IGNORED

Lets bitch about Google

goDel

h7Mpdq4.gif

This is a thread to bitch about Google. Why? Because that baby is right! That's why!

If you want to spill your beans, do it here. So googel can search it up and possibly learn a thing or to.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its amazing that theres a company who has figured out how to give everyone what they want for free, and still manages to make lots of money.

google's revenues are so huge, the taxes they pay is enough to operate all of the municipalities in the united states and eastern europe combined.

Guest bitroast

it's insanity.

they're destroying youtube update by update. it's impossible to watch a video on my end in full screen without it spazzing out and restarting the video or something. and it'll constantly get confused and try and change resolution without me pressing anything.

its amazing that theres a company who has figured out how to give everyone what they want for free, and still manages to make lots of money.

google's revenues are so huge, the taxes they pay is enough to operate all of the municipalities in the united states and eastern europe combined.

yeah it would be if they weren't so damn good at avoiding paying tax. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20560359 BASTARDS!!!

Also, its not hard to figure out new things, i mean i understand if my mom has trouble with a new layout but "experienced internet users" should be able to figure everything out after a few minutes, its not that hard.

people are afraid of anything new i guess.

I'd rather google bitches than bitch about Google.

HOLLA!

:facepalm:

but mostly

:cisfor:

I'm on the fence about them. This whole Google + implementation is heavy-handed but I still find Apple and it's apologists far more despicable and annoying.

Part of my temptation to hate on Google + push is mostly my personal annoyance that the often hilarious and absurd upvote results in youtube video comments have been replaced by Google+ douchebags voting on each others comments.

All those... lolz... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time...to sign-off.

time_to_die.gif

I need far more reasons and far more time before I start actively disliking them. Gmail is still working a-ok for me. Bit annoyed at some other updates but it's free and it's still usable so no big deal for now.

All those... lolz... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time...to sign-off.

time_to_die.gif

About signing off...

I signed out of G+ and it also signed me out of youtube and gmail.... does anyone else get that as well?

It's because we are NOT their customers! We are their product (which they sell to corporations via ads, metadata etc.)!

Yeah, Google do some dubious things but they're the best we've got. I like 'em on the whole.

Not necessarily: https://startpage.com/

I signed out of G+ and it also signed me out of youtube and gmail.... does anyone else get that as well?

I'm perpetually in gmail and they seem linked. Yep: signed out of youtube and now gmail just kicked me out. That's fucking annoying. The new "download or save to drive" feature is a bit odd but I can get used to that.

I've still avoided changing my youtube username. I'm being forced into G+ it seems. Meh. If it gets out of control, like for instance if they start shoving Google Play down my throat, I'll jump ship. I'm an odd person - I check twitter and FB daily but I don't own or want a smartphone. I can easily drop either for days or weeks. I prefer to sit and think in waiting rooms or other situations like that instead of texting or searching the web. I guess I like social media in bursts.

i'm slowly switching away from google products after all the NSA hubbub, and have lost all interest in their weirder projects like google glass, but for general innocuous searching they're still my go-to. chrome works pretty nice combined w/ ghostery and adblock, and i had something that was blocking all comments sections on websites for a while (what a beautiful place the internet is without DEAR CHRISTAINS if gode dont exists how me a doge learned english? arguments everywhere) but it seems to be gone now.

i do love that they're so (comparatively) open with all their data and let us play with graphs of trending and such :wub:

also yeah not a fan of this g+ crap everywhere. when it comes to youtube though, in their defense, that site would have flopped and went bankrupt years ago if google hadn't stepped in and bought the thing in 2006, and they've done a commendable job keeping it open and fighting against all the copyright shit that gets thrown their way; that site has got to be a legal nightmare. g+ still stinks.

i hate google kinda

possibly because my housemate just got hired by them to a annual salary and health benefits and I'm staring unemployment straight in the face

and boy he will not fucking shut up about how much they care

i hate google kinda

possibly because my housemate just got hired by them to a annual salary and health benefits and I'm staring unemployment straight in the face

and boy he will not fucking shut up about how much they care

That's partly why Apple drives me nuts. Personal gain and involvment with a company, even with great intentions/reasons can drive people to delusion and irrationality. Brand loyalty can go from harmless to scary pretty quickly.

I had to just quit a relatively polite discussion about Apple's lawsuit against Samsung with a friend of mine, who was convinced, convinced that there was nothing remotely immoral or absurd about a multi-billion dollar company patenting a fucking rectangular shaped phone as intellectual property. When I recalled he owned Apple stock I was like "yeah...this is pointless."

The way they can manipulate local and state governments for taxpayer investments is what drives me nuts above all else though. The majority of Austin citizens didn't even question the millions the city spent to get Apple to open an office here, despite that company being one of the most profitable and cash-wealthy private entities in existence. When Amazon was told to pay sales taxes they owed in Texas, the company threatened to move it's office and jobs from Dallas, so the Texas legislature and Rick Perry not only let them stay, but they passed the taxes onto the citizens of Texas! And these are the same scumbags that win elections by claiming they are "anti-tax" and "anti-government." It's maddening.

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Archived