IGNORED

Uruguay legalizes marijuana

ambermonk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25328656

I dunno, I think it's a step in the right direction in order to curb drug trafficking. Plus it has more health benefits than alcohol, but it should still be regulated particularly in regards to driving a vehicle under its influence.

And president José Mujica already has my respect for adopting a humble lifestyle as a world leader, donating 90 percent of his income to the poor and living on a small farm.

What do you all think? Is Uruguay setting an example for other countries to follow in the future?

reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5tzSks5lTI

not implying that big corpo medicine isn't practically a country anyway, but hell, pretty solid opening scene if i ever saw one

back on topic

yes. it's a step in the right direction. however, the quality of the weed should be sufficient and natural.

Weed in the Netherlands, par example, is pretty fucked up, with THC levels reaching 15%. It's not "oh, let's smoke a joint and have some giggles" but some proper "let's get fucked up beyond all recognition", which can be fun every blue moon, but all in all, weed shouldn't end with you being in some sort of stupor, gazing at the stones in front of you wondering what the hell is going on.

Just my 2 cents.

Weed in the Netherlands, par example, is pretty fucked up, with THC levels reaching 15%. It's not "oh, let's smoke a joint and have some giggles" but some proper "let's get fucked up beyond all recognition", which can be fun every blue moon, but all in all, weed shouldn't end with you being in some sort of stupor, gazing at the stones in front of you wondering what the hell is going on.

You have choice between multiple flavors of high, brands in coffeeshops, and can ask for advice on the strength of the high as the clerks should know. You're not obligated to get fucked up, it is your choice.

yep. Plus the tourists probably get fkt up because of the illicit cool vibe that doing the power bud ellicits. If it was legal everywhere, people would perhaps just start smoking midstrength make the couch comfortable but give you enough energy to get up and microwave popcorn weed. heh ...

sorry i don't smoke it. but it's probably something like that.

It'll be legal here... eventually. Slowly, every couple of years, a new state will completely legalize it and the feds will give less and less of a shit. I don't think it's priority either way.

yep. Plus the tourists probably get fkt up because of the illicit cool vibe that doing the power bud ellicits. If it was legal everywhere, people would perhaps just start smoking midstrength make the couch comfortable but give you enough energy to get up and microwave popcorn weed. heh ...

sorry i don't smoke it. but it's probably something like that.

It's been over a year for me, and it's something I'll continue to abstain from for the time being. But if the legalization trend continues throughout the globe I think it ought to be treated as a regulated substance like alcohol. In other words, it ought to be prohibited at work and to underage users, as well as being discouraged prior to operating a vehicle.

Weed is cool guyz don't tell nobody

Might still be widely considered taboo, and it could just be my imagination, but it seems like more people are letting go of their "ganja-phobia" and realizing that it has actual health benefits as a natural herb.

It'll be legal here... eventually. Slowly, every couple of years, a new state will completely legalize it and the feds will give less and less of a shit. I don't think it's priority either way.

Washington and Colorado already legalized it for up to a single ounce for consumption I understand, though it's still illegal for grow and sell it. While still illegal here in my state, the local authorities won't come kicking down doors for private use in homes.

Either way, seems like we're undergoing a transitional phase in history regarding the issue.

The world is wising up to how ridiculous it is to have a flowering ditch-weed be illegal. Good for them. Now, lets watch people try to squeeze tax money out of something that became moral the second they passed some pieces of paper through legislation to make it legal to collect money from it.

yes. it's a step in the right direction. however, the quality of the weed should be sufficient and natural.

Just my 2 cents.

So wait... what? You want shitty non-potent pot because you're afraid to actually get high? The qualities that cannabis has in terms of potency are more genetically and environmentally determined than anything you add to the soil or foliage... so the 'natural and sufficient' comment doesn't really make sense to me... if you want to not get that stoned, smoke a hit or two less?

People drink grain solvents all over the world until they pass out in a drunken stupor without looking twice, but you got beef with bud being too potent for people who don't smoke often?

(disregard if I am completely off base, but that's what I gathered from that comment)

I agree that change is coming, but making enforcement standardized SHOULD be a big priority. The legal consequences of smoking pot vary tremendously depending on your race and income. It's incredibly wrong, but that applies to trends in the justice system in general.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/06/04/the-blackwhite-marijuana-arrest-gap-in-nine-charts/

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/23/nyregion/23about.html?_r=0

In terms of the content of pot itself, I don't worry about that here. It'll be just like food and beverages. Quality will vary greatly no matter what, but you'll be able to find what you want personally.

I agree that change is coming, but making enforcement standardized SHOULD be a big priority. The legal consequences of smoking pot vary tremendously depending on your race and income. It's incredibly wrong, but that applies to trends in the justice system in general.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/06/04/the-blackwhite-marijuana-arrest-gap-in-nine-charts/

I'm all for legalization and agree it should be a priority. The "war on drugs" and the prison system is one of the most fucked up things happening here. But marijuana will probably never be mentioned by a president until half the states have done it. It will just slowly make it to the finish line.

