IGNORED

Kung Fury Kickstarted Project

chim

i have many nasty things to say about this project and the culture that surrounds it but i won't because i promised myself to become a more positive watmmer this year.

That's all it takes to become a Kung Fury Master.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the description I was expecting just another retro revivalist piece of ephemera made by a nostalgia junkie born in the 1980s... but this actually looks *amazing*! Great music as well!

isn't it both though? i mean, it looks fun as hell but lets be honest with ourselves here.

Reading the description I was expecting just another retro revivalist piece of ephemera made by a nostalgia junkie born in the 1980s... but this actually looks *amazing*! Great music as well!

isn't it both though? i mean, it looks fun as hell but lets be honest with ourselves here.

Same thought here. As much as I appreciate crazy independent projects like this getting acknowledged, I'm afraid it'll be joining the ranks of all those neo-giallo flicks, and things like Manborg, Father's Day, The Miracle Of Life etc.

Then again, the latter seems to tilt more towards something like Frankenhooker, where it's kind of presenting itself as a retro-ish cliche (in Frankenhooker's case Ghostbusters and Back To The Future-style horror- and sci-fi-comedies) and then taking it into an entirely different and original direction. EDIT: another one I'd put in this category is Beyond The Black Rainbow. I think that one too, is more than the sum of its cult-references.

I'm curious if Kung Fury will be memorable as a movie, in addition to being a satisfying nostalgia-fetish-object.

EDIT 2: probably some NSFW material in those links. Approach with caution.

• 1 year later...

got to work on a track for one of my 80s heroes. :D

Honest to god, I just saw this video yesterday, with no idea he had worked on it. My first thought was 'Man, I wonder if Data has seen this, it's so his kinda thing.' I should have known. Killer video, and the song is even better. Now I want to see this movie.

Yeah I saw this on Facebook the other day, great track and I'm stoked for the film.... Insane that you worked with the Hoff?! How did he add his vocals, did you get to meet him in person?

haha. i worked with another producer who wrote the lyrics for the track and recorded hasselhoff. so he met him (hoff came and recorded in his studio), i didn't.

still fun/weird as shit though.

[youtubehd]Izv_8NGR3Hk[/youtubehd]

:cerious:

haha. i worked with another producer who wrote the lyrics for the track and recorded hasselhoff. so he met him (hoff came and recorded in his studio), i didn't.

still fun/weird as shit though.

[youtubehd]Izv_8NGR3Hk[/youtubehd]

:cerious:

whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Archived