IGNORED

School of Seven Bells/Secret Machines/Tripping Daisy Guitarist Ben Curtis Dead at 35

Joyrex

School of Seven Bells guitarist Benjamin Curtis died today from cancer at age 35. Sad stuff. I really liked School of Seven Bell's music.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5855092/school-of-seven-bells-benjamin-curtis-dead-at-35

Also, fuck Billboard and their impossible to use website trying to find the damn article.

Guest RadarJammer

RIP. 35 is too damn young.

death is sad and moving but saying someone's life was cut short is kinda like the last slap to their legacy. just assume that their death happened when it was supposed to

and everyone wins

9MpbwUc.jpg

Guest igloos unlmtd

I've seen a few stories recently in regard to young people getting T Cell Lymphoma. Apparently, like some other forms of cancer - it is caused by a virus. One that can be spread through intravenous drug use & sexual contact... Kinda bizarre..

I think he just had what's usually just called lymphoblastic lymphoma, putting t-cell in there is a bit unusual, I think the news site got a bit mixed up. Cutaneous t cell lymphomas have a weak link to a virus, but they are something else entirely.

Bad news definitely. I think I'll put on alpinisms in a bit, still really rate a lot of that album.

tripping daisy somehow flew under the radar for a lot of people. it's been a while since i listened but i remember they were great.

Agreed, talented group of musicians. Polyphonic Spree came out of that their disbandment as well. "I got a girl" was played lot on Texas alt rock radio stations for awhile.

What's cool about Ben's legacy is he was a key part of bands with somewhat different audiences. His talent was undeniable and it's awesome that he was key part of more than one band, and beyond the role of just a "session" musician.

I wonder if School will continue without him...

I don't see how it could; he wrote and produced the music (minus the lyrics)!

So the vocalist couldn't team up with another writer/producer?

I wonder if School will continue without him...

I don't see how it could; he wrote and produced the music (minus the lyrics)!

So the vocalist couldn't team up with another writer/producer?

That'd be like Nirvana reforming without Kurt Kobain...

oh wait.

nirvana_mccartney_121212.jpg

Archived