IGNORED

Cold, sterile, inhuman music

hoggy

Because emptiness and depression not a human emotions, of course. Only happy funky things.

He did say "etc." All I did was quote it. I listen to plenty of depressing and dark music.

all sound/music organized by a human mind is inherently human because it possess intent.

You know what he's getting at. If we go along with what you're saying, while all sound organized by a human is technically "human", we're still capable of suppressing feeling.

Anyways, I'd argue, on a figurative level, that so much of blatantly experimental music is pre-meditated to the point that it no longer has any "human feel", or identifiable emotion. That Hecker track I posted is maybe the most vapid thing I've ever heard. It's just a showcase for sound effects. These guys are going out of their way to avoid having any rhythm, atmosphere, feeling, etc in their creations. It's like their trying to replicate the sterility of a dentist's office or something. Pointless if you ask me. Never met anyone who likes going there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like their trying to replicate the sterility of a dentist's office or something.

Vaporwave

Wasn't referring to music played in a dentist's office, if that's what you're implying by vaporwave. But still:

vs

...trying to replicate the sterility of a dentist's office or something. Pointless if you ask me. Never met anyone who likes going there.

I do actually :wacko: I get a bit giggly and euphoric, especially if the dentist is nice and I get an injection

uhh...

...trying to replicate the sterility of a dentist's office or something. Pointless if you ask me. Never met anyone who likes going there.

I do actually :wacko: I get a bit giggly and euphoric, especially if the dentist is nice and I get an injection

uhh...

oh so you like cold sterile inhuman things then

on2u

Maybe what puzzles me is music that leaves no trace of it's maker's personality or emotions (maybe it all does, but sometimes rather than a personal trace, it's an abstract dispassionate theory)

I'm realising that it's very difficult to really draw the line though

Maybe it's better to be open to everything and look for what is good in it, maybe it's better to trust your instincts about what you believe is good and bad. Not sure. If you're open to everything it can make it easier to relate to more people, but I hate to feel like I'm lying if I'm not really into something.

I'm just as puzzled as I was at the beginning - I suppose I was hoping to find people who really enthuse about cerebral passionless music, so I could learn to understand it better, but maybe I'll never understand. I guess it's just up to me to listen and listen and see if I can put myself in the frame of mind to appreciate it

I like this track a lot, as cold and sterile as it may be, it has tons of rhythm, and the sounds are unique and very textured... I find challenging listens rewarding in that they often times expand perceptions on just what is considered musical.

Guest The Epilektrician

Hmmm. For the most zero-content music I ever heard and have in my collection perhaps giving the Music For The Hashishins LP by Vagina Dentata Organ a spin. It's around fifty minutes of a sample of an attack dog from the second Psychic TV record. Side A is Trained To Kill, side B is Sexual - there is little difference between the two because this is conceptual music. Yeah, so. It's probably on y00t00b, can't look it up due to restrictions at work.

Archived