IGNORED

Bass Guitar + Max for Live = Cichli (Autechre Cover)

Guest deferlow

Guest deferlow

I posted this in the Autechre forum, but I'm kinda proud of the system I've been creating in order to perform real-time electro-acoustic music. Here's my rendition of Autechre's "Cichli" as a test run for said system.

I don't listen to Autechre so I don't know how similar this is to the original, so I would really like to hear some of your own creations on this setup instead :)

I really love the pads that you play @ 1:47. Impressive stuff. Really impressive. I've used MaxMSP before and I can barely put to objects together without fucking it all up, so in my ears what you've created is similar to NASA landing on the moon or something. Very impressive.

Guest deferlow

I don't listen to Autechre so I don't know how similar this is to the original, so I would really like to hear some of your own creations on this setup instead :)

I really love the pads that you play @ 1:47. Impressive stuff. Really impressive. I've used MaxMSP before and I can barely put to objects together without fucking it all up, so in my ears what you've created is similar to NASA landing on the moon or something. Very impressive.

Thank you muchly. I'd love to bask in feeling like a sonic astronaut, but being that Max is integrated into Live, all I had to do was optimize the looping process, and not create it from the ground up. I'm working on another video that's a very (boring) in-depth explanation of the system. Oh, and this is the original:

Guest deferlow

Why can't I find someone like you to play bass/electronics for my band?

I understand the pitfalls of collaboration all too well. The best of luck to you, sir. And thank you muchly for the feedback. I feel like the prettiest gal at the winter ball.

Guest deferlow

this is just great man <3 really really nice, especially the haunting pad at 1:50 roundabout, beautiful ! loads of goosebumps here <3

cool interpretation :) thanks alot for sharing

cheers

Big thanks. Probably gonna try my hand at a couple more Ae covers in the coming months.

Guest deferlow

Great cover, wonder how many ae tracks post 97 is coverable - next time you planning to cover something more complex stuff or pre97?

I'm still trying to figure it out. I've gotten a lot of requests so far. I'm going to compile the list and pick out a feasible track. I got a request for Cipater, which I have a few ideas for. I'd do eggshell, but I've seen it done before. I think it'd be awesome to be able to pull off something from the new school, but I'm much more a fan of that thuggin hard OG Ae.

Guest deferlow

Very well done! I think there's still an Autechre covers compilation some of the folks are pulling together, this would be right at home for it.

Thank you. You know where that thread is? Would love to see it.

Guest Frankie5fingers

just crapped my pants, that was awesome. i still need to incorporate my bass playing into my electronic music.

Guest deferlow

just crapped my pants, that was awesome. i still need to incorporate my bass playing into my electronic music.

Yeah, it took me quite some time (years) to get a good flow. A real-time system for a physical instrument is no joke.

WHO PUT CRAP IN MY PANTS?!?!?!?

Archived