IGNORED

WATMM's tribute to Autechre

Guest Frankie5fingers

Guest Frankie5fingers

I'd like to make a tribute album to Rob and Sean to say thanks for taking so much time outta their schedules just to answer our questions (no matter how stupid some of them seemed). It really was a great gift from them and i say we return the gesture by making a tribute album.

Lets show them that WATMM love i know you all have for these guys!

-Deadline is January 18th (these are the holidays and i don't want to rush anyone that might be spending the time with family. if needed I may push it back a week or two.)

-Submissions can be sent here: Bewegungrecords@gmail.com

-the tracks can be covers or originals (if original keep it to the flavor of Autechre)

-please submit in Lossless format (.wav, .flac, etc...)

-I will be mastering the album (unless someone else would like to offer their services)

-If someone would like to make cover art that would be greatly appreciated (I suggested using Jules "Thank You" pic as the cover but if someone has a better idea id love to hear/see it).

again, lets show these guys that we appreciate what they did for us!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to do something unusual, do the covers have to be true AE style? I would do something more electroacoustic for this special tribute.

Waiting for the Gantz Graf and Perlence Subrange 6-36 covers.

This seems awesome but kind of terrifying also. IDK if I have anywhere near the needed skill set to cover an Autechre track.

This seems awesome but kind of terrifying also. IDK if I have anywhere near the needed skill set to cover an Autechre track.

This is electronic music, i don't think we should be ashamed to do simplified versions of something, this is how it all started. If anything, technical virtuosity should be avoided.

This is electronic music, i don't think we should be ashamed to do simplified versions of something, this is how it all started. If anything, technical virtuosity should be avoided.

Yeah, I know. But every track I try to listen to if I could cover feels like

seinfeld-gif.gif

Anyway, maybe something from Confield.. I'll try a few things and see if I can come up with something worthwhile.

Guest Frankie5fingers

which pic is that (Jules "thank you")?

Nice idea, I might collaborate, idk

this one,

2gsg3dv.jpg

buts thats just my suggestion. if someone wants to do a different one PM me about to talk details. would also love to hear thoughts on an album title.

I don't think people should try and emulate the ae style really. But I'm not involved so idgaf watevs

I would love to do something unusual, do the covers have to be true AE style? I would do something more electroacoustic for this special tribute.

what i mean is no pop love ballads telling them how much you wanna bang em. just try to keep the tracks in the realm of a typical Autechre track (yeah i know they really arent typical) but a genre that would sound like it would be on one of their releases.

and like others have said, you dont have to sound like them. think of it this way, this is us showing them how big of an influence they've had on all our music.

I'll give it a shot, but I'll try to make a little something I imagine they'd appreciate, there's no way I'll try to emulate their sound.

I don't think people should try and emulate the ae style really. But I'm not involved so idgaf watevs

Yeah agree with obel here, it should just be original tracks right? i have a couple with just a one string banjo held together with tape & my mate playing a broken recorder, would this b alright? is mp3 format ok?

I'm in, of course. Kinda tempted to attempt a perfect reconstruction/study of one of their tracks. Would be pretty difficult though. Maybe I could build upon my fold4,wrap5 deconstruction, zole.

Archived