IGNORED

Peter Christopherson - Time Machines II

kaini

My 'Time Machine II' arrived this morning... this weekend could last forever.

the case is quite heavy dont you think. i like it. what do you make of the letters on the back? a, b, c etc. does it mean anything?

Super, tactile, even smells great. The letters are perhaps a suggestion of where to put the title but no one ever got around to finalising such and they produced it as is!!

Sound quality is amazing, the cavalcade of noise on it gentle journey is mesmerizing, you can walk around in it... I get the feeling some of it is indeed unfinished, or if it is, it is very ‘punk’. Circle of life artistically for Sleazy me thinks. RIP peace love and harmony.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mrgypsum

i got mine last week - ive only scratched the surface in terms of listening to it, its such a big chunk of music.

1.aif, 2.aif, 3.aif, 4.aif, 5.aif, 6.aif, 7.aif

01. 1 12:52
02. 2 8:56
03. 3 10:25
04. 4 10:15
05. 5 12:48
06. 6 8:58
07. 7 8:26

2.34 GB (2 517 136 436 bytes)

1:12:40.292

96000 Hz

It won't have the same impact the first Time Machine did, obviously, but it's nice to be holding some of Peter's last work. The man was still dabbling in psychedelics, apparently, right until the very end. I still listen to his Threshold Houseboys Choir project from time to time, especially the Amulet edition.

Very disappointed... what is frustrating is we'll never know if this was intended to be the final version. Sounds unfinished to me. Very far from the buzzing drone of TM-1. Someone is cashing in on behalf of a dead legend.

Someone is cashing in on behalf of a dead legend.

Editing by me.

At least someone is waking up.

The whole scene around the legacy of COIL is a deep deep farce, driven into ruin by greedy people.

I really like it. But then I didn't pay £40 for it! :)

Its very different to the 1st Time Machines but I think this release actualy holds up pretty good against Coil back catalogue and I look forward to listening more.

I could actually see my self listening to this more often than 1st time machines, as much as I love that album I have to be in the mood for it and its a lay &listen all the way through kinda album for me where as this new 1 works well as background music for reading and stuff

It won't have the same impact the first Time Machine did, obviously, but it's nice to be holding some of Peter's last work. The man was still dabbling in psychedelics, apparently, right until the very end. I still listen to his Threshold Houseboys Choir project from time to time, especially the Amulet edition.

i'd love to hear the amulet edition. loved the cd. couldn't watch the dvd though. too painful

edit: just found it online!

Cool man, at least this is some finished music that he wanted to release as such. I first heard it when Peter had just died. As a result, some of the songs still sound very sad and melancholic to me. It feels like his last will in music form.

the case is quite heavy dont you think. i like it. what do you make of the letters on the back? a, b, c etc. does it mean anything?

Super, tactile, even smells great. The letters are perhaps a suggestion of where to put the title but no one ever got around to finalising such and they produced it as is!!

Sound quality is amazing, the cavalcade of noise on it gentle journey is mesmerizing, you can walk around in it... I get the feeling some of it is indeed unfinished, or if it is, it is very ‘punk’. Circle of life artistically for Sleazy me thinks. RIP peace love and harmony.

1476102_10201703870771506_534262020_n.jp

Can't tell you more but I did find this. What could it be?

I didn't buy this release (for reasons already mentioned) and I still haven't heard more then a few tracks from youtube, let's hear this again now. I really, really like the first track and I thought it was just a snippet on youtube but apparently this is the whole thing? Or was that before the 'glitch' was fixed?

1476102_10201703870771506_534262020_n.jp

Can't tell you more but I did find this. What could it be?

I didn't buy this release (for reasons already mentioned) and I still haven't heard more then a few tracks from youtube, let's hear this again now. I really, really like the first track and I thought it was just a snippet on youtube but apparently this is the whole thing? Or was that before the 'glitch' was fixed?

what a strange device. the first track is over 12 minutes long

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old point of discussion but...

Unreleased Sleazy music – Live At L' Etrange Festival 2004 - The Art Of Mirrors (Homage To Derek Jarman) – this is just an audience recorded bootleg - but surely these files are on an archive or hard drive somewhere??? ...and what else too???

Something, something...

Archived