IGNORED

Bibio - The Green EP

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My copy came two days ago in the mail. For anyone who's thinking about getting a physical copy, it's really nice. It is a see-through green color:

1622720_568187536606662_1929370979_n.jpg

Have not yet heard this, but played Ambivalence Avenue this morning for the first time in a while. That album was his mission statement more or less, but there was still that restraint present that I love about his work (was lacking a bit in Mind Bokeh). I need to get around to grabbing this new one.

I liked that live version of "Dye the Water Green". I liked all those "sessions" versions of the tracks from "Silver Wilkinson".

BIBIO/BOC WORLD TOUR 2014! Please!

I will beg if necessary. Keep me posted if this is a consideration, Warp. Thanks, bye.

Japanese CD is proper sexy, stiff card sleeve and everything. Not heard 'Vera' yet though. Wonder if he'll ever get round to releasing 'Gladys', 'Doreen' or 'Mavis'?

n.b. The cheeky little guitar riff that crops up after the four-minute mark on 'A Thousand Syllables' is boner-enticing.

Japanese CD is proper sexy, stiff card sleeve and everything. Not heard 'Vera' yet though. Wonder if he'll ever get round to releasing 'Gladys', 'Doreen' or 'Mavis'?

n.b. The cheeky little guitar riff that crops up after the four-minute mark on 'A Thousand Syllables' is boner-enticing.

What are these unreleased choons you speak of?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

This EP has good tracks on it.

It sort of feels like the least cohesive thing he has released. Doesn't help that first track is already on album, or that all his other EPs sound super tight and cohesive. Oh well, no biggy, the music is still good on it!

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

that live version was lovely till the saxophone started up. ugh.

anyway this ep is great as was the last album. I'd go see bibio live.

Archived