IGNORED

WATMM's tribute to Autechre

Guest Frankie5fingers

I'm in, cool idea,

I already did a remix of 'second bad vilbel' ages ago using amiga 500, sampler and 4 channel tracker :-)

AWESOME

nah, it wasn't but it was listenable and I enjoyed doing it,

looking forward to hear eveyone's remixes...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just trying to make a track as though I was Autechre, but I've reached a bit of a crossroads on how to complete it. I know how I'D complete it, but that would be straying from the concept. WWAeD? I feel like I need Max MSP to bring it to its logical conclusion... but there's no way I'm mastering that program before the 18th lol.

I'm just trying to make a track as though I was Autechre, but I've reached a bit of a crossroads on how to complete it. I know how I'D complete it, but that would be straying from the concept. WWAeD? I feel like I need Max MSP to bring it to its logical conclusion... but there's no way I'm mastering that program before the 18th lol.

It's funny cause that's the kind of thing I figure Ae wouldn't ever do, worrying about how would someone else do a track. Quite the paradox

I finally made a start on mine today. Figured out the chords for Oval Moon, struggled with getting the melody quite right. Figured out the chords to Qplay. Started figuring out the chords in Irlite (get 0). Realised that I can't quite decide which to go for and a straight forward cover isn't going to work for me. So, I'll probably end up transposing some of the different chords and coming up with something vaguely based on all 3 songs that I then go and compose elements to somehow tie it all together.

Just under 3 weeks to avoid disaster.....

It's funny cause that's the kind of thing I figure Ae wouldn't ever do, worrying about how would someone else do a track. Quite the paradox

It's not something I've ever done, which is why I'm taking the opportunity to do it. The concept of the track isn't to use the Ae ethos to make a track, it's to literally make a track that sounds like Ae. No paradox here.

The question is - Why do you feel you need Max to complete it, is there something that's lacking in your DAW that would require the additional bit of software ?

There's no plug-in that I use that's really conducive to making generative music, which is something I believe Max MSP is good for... though I may be mistaken. It seems like that's a pretty major compositional tool for them, so it would be quite useful here. It is really strange trying to make a track as though it were another artist's.... makes me feel kind of weird actually, but it's an interesting experiment. And I'm going to see this through to the end damn it.

Guest Frankie5fingers

just wanna give an update.

the tracks so far have been really good and i'd like to get more. There's two more weeks till the submission deadline. so how are peoples tracks coming along?

just wanna give an update.

the tracks so far have been really good and i'd like to get more. There's two more weeks till the submission deadline. so how are peoples tracks coming along?

I'm done, will send you the updated track later today.

Not sure if I can do my version as well. I try but I have to send my controller back coming week- so mixing will be difficult. I try nonetheless.

Good luck, Limpy!

I'm pretty much lolling at my own attempts at this point. :crazy::cisfor:

Hey thanks!

Alright, almost done. Just gotta add the melodic bits at the end. Oh, and female vocals.

P.S. you can do it, moks. Give it your best go.

Guest Frankie5fingers

once more, we should totally call this 'autechre thx' it would be so heartfelt and amazing <3

plus, i thought of it. so it's got my vote!

haha, k. ill mark you down for Autechre Thx.

that in mind, if anyone would like to submit ideas for a title lets hear em.

I'll be skipping this. I've just managed to make a terrible parody of bladelores. :cerious:

But I got some ideas while working on it, so it's not all lost.

Archived