IGNORED

I will never play live in Seattle

Guest pafr

I dunno, last time I was in Seattle (Oct 2012) I don't think I had any issues getting along with folks there. The only bad experience I had was when my dad was in the ICU for three weeks there (hence my reason being there) - an experience I'd rather not have repeated.

Still, I've considered moving there as an option next spring, or at least to Tacoma. Good shows up here in Alaska are few and far between I'm afraid.

As a former Alaskan I gotta say moving to Seattle is a good move!

I'll have to take your word for it then. I've been to WA many times throughout my life (including two weeks ago), and I hear the Seattle area is where most of the jobs in the state are. On my thirteenth winter up in this ice box now and about ready to throw in the towel.

So this whole thread is really just an ad for Bonkers?

You are correct.

Edit: reading into this more: No, honest, I do not know OP at all, and don't know if they are trolling or genuine.

Seattle's crime rate might not be as bad as bigger cities like NYC, but for the city's population capacity and its population growth and our shitty economy, I don't really see things getting better for Seattle. Yes, Seattle thugs like electronic music, shitty electronic music mostly. By all means, they don't even know or care about the music, and it seems all they care about is girls liking dance music, thus better gender ratio for their parties.

you can follow the local news here if you want to know how bad Seattle is: http://www.komonews.com/

That was what i was thinking. Controversy sells.

No, this isn't ad for anyone. I will never play in Seattle no matter who it is for or hosting. If you don't care about me playing at all, please feel free to ignore this thread (from the number of responses, it seems a lot people care). I've been hurt too much by too many people in Seattle. Anyways, I don't have anything else to say regarding this matter. Seattle made me very, very sad.

I'm really sorry dude, but is there any way you can be more specific? Also, some people and places just don't mix, maybe you need to be somewhere like New Mexico. If you're not happy, definitely move. That's why I'm leaving New York.

I'll just pop in and be defensive one more time. I really don't know the OP, at all. If Joyrex needs to compare IPs or anything, please do, but this isn't me or the other 2 people on our team.

I already have a post for the Bonkers show in the Live Dates area and was given permission to link it in the Rephlex forum. The last thing I'd do is get myself banned for pulling some shady promotion shit.

With that said, I am enjoying the love for Seattle being given to contradict the OP. I'm excited about our Bonkers night. It was legendary before, and I just attended the shows then. To be helping to run it all and bring out my favorite artists is incredible.

I was hoping to show the OP that there is a night going on in Seattle that isn't all thugs and rapists that features music that doesn't suck like 99% of the shitty generic techno being put out and that seems to be so popular. I was also hoping to find another gem like the WATMMer I got to meet last time that blew my mind and we have opening for a biggy in February.

That's all this is on my part. The PNW has some amazing shows coming up, and that's all there is to it.

Guest MastaN8

I've lived in seattle for years. So yeah if you're playing shady spots in SODO there's bound to be some bozos. The weirdest thing recently was I saw Clark w jon Hopkins at the croc. Everyone showed up for jon Hopkins and left before Clark. Is there some other secret electronic music scene that I don't know about? Where jon Hopkins trumps Clark?

Guest cult fiction

Jon Hopkins was supposedly "headlining" according to the croc website and flyers. Also, most of the people that left looked like they were wholly satisfied by the cheesy trance he was playing, so maybe they got their fill.

Or perhaps they were rushing off to a secret Seattle thug rave party, filled wall to wall with dangerous thugs hopped up on vacuum pot single origin coffee.

No, this isn't ad for anyone. I will never play in Seattle no matter who it is for or hosting. If you don't care about me playing at all, please feel free to ignore this thread (from the number of responses, it seems a lot people care). I've been hurt too much by too many people in Seattle. Anyways, I don't have anything else to say regarding this matter. Seattle made me very, very sad.

how do you feel about playing in Grimsby?

I'll just pop in and be defensive one more time. I really don't know the OP, at all. If Joyrex needs to compare IPs or anything, please do, but this isn't me or the other 2 people on our team.

I already have a post for the Bonkers show in the Live Dates area and was given permission to link it in the Rephlex forum. The last thing I'd do is get myself banned for pulling some shady promotion shit.

With that said, I am enjoying the love for Seattle being given to contradict the OP. I'm excited about our Bonkers night. It was legendary before, and I just attended the shows then. To be helping to run it all and bring out my favorite artists is incredible.

I was hoping to show the OP that there is a night going on in Seattle that isn't all thugs and rapists that features music that doesn't suck like 99% of the shitty generic techno being put out and that seems to be so popular. I was also hoping to find another gem like the WATMMer I got to meet last time that blew my mind and we have opening for a biggy in February.

That's all this is on my part. The PNW has some amazing shows coming up, and that's all there is to it.

Sorry dude I was kidding.

I've lived in seattle for years. So yeah if you're playing shady spots in SODO there's bound to be some bozos. The weirdest thing recently was I saw Clark w jon Hopkins at the croc. Everyone showed up for jon Hopkins and left before Clark. Is there some other secret electronic music scene that I don't know about? Where jon Hopkins trumps Clark?

I was at their San Francisco show, and it was pretty much the same thing. I got the feeling a lot of people weren't really into Clark.

I wore a Nirvana T-shirt in Seattle, for the one day I was there (unconscious decision), and a guy approached me to tell me how much he loved that band on my shirt. There has never been any other moment in my life where a total stranger has approached me for anything other than change/information they needed. So I like Seattle and would play there any time. But I'd also play for a roomful of serial killers/baby rapists because I just like to perform. *and neo nazis!

Isn't that why people wear these t-shirts, so you know what tribe you are affiliated with. (this isn't a bad thing, creates an immediately recognizable safe zone of sorts). (i don't wear band shirts any more, well except for that mitch murder one i bought, but i kinda don't want to wreck it, so it's been out once, to the supermarket, lol, and it would be a bit obscure for the general recognition thing.)

Funny this should come up though as i haven't recognised by saying cool shirt to anyone since i was probably in my early twenties, but at work the other day a regular customer was wearing a slayer shirt. Was so out of the blue i just had to butter the man up with a little praise. Made his day. [-;

There has never been any other moment in my life where a total stranger has approached me for anything other than change/information they needed.

How did you feel about the guy approaching you like that? I saw a shirt with a black and white image of Jeff Bridges in a bowling alley with "The Dude" written in huge white letters above his name. I thought it was funny so I bought it. I had to retire it. That shirt gave me celebrity on par with The Dude and I really started to feel funny about it. If I went out drinking, it was all over--literally hugging strangers as they yelled "THE DUDE ABIDES!!". So I was curious if you liked the common vibe you tapped into or if it weirded you out.

It was cool. We had a brief chat about Nirvana, I told him I was from Victoria, he shared some personal anecdote he had about his days in Vic. I had just arrived in Seattle, so it was a pretty good first impression. That was followed up with some crazy Christan zealots ranting about jesus at everyone who passed by, which confirmed my preexisting impression of what the U.S. was like. But yeah, I generally welcome friendliness from strangers, so long as it doesn't get too huggy.

Archived