IGNORED

WATMM's tribute to Autechre

Guest Frankie5fingers

i hope if people are going to do AE -esque tracks they don't rely too much on their old Arovaned into the ground style already. Really curious to hear stuff inspired by Quaristice, Untilted, and Exai, a little less so Oversteps and not really at all anything before Draft because i feel like those eras of Autechre have been well covered by hundreds of musicians already.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-If someone would like to make cover art that would be greatly appreciated (I suggested using Jules "Thank You" pic as the cover but if someone has a better idea id love to hear/see it).

If you're in for me doing something (instead of Jules' clever pixels, or something bullwalletsy), I'd be up for it.

Guest Frankie5fingers

i hope if people are going to do AE -esque tracks they don't rely too much on their old Arovaned into the ground style already. Really curious to hear stuff inspired by Quaristice, Untilted, and Exai, a little less so Oversteps and not really at all anything before Draft because i feel like those eras of Autechre have been well covered by hundreds of musicians already.

im not sure, i mean i totally get where you're coming from. but this is an album for us to tell Rob and Sean how much their music has inspired and influenced us. if someone was really inspired by something from back in the day then i think they should go ahead.

what i think would be really interesting is if someone did a track that emulated how Autechre's sound progressed over all these years.

also, i wanna say that I forgot to mention that remixes are fine too. just in case some of you didnt think that was ok or were confused.

-If someone would like to make cover art that would be greatly appreciated (I suggested using Jules "Thank You" pic as the cover but if someone has a better idea id love to hear/see it).

If you're in for me doing something (instead of Jules' clever pixels, or something bullwalletsy), I'd be up for it.

PM me

I actually have an Oversteps/Move of Ten inspired track already made; it's much more simple and probably far too long but it's a start..

Guest Rulohead32

which pic is that (Jules "thank you")?

Nice idea, I might collaborate, idk

this one,

2gsg3dv.jpg

buts thats just my suggestion. if someone wants to do a different one PM me about to talk details. would also love to hear thoughts on an album title.

I don't think people should try and emulate the ae style really. But I'm not involved so idgaf watevs

I would love to do something unusual, do the covers have to be true AE style? I would do something more electroacoustic for this special tribute.

what i mean is no pop love ballads telling them how much you wanna bang em. just try to keep the tracks in the realm of a typical Autechre track (yeah i know they really arent typical) but a genre that would sound like it would be on one of their releases.

and like others have said, you dont have to sound like them. think of it this way, this is us showing them how big of an influence they've had on all our music.

Ok, and who is Jules and why he did that pic?

we already did quaristice

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/67177-quarice-gits/

I'm still only 51 pages through reading the shindig with Rob and Sean but that's been great and I'm definitely keen to submit something to this - finally break my contribution to WATMM compilations duck.

I'm down with the idea that a lot of the older style AE has been aped so many times but another part of me wants to indulge myself. I'm almost tempted to try and marry the two and do a cover of Oval Moon in the style of Draft/Untilted/Quari. Hmmm... or maybe I should just go balls out and try and do Surripere.

I'm almost tempted to try and marry the two and do a cover of Oval Moon in the style of Draft/Untilted/Quari.

oh, great idea! Old tracks in the style of new tracks, or vice versa

modey, on 09 Nov 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

jeyemusik, on 09 Nov 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

I'm almost tempted to try and marry the two and do a cover of Oval Moon in the style of Draft/Untilted/Quari.

oh, great idea! Old tracks in the style of new tracks, or vice versa

a cover of oval moon in the style of pink moon.

would it be ok to submit a post-rock cover of one of their tracks? I've been sitting on an unfinished cover for a few years now; would give me a good excuse to finish it..

Just an cover idea- I made a 7 second loop from an Autechre track and let it analyze for the whole duration. The peaks and drumhits created a fractal output, banned on HD-movie format data and later exported into PNG.

The picture attached is nothing than one second of an Autechre track, condensed into a fractal gritty picture interpretation.

Just my 5 cents.

post-10805-0-45816000-1383990478_thumb.png

Archived