IGNORED

Apart from Joyrex, who are the eldest users on watmm?

pierlu

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there was also some dude that really pissed loads of people here off, and one of us ended up making an entire website mocking him...it was hilarious....I cant remember the guy's handle, but he absolutely LOVED U2.

pretty sure it was pen expers, he had a thing for arena rock. i think he was banned after he went completely mental in some argument with me, lol.

there was also some dude that really pissed loads of people here off, and one of us ended up making an entire website mocking him...it was hilarious....I cant remember the guy's handle, but he absolutely LOVED U2.

pretty sure it was pen expers, he had a thing for arena rock. i think he was banned after he went completely mental in some argument with me, lol.

lol yes, it was. Didn't Carth or Maphive make the site? It was great, dude blew his top.

lol yes, it was. Didn't Carth or Maphive make the site? It was great, dude blew his top.

This was absolutely one of the highlights of WATMM mythology.

Oh shit the WARP forums, I had forgotten about that!

I was trying to remember the name of it when it existed. Was it something like Warpcomm ?

Warpcomm was great - I loved the counting thread and I wonder if poor Fiona ever got Autechre.

lol, warpcomm was great and I bet Fiona only listens to Carrie Underwood now.

since joyrex.com

i'm 40

hi everyone who i know

peace

Hello

Sir

Realist

hope you are well

mamories

post-750-0-95354300-1387939895_thumb.jpgpost-750-0-61290100-1387939918_thumb.jpg

This was absolutely one of the highlights of WATMM mythology.

Fairly sure it was Maphive, and it was truly glorious.

yes but how old is joyrex? 45? 55? 60+

I'm 40. I was 24 when I started doing this... fuck, I'm old.

hah, does that mean i was 15? wow.

Damn, I'm sure we broke some sort of child labour law, LOL.

And your avatar is creeeepy.

Lurked from early on, joined in 03. Currently 39 years old.

This was the first 'social'* place for me on the internet, talkin bout stuff over the nets with random strangers. In the old-school way in which no-one uses their real names and you all talk bollocks, rather than the post-Facebook way in which everyone uses their real names and you post pictures of your holiday.

Highlights:

- "internets" thread

- reverse thread (write the post that the person above is responding to)

- the day CUP arrived

- kakapo's hitler meme vid

- 2005 analord threads

- when iSketch first started

* I use social approximately here because even after 10 years I have very little sense of what sort of personalities lurk behind the usernames. That is, I don't think I 'know' any of you. I think of watmm as a place where people collaborate to entertain each other, rather than get to know each other. And thats fine.

I just remembered something - remember Chaosmachine's (I think it was him) interactive signature where anyone could toggle a pixel from it ?

yep. the code was actually still working/running on a long-forgotten server until about 3 years ago.

• 6 years later...

I’m 36 but I don’t remember when I originally came to watmm... I remember phillie T posting Ultravisitor snippets. I also remember talking to tauboo on slsk around 03/04 

Archived