IGNORED

2014 Changes Start Now

Schlitze

The concept of New Year's resolution just seems so silly to me. I don't think ever meet a person that has stayed committed to their resolution for more than a month or so.

So what's the point... Make lifestyle changes when you're properly motivated instead. And that can take some adjusting, over a larger period of time, for some people apparently. And it isn't automatically going to happen because of some silly tradition, if you really wan't to change your lifestyle, that is going to take a certain degree of dedication.

Totally agree with that. I don't see new year as being any significant landmark for folks to get in gear to change their lifestyle and it's not something I've ever bothered about in any previous year but this year i looked back on a wasted year, i feel i've been too slobbish and for some reason those bells chiming at midnight, i thought it was time to change and get into ''more sport, more cinema'' and play catch up. Also, interesting to read all y'all say y'all need to ditch the internet as well. That is too true. Logging in becomes such a force of habit. It's annoying. Regulate your net. Failing that get rid of it and go and live with Brit Marling in the east.

I'm doing ok with my resolutions so far (played a round of golf yesterday and saw American Hustle) but it's early days. One day at a time. If i can make it through the month that would be an achievement.

Guest disparaissant

I'm quitting smoking on Monday.

Not because of the new year or anything, but because the warmest it will get is -15. Fahrenheit. -60 or so with wind chill. I am not about to go out in that shit.

Also I am going to try my damnedest to get a 4.0 this semester. Which is doable. I got a 3.75 last semester and I majorly slacked off. But again, this has little to do with the new year. More about needing to raise my GPA as much as possible for grad schools.

The only time I'll 'cave in' will be if they do any EBS releases as I know they only stick around for a few months before getting deleted.

AE: Live & Unreleased Box Set announced at January's end.

• 2 weeks later...

Get my ass in school so I can get educated and work a job that less than 99% of the people in my town can work, so I can actually get a decent bit of pay and feel pride in what I do.

Start recording little songs like I used to. I have folders from every year for a long while with just snippets of me mucking around, but that really dried up the past few years.

Keep working out. I've been at it for 3 months and I'm seeing results . I like being stronger and having an attractive physical form is the biggest confidence booster I've ever known.

Keep working out. I've been at it for 3 months and I'm seeing results . I like being stronger and having an attractive physical form is the biggest confidence booster I've ever known.

Have you ever ridden a Rhinoceros? If you want balls of steel, you should look into importing one of those and tame it and ride it around town. Maybe get one of them laser thingies on their head.

That shit is tight.

Archived