IGNORED

Earthbound (aka Mother) Starting City in 3D

Joyrex

im not saying the pic isn't cool, it is, even though i never played mother much (beyond a little of the 1st one on NES), but to me the image quality doesn't look THAT much beyond what ps3 could do. maybe just a little more clear. anyway, i thought wii u was at about ps3/xb360 level graphics wise. seems like it should be able to come close-ish to that.

but uh, i think it might be a bit hasty to assume that there will be a successor to the wii u, since there is still a fair amount of people out there who don't even know there is a such thing as a wii u. there were rumors that the original wii would be their last console, for some reason. it was actually successful.

the point isn't that it's the best rendering/graphics etc ever seen. It's the tantalizing idea of the mother universe (which has many diehard fans) being brought into next gen (well, current gen now) graphics.

well yeah i get that the point wasnt that it was the best thing ever graphics wise, but jr did specifically say 'maybe it could be done on watever nintendo makes after wii u' then that maybe this could be done on ps4/xb1. to which i replied wii u should be able to come close, imo.

on the topic of mother/earthbound in general, i've always seen people mention it as a great thing, so i decided to play the 1st one, and couldnt due to the super insano high levels of grinding required. i didn't like the idea of skipping ahead in series. but maybe one day i'll do the snes one (or were there 2 on snes). i always thought itd be cool of nintendo to make faithful adaptations of some of their earlier franchises that got left behind, but wasnt there some kid icarus vid (thought JR posted it) of a new upcoming game, and which to me looked like a knife in the heart of my childhood (fuckin terrible)? i cant find that now. uprising on ds looks ok, but christ, if your voice overs and music are going to sound like it was done by the same people who did sonic 2006, just leave the game silent. imo revamping some of these old franchises, is what wii u needs. at least the new mario looks ok.

• 7 years later...

Earthbound is great, and the soundtrack is perfect, but I thought it was pretty much loved by everyone?

3 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Earthbound is great, and the soundtrack is perfect, but I thought it was pretty much loved by everyone?

It is.. I was just annoyed this was bumped after 7 years.. I thought It was a new Earthbound-game coming up. ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Well yeah it's beloved by the people that played it. The thing is just that not enough people have played it lol.

3 hours ago, cern said:

It is.. I was just annoyed this was bumped after 7 years.. I thought It was a new Earthbound-game coming up. ?

I'm sorry man? 

I dream