IGNORED

1 1 is the halfway point

Guest RadarJammer

Guest RadarJammer

everything up until that song is an adventure. then there is this one sound that goes in and out of sync that doesn't even seem to be part of the song somehow, it sounds like a broken cd player artifact. totally takes me out of the experience and thrusts me into a battle with my O.C.D.

i wonder if that was an intentional way for them to break the album in half.

i guess i'd consider track 1-9 exai part one and 11-17 part two

you can all delete 1 1 is from your mp3 players now

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're insane man.

1 1 is, is my 2nd favorite track off that album.

Beautiful though disjointed melody that never seems to resolve itself fully... Brilliant effects... I found everything to be in sync?

Guest RadarJammer

fascinating stuff guys. i screwd up my numbers btw (should be 1-8 and 10-17 and of course delete the 1 1 is abomination). stil can't shake the feeling that bladelores it the end of one album and nodezsh is the star of another one.

Guest RadarJammer

^ if you follow my logic, exai is 3 parts, begining, middle and end. with the middle being just 1 track.

not sure how i keep getting will smith'd on math

"11 is the first track of part 2"

*raises fist into air and does eagle cry*

^ if you follow my logic, exai is 3 parts, begining, middle and end. with the middle being just 1 track.

not sure how i keep getting will smith'd on math

"11 is the first track of part 2"

*raises fist into air and does eagle cry*

Yeah, it's important remark. But you offered the view in which 1 1 is is an interlude at best. What i'm talking about, is that there is a certain equality of segments implied. Therefore 1 1 is belongs to at least a couple of other tracks. What's your idea which tracks it might be?

Guest Rulohead32

1 1 is is isolated? No way. I agree nodezsh should be the start of part 2 just after bladelores. But 1 1 is should be rearranged in another place.

It's been said in AAA that Exai is 3 or 4 EPs put together (i forgot which is right, i guess 4 with L-event) rather than 2 parts.

IIRC They said that Exai had 4 parts (5 with L-event).

It's been said in AAA that Exai is 3 or 4 EPs put together (i forgot which is right, i guess 4 with L-event) rather than 2 parts.

IIRC They said that Exai had 4 parts (5 with L-event).

Anyway, i'm pretty sure 1 1 is was meant to be among prac-f, vekoS, Flep.

Quote from Sean in AAA:

"the tracks are from the same sessions but they got separated out when we compiled exai

basically it was all compiled as a series of 12" records, and l-event was the one that didn't fit, so that became a separate entity

it was originally going to come out before exai but warp flipped the release order

having said that we see l-event as interchangeable with any of the 12"s in exai (which we see as a box of four 12"s)"

So Exai + L-event = a 5-parter, according to Sean anyway. The 5 pieces of vinyl are the track dividers.

Okay man, it's taking me a LOT to refrain myself from doing everything I can to find you. I would observe you from a distance for a while, get an idea of your routine, really get to know you. Maybe you'd be listening to Exai in your bed at night with your headphones. I'd see you skip over 1 1 is and it would take every muscle in my body to hold back jumping on you and strangling you right then and there all savage like. No... I'd let you finish up the album and just before you're closing those eyes to sleep, you'd get this feeling like something was wrong. But before you could react, you wake up, naked and blindfolded, with a sock stuffed in your mouth. Your muffled scream reverberates and you know you're in a big room. It's damn cold too with your feet on the pavement. That's when it goes off. 1 1 is. All around you, on speaker stacks 50 feet high, in all directions, at max volume. I'd sit you there hitting you with it nonstop until you phase out of this reality and become 1 1 is. Your molecules will undergo sublimation, transcending directly into the celestial realm of 1 1 is. All that would remain would be a sock on a metal chair in some warehouse.

...wait that actually sounds amazing. Scratch all that shit, you can keep your 1 1 is hate. Everyone else can meet me in the cosmos, how about 8PM tomorrow? Throw 1 1 is on some headphones and I'll see you fellas there :music:

Archived