Jump to content
pierlu

Apart from Joyrex, who are the eldest users on watmm?

Recommended Posts

I have been here forever and am basically the caretaker from The Shining. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

me, I used to got to joyrex.com in the 90's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2004?

Pretty sure I am the oldest member on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marf said:

me, I used to got to joyrex.com in the 90's

I’ve been lurking since then...and only joined for a bit during the AE AAA, then permanently after Aphex DFN. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 years almost I've been posting here. And it's been pretty terrible for the last 9. Oh shit why am I still here?

 

Last post.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just biked in to say I came around 02 or 03 when zelah was always lying about spotting Leah driving her car around town.

Posted sporadically, left for some years because watmm was blocked at my workplace (how's a dude gonna waste time at work?)  Highlight of my posting was a kick-ass gif of a fish headed Jordan dunking a basketball for deep sea creatures balling out of control.  Somehow watmm isn't blocked anymore so I'm browsing again! Will be 39 this year, damn I'm old.

Edited by randomsummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Velasquez?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would i be considered the youngest on here? XD 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be fair I left and lurked on xltronic in the mid 2000's then came here, but i was on joyrex.com pre y2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tec said:

I have been here forever and am basically the caretaker from The Shining. 

HOW DID YOU GET OUT OF THE COOLER?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Brisbot said:
4 hours ago, tec said:

I have been here forever and am basically the caretaker from The Shining. 

HOW DID YOU GET OUT OF THE COOLER?!

But, Sir, Don't You Know that

You've Always been Here?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, randomsummer said:

I just biked in to say I came around 02 or 03 when zelah was always lying about spotting Leah driving her car around town.

Posted sporadically, left for some years because watmm was blocked at my workplace (how's a dude gonna waste time at work?)  Highlight of my posting was a kick-ass gif of a fish headed Jordan dunking a basketball for deep sea creatures balling out of control.  Somehow watmm isn't blocked anymore so I'm browsing again! Will be 39 this year, damn I'm old.

Wow I totally forgot about Leah.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hahaha zelah :^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I joined right at the start of 2006.  The end of the year was marked with Squarepusher - Hello Everything and a trip to Ireland, where I discovered Hangable Autobulb existed.  I also made 4 of my best tracks that month, which is kind of depressing, since it was almost 15 years ago.  But the best electronic music does tend to come from the UK, so perhaps there's something more to that.  It's all those goddamn ghosts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been on and off this place for a long time. I just can't kick it.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I also made 4 of my best tracks that month

Was one of them 23:23?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I joined right at the start of 2006.  The end of the year was marked with Squarepusher - Hello Everything and a trip to Ireland, where I discovered Hangable Autobulb existed.  I also made 4 of my best tracks that month, which is kind of depressing, since it was almost 15 years ago.  But the best electronic music does tend to come from the UK, so perhaps there's something more to that.  It's all those goddamn ghosts.

its a sign you need an extended trip there with only access to synths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, perunamuussi said:

Was one of them 23:23?

 

what is this and how can i hear it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually here when no-future and little Detroit was still a thing (I can only date it based on that tho unfortunately. Also Actress was still known as Darren Cunningham) Fuck knows what my name was tho..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, perunamuussi said:

Was one of them 23:23?

 

Yes!

1 hour ago, Zeffolia said:

its a sign you need an extended trip there with only access to synths

I do not disagree!

54 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

what is this and how can i hear it?

It was a melodic drill 'n' bass track I made while staying at my parent's place in Ireland, all done on my dad's lap top with cheap Sony headphones.  I really like the production on all the tracks I made there, so... possibly having nicer gear has been a drawback.  With bad headphones you have to try so much harder to make it sound good, haha.

It's kind of equal parts ridiculous and awesome.  I totally forgot about the weird incorporation of acid bass towards the end, which I like quite a bit.  I actually can't remember it ever being a part of the track, but I'm glad it was.

*the title was updated to Revisions at some point, possibly after some revisions were made.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other 3 tracks were Subway Citadel, Possessed, and Render.  I have a feeling I posted all 4 in EKT because I was so god damn pleased with myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Yes!

I do not disagree!

It was a melodic drill 'n' bass track I made while staying at my parent's place in Ireland, all done on my dad's lap top with cheap Sony headphones.  I really like the production on all the tracks I made there, so... possibly having nicer gear has been a drawback.  With bad headphones you have to try so much harder to make it sound good, haha.

It's kind of equal parts ridiculous and awesome.  I totally forgot about the weird incorporation of acid bass towards the end, which I like quite a bit.  I actually can't remember it ever being a part of the track, but I'm glad it was.

*the title was updated to Revisions at some point, possibly after some revisions were made.

Will listen to it after work thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title of this thread is fucking hilarious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BoomTssPhace said:

The title of this thread is fucking hilarious

I'll have to agree with You

I member

'Apart from Joyrex, who are the Oldest users on watmm?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...