IGNORED

Aphex Twin Special

Herr Jan

Dunno if someone is interested but a (Dutch) radio collective I've been following since their inception has a 2hour afx special.

http://www.mixcloud.com/benedenNAP/075-beneden-nap-15-november-aphex-twin-special/

In the description they mention that the special is becausae of Warp reissuing his albums (which, or when, isn't said, I hope they don't mean the ICBYD and RDJ album that were rereleased on vinyl months ago). Also a fun fact, they mention watmm as the first Aphex-related links. Hurray!

Edit: In the show they mention that Warp will rerelease pretty much ALL of his albums and of course mention the possibility of a new Aphex album (can't be long now!).

Btw, the collective has weekly shows with all the new electronic releases and already made specials about Kraftwerk, Clock DVA, Boards of Canada and Coil.

Probably the most solid announcement we've had since this:

“We’re definitely going to be putting out a new album by him. Hopefully it will be this year, if I can prise it out of his hands. It’s definitely on its way.”

Steve Beckett, founder Warp Records - 2009

:facepalm:

"and of course mention the possibility of a new Aphex album"

what credibility do they have though?

if there is indeed new afx on the way, why would some dutch radio station know about it first? lol

if there is indeed new afx on the way, why would some dutch radio station know about it first? lol

You're right, they have none. The new album is just 100% speculation on their part, the only thing they mentioned as a fact were the 'upcoming' Warp rereleases. I'll send them a message how they are the only ones noticing this and if they just don't mean the ICBYD/RDJ album represses (or the SAW 85-92 repress, but that's not even Warp).

The special is ok but it has some flaws, not even mentioning the Tuss, his bonus tracks on the Analords in 2009 and any other moniker besides Aphex/afx. Besides, they are describing Drukqs as a 'rushed album to beat the people who might release his tracks found on a laptop he lost'

You're right, they have none. The new album is just 100% speculation on their part, the only thing they mentioned as a fact were the 'upcoming' Warp rereleases. I'll send them a message how they are the only ones noticing this and if they just don't mean the ICBYD/RDJ album represses (or the SAW 85-92 repress, but that's not even Warp).

The special is ok but it has some flaws, not even mentioning the Tuss, his bonus tracks on the Analords in 2009 and any other moniker besides Aphex/afx. Besides, they are describing Drukqs as a 'rushed album to beat the people who might release his tracks found on a laptop he lost'

Oh god, not that old trope again...

Richard did NOT lose any of his music on a plane, on a MP3 player, or a laptop - DrukQs wasn't rushed at all, either. If anything, DrukQs was delayed by almost 2 years since it was supposed to be the album followup to Windowlicker, which Richard was paid an advance for, and Richard being the perfectionist he is, worked on it until he felt it was ready to be released - that, and rumoured pressure from Warner Bros. due to the advance and the promise of an album followup to Windowlicker in '99.

Got a message back from the radiomakers, they say that they heard through Warp and Rush Hour that the reissues "started a few weeks back with the SAW II vinyl". What? Haven't heard anything about that, except for the 1972 bootleg from last year, which was the one I saw in a shop a few weeks ago. And if they mean the SAW 85-92 reissue then that's even a bigger fuck up, that's not even Warp. So yeah, I'll say disregard for now!

Archived