IGNORED

Apart from Joyrex, who are the eldest users on watmm?

pierlu

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, marf said:

me, I used to got to joyrex.com in the 90's

I’ve been lurking since then...and only joined for a bit during the AE AAA, then permanently after Aphex DFN. 

14 years almost I've been posting here. And it's been pretty terrible for the last 9. Oh shit why am I still here?

Last post.

I just biked in to say I came around 02 or 03 when zelah was always lying about spotting Leah driving her car around town.

Posted sporadically, left for some years because watmm was blocked at my workplace (how's a dude gonna waste time at work?)  Highlight of my posting was a kick-ass gif of a fish headed Jordan dunking a basketball for deep sea creatures balling out of control.  Somehow watmm isn't blocked anymore so I'm browsing again! Will be 39 this year, damn I'm old.

16 minutes ago, Brisbot said:
4 hours ago, tec said:

I have been here forever and am basically the caretaker from The Shining. 

HOW DID YOU GET OUT OF THE COOLER?!

But, Sir, Don't You Know that

You've Always been Here?

5 hours ago, randomsummer said:

I just biked in to say I came around 02 or 03 when zelah was always lying about spotting Leah driving her car around town.

Posted sporadically, left for some years because watmm was blocked at my workplace (how's a dude gonna waste time at work?)  Highlight of my posting was a kick-ass gif of a fish headed Jordan dunking a basketball for deep sea creatures balling out of control.  Somehow watmm isn't blocked anymore so I'm browsing again! Will be 39 this year, damn I'm old.

Wow I totally forgot about Leah.  

I joined right at the start of 2006.  The end of the year was marked with Squarepusher - Hello Everything and a trip to Ireland, where I discovered Hangable Autobulb existed.  I also made 4 of my best tracks that month, which is kind of depressing, since it was almost 15 years ago.  But the best electronic music does tend to come from the UK, so perhaps there's something more to that.  It's all those goddamn ghosts.

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I joined right at the start of 2006.  The end of the year was marked with Squarepusher - Hello Everything and a trip to Ireland, where I discovered Hangable Autobulb existed.  I also made 4 of my best tracks that month, which is kind of depressing, since it was almost 15 years ago.  But the best electronic music does tend to come from the UK, so perhaps there's something more to that.  It's all those goddamn ghosts.

its a sign you need an extended trip there with only access to synths

I was actually here when no-future and little Detroit was still a thing (I can only date it based on that tho unfortunately. Also Actress was still known as Darren Cunningham) Fuck knows what my name was tho..

1 hour ago, perunamuussi said:

Was one of them 23:23?

Yes!

1 hour ago, Zeffolia said:

its a sign you need an extended trip there with only access to synths

I do not disagree!

54 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

what is this and how can i hear it?

It was a melodic drill 'n' bass track I made while staying at my parent's place in Ireland, all done on my dad's lap top with cheap Sony headphones.  I really like the production on all the tracks I made there, so... possibly having nicer gear has been a drawback.  With bad headphones you have to try so much harder to make it sound good, haha.

It's kind of equal parts ridiculous and awesome.  I totally forgot about the weird incorporation of acid bass towards the end, which I like quite a bit.  I actually can't remember it ever being a part of the track, but I'm glad it was.

*the title was updated to Revisions at some point, possibly after some revisions were made.

4 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Yes!

I do not disagree!

It was a melodic drill 'n' bass track I made while staying at my parent's place in Ireland, all done on my dad's lap top with cheap Sony headphones.  I really like the production on all the tracks I made there, so... possibly having nicer gear has been a drawback.  With bad headphones you have to try so much harder to make it sound good, haha.

It's kind of equal parts ridiculous and awesome.  I totally forgot about the weird incorporation of acid bass towards the end, which I like quite a bit.  I actually can't remember it ever being a part of the track, but I'm glad it was.

*the title was updated to Revisions at some point, possibly after some revisions were made.

Will listen to it after work thanks!!

17 minutes ago, BoomTssPhace said:

The title of this thread is fucking hilarious

I'll have to agree with You

I member

'Apart from Joyrex, who are the Oldest users on watmm?'

Archived