IGNORED

New video I just finished for Semena Mertvykh

Guest Dogboy73

Guest Dogboy73

There are some details about the video on the YouTube page. All the images are from Pripyat, Ukraine (site of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster). All the images were sourced from Google. The images were put together in Windows Movie Maker Live, exported and manipulated some more in Serif's free video editor. The files were then dumped onto an iPhone and processed in a cool little app called 8mm. Several versions were processed and then put back into Serif for editing and to add the audio track. All done with free software or Apps costing a few bucks. It's an austerity video!! :-/

Uhm, sorry, but i think the editing conflicts with the music in the sense that it really disturbs the listening experience. The editing is way too fast for the music, imo. The video material is very promising though. It's just the editing which annoys the crap out of me.

Again sorry for being so dickishly straightforward about it.

Guest Dogboy73

The WMM video aging effect is horrible.

Does WMM have an aging effect? I didn't know about that. I used an iOS app called 8mm. Not the best effect but pretty handy for an app costing a few bucks.

Guest Dogboy73

Uhm, sorry, but i think the editing conflicts with the music in the sense that it really disturbs the listening experience. The editing is way too fast for the music, imo. The video material is very promising though. It's just the editing which annoys the crap out of me.

Again sorry for being so dickishly straightforward about it.

Thanks for the feedback ;-) I did originally have less images, each playing for longer. But I'd thought it was a bit too slow like this so I added more! I guess we all have to call it as we each individually see it ;-)

Guest Dogboy73

fair enough! ;D

Hairy Muff!!

Were you disturbed enough to notice the track was backwards?

I think it sounds as good/dark/engaging backwards as it is forwards.

Bit of a cliche for a lot of BoC's beatless stuff. But here I think it works for sure.

(plus it gets you past PooTubes stringent track scanning scheme).

No, i was way too disturbed.(+plus, havent listened to th for quite a while) The visuals suggested some kind of rhythm which shouldn't have been there. I understand your problem though: you had no moving film. Only pictures. So the movement had to be fabricated somehow. And that doesn't seem like some trivial thing to do. I'm not a graphical artist in any sense though.

If your source material weren't stills but moving pictures, the clip would have been completely different.

Guest Dogboy73

So the movement had to be fabricated somehow. And that doesn't seem like some trivial thing to do. I'm not a graphical artist in any sense though.

If your source material weren't stills but moving pictures, the clip would have been completely different.

It's quite easy to add the movement/animation in Movie Maker. That's one of the things it does that okay. Most of the effects & transitions are cheesy as they come!

Archived