IGNORED

do you think this is racism?

Ivan Ooze

just start wearing these and there's no race anymore

burka.jpg

the cartoon has some stereotypes, but none of them get more time over the other. yeh, the black (excuse me african-american) stereotype gets an anvil on it's head. maybe the director wanted to squash stereotypes.

i mean, it's all easy focusing on the stereotypes. the real trickster, of course, is the magician. he is the failed artist that can't get a job because herr direkotor didn't wan't to give him a spot.

this story sounds familiar somehow.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just on the elevator with this huge white dude. Upon inspection he worked for "China Garden" and was delivering food in my building. Once on the elevator, he says to me "You look just like me brother."

I thought he said I look just like him, until he said, "Tall and thin, red beard, he got all tha good Irish genes, 'nd I got all tha bad ones." He was the same height as me, but weighed more than I ever have (I maxed out at 235 in highschool and dropped to around 180 for a while once I discovered my inner artist and became a vegetarian).

I said, "That's no ta real accent is it?"

He said, "Tis, I was born in the air on the way over."

What a race warrior.

I'm in love with a girl who's not white and it's really opened me up to how crazily different life is as a non-white person, even in a diverse, left-wing area. It's not that white people don't get stereotyped - we certainly do, by place of origin, job, or whatever - and that's demeaning, sure. But not as demeaning as being stereotyped for your race. When people assume they know all about you, and that you are alien and fundamentally different, because of the way you look - it can really mess with you. It can make you feel like you don't have permission to be who you really are. And that shit is fucked.

Not sure what the point of this was, I guess it's just what comes to mind when I think about race.

Archived