IGNORED

Coppice Halifax - Soft Shelter

Mellow U

a4280952275_2.jpg

http://coppicehalifax.bandcamp.com/album/soft-shelter

Free digital version, super limited 31 copy CD-R version. Deep drone-techno with a slight dub influence, built live over two cold nights in my studio using only two drum machines and reel to reel tapes of Christmas music from Edison blue wax cylinders (of course in tandem with a mixer and a slew of analog and digital FX). Something to keep you warm on those chilly December nights!

purchased

Thanks a lot Robbie! It's probably pretty different than the last stuff of mine you may have heard...my brain has been in a weird organic techno composting space for the last year.

Poirot is my shit too. Sunday night is Poirot night

You and me both. I have a running theory that there are only about 20 English actors, and they have all appeared on Poirot at some point in time.

This couldn't be more apt right now as a soundtrack for my 6am commute by train through a dark and misty London.

Great stuff man!

Sounds like a great setting for something atmospheric like this! Thanks for checking it.

NICE

On it

great record

Cheers guys!

At the risk of being spammy, anyone who enjoys Soft Shelter will probably also enjoy my recent EP series Static Pharming, as it's the same recording process and concept. Last year's Verdant Acre series is also along the same lines.

And by the way, many humble thanks to everyone who bought a CD-R or optionally paid for the download - that made my whole week!

very nice music as usual!!! :music:

Yeah, been playing this almost every night for my commute home. Great stuff in the cold weather.

Aww, thanks guys. Means a lot! Might have to sit down while it's still December and see if Soft Shelter II is meant to be...

By the way, everyone who ordered a physical copy of this - they're shipping out this week. I just had a small delay in getting the photo inserts printed up, but they'll be in my hands today.

• 2 months later...

Purchased. Also got High Hawaiian Fog & Reflector via my eMusic subscription recently & both have been providing a soundtrack for reading & sarnie-munching during my lunch hour over the last week. I particularly like Reflector - what's similar from your rather copious output, MU?

Purchased. Also got High Hawaiian Fog & Reflector via my eMusic subscription recently & both have been providing a soundtrack for reading & sarnie-munching during my lunch hour over the last week. I particularly like Reflector - what's similar from your rather copious output, MU?

Wow, interesting. I didn't even know my music was on eMusic. Must've been coordinated by the labels (WR and Entropy) because I've never seen a penny from them. Thanks for buying Soft Shelter though! I definitely saw those pennies.

Reflector is/was ambient versions of the Radians album, which you can check here, although it's more of a psychedelic dub techno thing and not really ambient. Radians also got mulched up into the Hallex and Red Sand singles, which got released at Contemporary Vision.

As for actual similar music, there's a good bit of Coppice Halifax and Milieu material that sort of goes that route...here's a list that is by no means all-inclusive:

Thanks - will probably pick up the remainder of the stuff on eMusic first (Hallex, Red Sand, Pacific Opal Hex & Vapor Acre). I see there's also a couple of Milieu releases on there too on Boltfish Recordings.

Shame you've not seen any payment via eMu - but considering my subscription works out at 0.20p per track I wouldn't order that Ferrari yet from the share you'd be due! I'd have paid more for SS had I not just noticed that rotor+ had released a third album a year ago that I hadn't realised existed & just spent £££ on...

Thanks - will probably pick up the remainder of the stuff on eMusic first (Hallex, Red Sand, Pacific Opal Hex & Vapor Acre). I see there's also a couple of Milieu releases on there too on Boltfish Recordings.

Shame you've not seen any payment via eMu - but considering my subscription works out at 0.20p per track I wouldn't order that Ferrari yet from the share you'd be due! I'd have paid more for SS had I not just noticed that rotor+ had released a third album a year ago that I hadn't realised existed & just spent £££ on...

Although it may cost more at times, I'd strongly encourage you to get music through Bandcamp, since it removes any middle man and pays artists like me directly. I understand the appeal of things like eMusic and obviously cheap tracks are their own reward, but music is my only source of income, so every little bit is appreciated.

Also, Hallex and Red Sand are $1 each on Bandcamp, and Pacific Opal Hex is only $6. Pretty certain Vapor Acre is too.

P.S. That Milieu stuff on Boltfish is so dated now! I still like a few tracks but it's basically nothing like what I've been doing since then.

Archived