• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy shit. probably gonna get this.

what is the total length of this?

If you're wondering at the length of this compilation - It's a little over 11 hours (11:12:12)

£6 for 11 hours of loveliness ....

Guest mrgypsum

i finally got around to getting this, i think the last time something like this came around was the icasea comp. i love when artists do this and will fully support this cause.

Definitely getting this.

Macmillan are a great charity too, my Dad passed away due to cancer last year and with the support of Macmillan and the visiting nhs services he was able to spend his last months at home rather than in a hospital ward. He was in his 80s and hated being in hospital so this made his last days much more bearable.

Anyone know where the sample is from on emptywhale's Jesus Calls a Meeting ?

Now reached 'L' - This compilation.... this compilation is just something else - It's just so bloody good/

Just dabble into them from now till the end of this mortal existence.

But ones I've liked so far (only half way through - well to 'L'):

(ghost) - Putting words into my mouth

Am Boy - Breaking Records

Antonymes - Snow on Snow (a cover fit for one of our WATMM Christmas comps!)

Blamstrain - Touched (Possibly my favourite track at the mo from what I've heard)

Cali May - Celtic Varnish

Chris Weeks - Lagoon (like a track I'd make if I were still actually bother to make music)

Christ. - Nancy and the Winter Sky (very reminiscent of his Metamorphic reproduction miracle era stuff)

Datasette - BX88 Space Yacht

Digitonal - A Distant Thought

emptywhale - Jesus Calls A Meeting

Fil OK - Parasympathetic (really, really reminds me of a cubus thing we did in the early 00s called

Free Movement Excercise )

FSOL - Lizzard Crawl

George Sarah - Anna

Goldmund - 25 thousand miles (Julien Neto Remix)

Goto80 - Babybaby Dubub

irma - Kodben

Ishq - Being Their (Original Mix)

Little Eris - Do What You Want to Do (the singing is soooo far off, it somehow ends up completely working again)

(ps I don't think it's been mentioned that 'our very own' Jonas The Plugexpert has made an appearance on here)

I find 123 tracks a bit overwhelming. If anyone else does too, then based on my own particular tastes (I like melodic stuff with beats and interesting production but that isn't too harsh) I narrowed it down to these 39:

10.32 - 03 Cornelius Drive
Abereiddy Astronomical Society - 07 The Outsider (Surface 10 Mix)
Am-Boy - 10 Breaking Records
Anders Ilar - 12 See You When I Get There
Arovane - 14 2cuer
Bearhead - 16 Stay
Cali May - 21 Celtic Varnish
Ciaran Byrne - 25 Malbay
Datassette - 27 BX88 Space Yacht
Derren Heath - 29 Casadastraphobia
Dunaewsky69 - 32 Destiny
eyesix - 36 Geodesic
Future Sound of London - 41 Lizzard Crawl
George Sarah - 43 Anna
Goto80 - 45 Babybaby Dubub
Imploded View - 50 The Keeping
Intricate - 51 Cambon
irma - 53 Kodben
irma & Illl - 52 Formula
Ishq - 54 Being Their (Original Mix)
James Bernard - 55 Familiarity
Jonas the Plugexpert - 58 Pus
Lackluster - 62 Hippihoppi
Logreybeam - 64 Technilogical Forgery Forgery (W Vibrane) (dedicated to the loving memory of Janice Marder)
Min-Y-Llan - 71 His-Hell (Plaid Remix)
Novel 23 - 79 Unspoken Piece
Ochre - 80 Ark of Comfort
Qemikal Flow - 90 Contemplation
Ruxpin - 93 We Become Ravens
Scyye - 94 andout.
Shamman Delly - 98 Casting Shadows Over the Sun
Soutien Gorge - 102 Repülo Mókus
Swegüno - 105 Your Questions Form a Flight of Stairs
Tom Roberts - 112 We Soar
VHS Head - 119 Walk a Crooked Path
Weldroid - 120 Evening Blinds
Z-Arc - 122 Zingcity
Overall I think my favourite track is the Novel 23 one. I've since researched some more of his stuff and it sounds awesome so far.

I find 123 tracks a bit overwhelming. If anyone else does too, then based on my own particular tastes (I like melodic stuff with beats and interesting production but that isn't too harsh) I narrowed it down to these 39:

10.32 - 03 Cornelius Drive
Abereiddy Astronomical Society - 07 The Outsider (Surface 10 Mix)
Am-Boy - 10 Breaking Records
Anders Ilar - 12 See You When I Get There
Arovane - 14 2cuer
Bearhead - 16 Stay
Cali May - 21 Celtic Varnish
Ciaran Byrne - 25 Malbay
Datassette - 27 BX88 Space Yacht
Derren Heath - 29 Casadastraphobia
Dunaewsky69 - 32 Destiny
eyesix - 36 Geodesic
Future Sound of London - 41 Lizzard Crawl
George Sarah - 43 Anna
Goto80 - 45 Babybaby Dubub
Imploded View - 50 The Keeping
Intricate - 51 Cambon
irma - 53 Kodben
irma & Illl - 52 Formula
Ishq - 54 Being Their (Original Mix)
James Bernard - 55 Familiarity
Jonas the Plugexpert - 58 Pus
Lackluster - 62 Hippihoppi
Logreybeam - 64 Technilogical Forgery Forgery (W Vibrane) (dedicated to the loving memory of Janice Marder)
Min-Y-Llan - 71 His-Hell (Plaid Remix)
Novel 23 - 79 Unspoken Piece
Ochre - 80 Ark of Comfort
Qemikal Flow - 90 Contemplation
Ruxpin - 93 We Become Ravens
Scyye - 94 andout.
Shamman Delly - 98 Casting Shadows Over the Sun
Soutien Gorge - 102 Repülo Mókus
Swegüno - 105 Your Questions Form a Flight of Stairs
Tom Roberts - 112 We Soar
VHS Head - 119 Walk a Crooked Path
Weldroid - 120 Evening Blinds
Z-Arc - 122 Zingcity
Overall I think my favourite track is the Novel 23 one. I've since researched some more of his stuff and it sounds awesome so far.

I am glad I made the cut on your list (I'm Swegüno).

lol @ the cover being so unfitting and having a lazily done text with shadow effect on it, but

Well what exactly would've been 'fitting' cover art for this: an emaciated, wheelchair-bound chemo patient messing with an MPC? (Actually I think I would've preferred that...)

BTW Goiter that's ace, not reached your track yet - How did you find out about this comp to have got involved in the first place

I heard about it through Christ.'s fb post and asked Martin Boulton (Min-Y-Llan) if I could get a track on there at the last minute. He was kind enough to fit me on. I sent him a few of my older tracks as 128 kbps mp3s (didn't have time to cook up something new) and he chose the one he liked. After that I fixed the track he chose up (mixing updates, added some flourishes here and there, etc) and sent him the wav, but I guess in the midst of sorting through all 123 tracks he ended up mastering and uploading the mp3 'demo' version for the comp unfortunately :p. So yeah, if anyone wants the version of this track (Your Questions Form a Flight of Stairs) that I am actually happy with PM me and I'll send it to you!

But overall, just happy to have been included; great comp and it has raised a lot of money for Macmillian thus far!

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing compilation. There's maybe 2 or 3 which seem really out of place on there but one I quite like so whatever. I've got my list of favourites but one track that I can't leave alone is 97 - Shadow Priest - Trapped in Amber. I can't get enough of it. Reminds me of a hungover morning at Sonar festival on my own in the sun waiting for people to arrive.

Edit: I agree with zazen, your track is in my top list Goiter, of which there are 21 others.

Archived