Just to make people all jealous: I bought delivery nugs (granddaddy kush) for cheaper than street prices from a legal source the other day, and my gram of hash even came in a little felt baggy with a logo. the company donates a share of all their profits to an animal shelter in the south side of the city. I had to show my ID, and the dude was out of my place in 10 minutes. We talked about bluegrass and he gave me ten bucks off because he didn't have the other strain i wanted.

Legalization is awesome. Uruguay is pretty awesome for its own reasons as well, hope this works out for them.

Just to make people all jealous: I bought delivery nugs (granddaddy kush) for cheaper than street prices from a legal source the other day, and my gram of hash even came in a little felt baggy with a logo. the company donates a share of all their profits to an animal shelter in the south side of the city. I had to show my ID, and the dude was out of my place in 10 minutes. We talked about bluegrass and he gave me ten bucks off because he didn't have the other strain i wanted.

Legalization is awesome. Uruguay is pretty awesome for its own reasons as well, hope this works out for them.

The business that guy is running is still illegal under current law, just an FYI. My dispensary has the documents and cash invested to go from medical to legal at a different location, and they have not started granting permits to sell, let alone run a delivery service outside the confides of a secure and licensed location as covered by the law, even though we're in the top in line to get the licence. In fact, when we went to the liquor board, we asked if we could set-up a delivery service in the meantime - they said no and cited because you would need the correct paperwork to be a retailer and even so, it is explicitly against the new law to do a delivery service...

So yeah...

That seems about right, lol. I have a feeling they'll be the ones getting sued and fined if they're shut down, not me. Pretty strange how much neighborhood advertising they're doing though. I may just keep using the service until next Spring if they manage to stick around.

"Seattle police say Evan's business would be a very low priority issue for them."

Yah-- super perfectly grown ganj has ironically made it somewhat hard for newcomers to smoke up and realize the benefits of the wonderful plant. Lotta stories like, "I don't smoke because I fucking freaked out", etc. Just gotta be careful yo. I know someone who doesn't smoke, cuz the only time she tried anything related to the plant was when she ate a huge chunk of hash. Nooooot a good first time experience.

haha. that would be funny if pot didn't gain a wider consumer base because of it's potency. Although really the growth is not in smoking but THC laced products from drinks to candy. There should be drinks laced with every drug but in smaller doses, be an alcohol killer for the public put away a few bottles of ecstasy when having a night on the town. Drink uppers at the start of the night, then perhaps some sleepy weed brews near the end.

Yah-- super perfectly grown ganj has ironically made it somewhat hard for newcomers to smoke up and realize the benefits of the wonderful plant. Lotta stories like, "I don't smoke because I fucking freaked out", etc. Just gotta be careful yo. I know someone who doesn't smoke, cuz the only time she tried anything related to the plant was when she ate a huge chunk of hash. Nooooot a good first time experience.

i'm looking forward to wider legalization for exactly this reason. strains that I assume were heavy THC made me feel itchy in my own skin. I'd much prefer having some weighted heavily toward CBD.

Oh gawd, not Reefer Madness. They tried to make people believe that cannabis makes you violent, while it practically has the opposite effect. Mostly just rubbish propaganda. Plus the acting is fucking terrible.

Still, I think it's best to toke in moderation or on occasion, rather than get addicted, as with most things.

i agree with the sentiment that making more fucked up buds to get super stoned is misguided...weed is already good in it's natural form innit.

i like having that available, don't get me wrong. but yeah it doesn't help the whole argument when you have dummies going "let's get fuckkkked up dood". ...however getting fucked up on weed usually just means sitting in one place and saying nothing which is like the opposite to alcohol actually aha.

If I were to smoke it again I'd only want the pure, natural shit, in reasonable amounts - not laced with anything else. I definitely don't wanna get "fucked up". Just like how I prefer black coffer coffee and tea w/o milk or sugar.

As with hooch, very rarely do I drink in huge amounts just to get shit-faced (though people find me hilarious when I do), but rather just an occasional beer is all I drink mostly. Same principle applies innit

I used to have a shitty pea green mark 1 Ford fiesta that every copper recognized, so I'd get pulled over regularly. Luckily enough I discovered the perfect stash for my weed: the little cavity behind the Ford badge on the steering wheel. I remember whiteying off a bucket then being pulled over and having a policeman 3 inches from my face, staring into the slittiest bloodshot eyes you've ever seen. It was so intense, but kinda fun because I knew they'd find my hash in a million years. The end.

Fuckin' WalMart will sell weed one day, and it will be glorious and retarded altogether.

The only thing the propaganda film Reefer Madness got right, is that it does make you play jumpin' piano jazz.

Archived