IGNORED

Sinister movie

Kavinsky

Just watching the creepy as hell movie called "Sinister" and now there is a scene where Ethan Hawk
goes Crazy and Gyroscope is playing very loud. I´m like holy shit !

movie has a lot of Geoggadi vibe , weird vocals, symbolism and super 8 footage from families in the 60´s.
which are sadly dieing.

i hope its worth a Topic...

Yeah, this film had potential, but it seemed to steadily go overboard with the camp. Glad to hear BOC in the theater, though (I saw it a while ago). The problem was, some lady brought her two littlest, tiniest babies (one was about 4 and the other was about 5), and I found it highly distracting, since I kept thinking "What the fuck, lady?!"

Yeah, this film had potential, but it seemed to steadily go overboard with the camp. Glad to hear BOC in the theater, though (I saw it a while ago). The problem was, some lady brought her two littlest, tiniest babies (one was about 4 and the other was about 5), and I found it highly distracting, since I kept thinking "What the fuck, lady?!"

Seriously? She brought young children to a horror movie? And the theatre let her in with them?

Seriously? She brought young children to a horror movie? And the theatre let her in with them?

For real. Now, I know that people have judged me, since I allowed our ten year old son to watch some horror movies back in the day. Shit, I used to love the hell out of cheesy 80s sci-fi horror when I was 8 or so. But these kids clearly did not want to be there, and some of those images in "Sinister" are way more fucked than the goofy shit in "Critters" or whatever.

For real. Now, I know that people have judged me, since I allowed our ten year old son to watch some horror movies back in the day. Shit, I used to love the hell out of cheesy 80s sci-fi horror when I was 8 or so. But these kids clearly did not want to be there, and some of those images in "Sinister" are way more fucked than the goofy shit in "Critters" or whatever.

Yeah, me too - I was reading Stephen King at 11, but I think the kid's maturity level is a big factor - but 4 or 5 years old? Nope.

music was so much better than the movie itself. I heard it has Burzum and a bunch of even more obscure black metal on it too

yeah a lot of weird satanic drone stuff which was really good !

Does the director choose the music, sound ? or do they have some special people behind this?

and do they have do ask Warp or Boc ?

when i was about 6 years old my mom took me to watch damien: omen 2 at the odeon theater in london. she was advised not to take me in but she insisted because i loved horror movies.

30min into the film we were on our way out as i was basically having a living nightmare

Wow, I was interested in seeing this, actually looked creepy and compelling (especially the ancient demonic vibe). I'll have to check it out.

music was so much better than the movie itself. I heard it has Burzum and a bunch of even more obscure black metal on it too

Dude, I'm actually shocked - it has a lot of Aghast, that's pretty fucking kvlt - very eerie dark ambient group with connections to the BM scene...Tania and Andrea were both married/partners/whatevs with Samoth and Fenriz at one point. In fact I believe they used Fenriz' Juno synth. I've actually talked to another WATMMer about this album (they had an Aghast avatar), I was fascinated by it a couple years ago. They were deliberately invoking pagan lore and witchcraft in the music. Mention Coil and Current 93 as influences here.

Oh man, looking at lastfm's description, guess their album found it's way in hollywood circles (lol Megan Fox name-checked it). That's actually cool that an actual scary and deliberately sinister music is being used instead of studio FX. It seems Andrea revived the name and is making new music in the last year or so - I see two tracks are new. Interesting development!

Just watching the creepy as hell movie called "Sinister" and now there is a scene where Ethan Hawk
goes Crazy and Gyroscope is playing very loud. I´m like holy shit !

That's awesome. Another BM connection there, Gyroscope was used in the documentary "Until The Light Takes Us" (45:25) to reinforce the rather surreal mood of that scene.

http://youtu.be/HkRWNWD1nTM

Well, they didn't really have a decent manuscript or a scary boogeyman, but other than that, yes... it could have been something. The super 8 films were pretty disturbing, and it had a creepy vibe going for a while. Letting 5 year old kids watch that stuff is pretty fucked up.

• 3 weeks later...

Gyroscope was absolutely perfect for the end credits, but it felt a little out of place for the scene it was used for in the film.

• 1 year later...

Archived