IGNORED

Post Punk / New Wave / etc

Berk

never been a massive punk fan (more of a Metal Head, though I guess some of my favorite metal bands were influenced by punk)

Post Punk is a different kettle of fish altogether, very interesting leftfield music imo

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

add Jah Wobble's entire discography to that, his collaborations with Holger Czukay are a tangent unto themselves

yeah always meant to discover more about jah wobble, (I'll stop posting in this thread now :dry: )

Edited by beerwolf

• 1 month later...

been listening to PIL a bit lately, their 3rd album Flowers of Romance is pretty interesting as its more electronics than guitars

great video on how goth overlapped with new wave and post-punk

been in a foul mood of late, at least on watmm

just wanted to say thanks for posting this clip up joshua, I very much enjoyed watching it, one of the best I've seen, this dudes enthusiasm and harsh criticisms are very much my cup of tea and his knowledge seems second to none, it's a bit strange having an American commentating on English culture but he does it very, very well.

Our man is Texas scores again

(Sisters of Mercy was the first band I went to see live, at Brixton Academy about 1988)

Edited by beerwolf

great video on how goth overlapped with new wave and post-punk

been in a foul mood of late, at least on watmm

just wanted to say thanks for posting this clip up joshua, I very much enjoyed watching it, one of the best I've seen, this dudes enthusiasm and harsh criticisms are very much my cup of tea and his knowledge seems second to none, it's a bit strange having an American commentating on English culture but he does it very, very well.

Our man is Texas scores again

(Sisters of Mercy was the first band I went to see live, at Brixton Academy about 1988)

man I'm drinking too much, I just checked it was Brixton Academy 1993, fucking 1988 lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...