator with good taste. nothing wrong with sample packs, it's just sometimes hard to make something that's expressly yours with preassembled bits that are expressly others'

by all means there are probably a million sample packs on the pirate bay or whatever. just download some and hunt through and see what inspires you

Skibby, thats a pretty good idea! Will be taken into consideration. :)

Joew, nah... This was more of an idea, maybe not completly thoughtout, to contact people that love electronic music and make stuff that might matter. Id know it when i hear it, Maybe something more in the line of the presets Mark Fell was working on for native instruments that fell(?!) through, coulve been sweet...

Archived