IGNORED

Apart from Joyrex, who are the eldest users on watmm?

pierlu

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turning 35 this year and I just realized I've been present here for over half my life. Only somewhat actively soiling the boards for about 5 of those I think. But mostly being an extra on the great watmm stage, watching the giants flourish, collide, and in some cases wither or dissent from the comfort of the coulisses. Ah, c'est la vie.   

On 1/31/2020 at 1:12 AM, user said:

Turning 35 this year and I just realized I've been present here for over half my life. Only somewhat actively soiling the boards for about 5 of those I think. But mostly being an extra on the great watmm stage, watching the giants flourish, collide, and in some cases wither or dissent from the comfort of the coulisses. Ah, c'est la vie.   

Another class of '85 here. :beer:

Phew, I thought all the elder citizens, people around and above 50 that is, exclusively listen to some station rock, jazz/blues or country....preferably from car radio while taking missus to general store. There is something very wrong with you guys.

On 1/30/2020 at 12:34 AM, perunamuussi said:

Jan 73 (tomorrow in fact)

Onnea ja paljon muusia! :smile:

It's my favorite number/year to be alive

unless

I make it to

'

'

'

' 

-------------'

I wasn't here at the older iteration of watmm or joyrex.com forums or whatever it was. I think I joined in high school, I'm 32. 

EDIT: Weird to think I'll probably be on here until I die but I've never even met any of you IRL (to my knowledge, even at Day for Night I somehow didn't meet anyone).

Hmmm, I wonder if being a regular poster on specific forums until death will be a common thing once the internet is elderly.  Right now the idea of senior citizens being regulars on forums is strange, but when people who were brought up with the internet are in their 70's it will likely be the norm.  I suppose the likelihood of any forum surviving long enough to remain with its users from teenage years to old age is unlikely.  What's the average forum lifespan?  Which is the oldest living forum???  ?????

26 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Hmmm, I wonder if being a regular poster on specific forums until death will be a common thing once the internet is elderly.  Right now the idea of senior citizens being regulars on forums is strange, but when people who were brought up with the internet are in their 70's it will likely be the norm.  I suppose the likelihood of any forum surviving long enough to remain with its users from teenage years to old age is unlikely.  What's the average forum lifespan?  Which is the oldest living forum???  ?????

I have thought about this quite a bit, like the tone of the internet seems to be aging with the generations who use it obv.. like the moment politics suddenly became a big big thing is just about when my gen was entering adulthood.. (politics was always around but it suddenly exploded on yt etc)

I reckon it will become a real stinky ol place when it's all geezers misspelling stuff

I wonder what will happen when the zoomers start growing up as well, like how much will it be noticeable that two different gens are using the internet etc

I wish my ashes to be scattered on the information superhighway :crazy:

Edit: Lol at the thought of our aging community in the future using emulators just so we can post on archaic web 2.0 WATMM while everyone else is plugged into VR or some fucking matrix.

7 hours ago, yekker said:

I wish my ashes to be scattered on the information superhighway :crazy:

Edit: Lol at the thought of our aging community in the future using emulators just so we can post on archaic web 2.0 WATMM while everyone else is plugged into VR or some fucking matrix.

I'll keep the site updated so we keep up with the latest technology. Who knows what WATMM will evolve into whenever the next big thing comes along...

Archived