Favorite Podcasts...

LimpyLoo

I'll start:

Radiolab

I'd Hit That (interviews with drummers)

Stuff You Should Know

Stuff To Blow Your Mind

Avant-Garde All The Time

(awesome-yet-dead podcast with focus on sound aspect of classic experimental art movements)

and yes... *snare rush*

Welcome To Night Vale

(beautiful and perfect except for the horrible fucking Brooklyn folkster shit musical guests)

Guest disparaissant

SAWBONES is my current fave. Basically, it's the history of awful ideas in medicine. Like trepanation. Or drinking pee.

Also MY BROTHER, MY BROTHER, AND ME. An advice show for the modern era.

And also JUDGE JOHN HODGMAN. He's the judge!

and lastly WHAM BAM POW. Sci-fi and action movie extravaganza!

hardcore history and comedy bang bang is all i really have time for. sometimes how did this get made is good. the daredevil one with ed brubaker was pretty lol. a life well wasted is a lot of fun too.

Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre podcast is a good one, I fell in love with Adam Buxton a bit when he was on as a guest. As a horror nerd Bloody Good Horror can be quite amusing, We Hate Movies and How Did This Get Made? are good for relaxing to as well. A few football one's too, mainly The Tuesday Club, basically I have too much free time on my hands now I commute to work via train since crashing my scooter.

Guest disparaissant

Ricky Gervais thingies

I used to love these but then I came to realize that Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant are actually just bad people.

had a p similar experience, honestly. ricky gervais especially is just an awful, awful person.

The Orbiting Pod (Comics)

Unexplained w/ Howard Hughes (Mostly dumb conspiracy/paranormal shit)

Intelligence Squared

NPR Education Podcast (Mostly just news about how fucked the American school system is, but I have professional interest)

The Football Ramble

Ricky Gervais thingies

I used to love these but then I came to realize that Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant are actually just bad people.

had a p similar experience, honestly. ricky gervais especially is just an awful, awful person.

Yeah. They might seem like more-or-less decent blokes at first glance but if you stick around long enough you'll learn they both deeply and profoundly hate overweight people. Heroin addicts too, but mostly overweight people.

And then you'll learn that Stephen Merchant doesn't really like poor people either.

And I'm not talking about where they joke about people but deep down they're just taking the piss and it's all in good fun. No, they seem to genuinely hate overweight people.

does anyone know of any good call in radio shows available as podcasts? like where people get to call in and just talk/discuss random things or a specific topic of the day or whatever.

Archived