IGNORED

How come Steinvord doesn't get mentioned at all in Rephlex related press?

pissflaps

I've been checking out all these articles and interviews that recently appeared with Grant and other Rephlex related people. Did anyone notice they always talk about Wisp and Monolith as the up and coming Rephlex artists, but never tell us anything about Steinvord? There was an interview with Dave Monolith himself as well. He's clearly one of the best on the Rephlex lineup, but Steinvord IMO is probably the best on Rephlex (from the new school) and he doesn't get any mentions and/or tell us anything... new up and coming releases, or any information about who is behind the music... I mean it has been years already. Why they don't want to tell us anything?

Didn't Grant mention a release ages ago? I personally would be happy with a digital release of these tracks, because I dont give them as many plays as I would like, new ones would be great of course...

I wouldn't like to think this was his first and only release ever. Why would you waste that much potential? Let's see... if he was about 18 when the myspace was created, that would mean he was about 16-17 when he was working on the released tracks, which would mean he has a ton of unreleased stuff, plus whatever he has done since then. That's a lot of good stuff we are missing. I just don't get it. He seems to take this whole "not giving a fuck" persona to a whole new level.

I'm not being facetious but I think the answer is obvious.

We know who steinvord is and just like the tuss the official announcement will be made sometime in the future, candidly and nonchalantly in an interview. Until then they aren't going to go out of their way to tell us explicitly who it was.

There's also potentially legal/licensing issues with being explicit. I don't know that realm of things though.

Last I saw in reference to Steinvord was Grant mentioning setting up a series of shows with him and some other acts from Rephlex. (in the usa) No, idea what came of it though. It was a facebook post.

Guest Retrig

About to put this on. Listened to it maybe twice when it came out and didn't really care for it. Instant impression was Aphex and Squarepusher, though.

Listened with Cult Fiction / Face Culler on the way home the other night and really enjoyed it. CSI shit says it's Aphex.

Doesn't matter. Judge the music for what it is. It's why there isn't a "Rephlex" in 2013, and is the answer to your question.

(I never followed these threads, or conversed about it other than to be a drunken jaded cunt on occasion. Take most of what I say with a grain of salt.)

Guest Retrig

In the world of social networking, it's easy enough. Ask Grant to book Steinvord in your town and see what happens. It won't.
At best you'll get a Syntheme.

Edit: that is, approach him asking what it takes to get in contact with Steinvord to book him. It won't happen.

Last I saw in reference to Steinvord was Grant mentioning setting up a series of shows with him and some other acts from Rephlex. (in the usa) No, idea what came of it though. It was a facebook post.

Yeah, saw this too, Steinvord was definitely on the list of bookable artists. I guess it didn't work out because it was supposed to be in early '14, so we should've heard it by now? I'm up for another Rephlex party in Europe again anyway, the last one with Bogdan, Ceephax, Monolith and DMX Krew was so great.

And Steinvord does get mentioned in Official Rephlex Statements ®, like when Grant talked about an upcoming Steinvord album in an interview.

Rephlex do things in slow non-deliberate mysterious strokes where whimsical fancy meets occasional excitement. The core values of bedroom producing. Bless them.

1. Call Grant and book Steinvord for cheap

2. Promote the show as an Aphex Twin show

3. Sell a load of tickets

4. Pray to god that RDJ shows up to play the show

5. Profit!

1. Call Grant and book Steinvord for cheap

2. Promote the show as an Aphex Twin show

3. Sell a load of tickets

4. Pray to god that RDJ shows up to play the show

5. Profit!

This is a great idea. Except promote it as a Tuss show.

Win-win.

I think they deliberately enjoy seeing us suffer. When the vinyl came out I reckon it sold out pretty damn quick in all the main online shops so it's not like it wouldn't be worth it as well. I still think he is a real guy and not someone in Rephlex, he is just someone that doesn't care about developing a career as an artist, that's my guess... but at the same time, at this point im starting to think if there is certainly someone involved. Notice how they also avoided mentioning The Tuss back then... they may have a similar thing going with this.

Didn't they say there'd be a new Steinvord 12'' in 2013 (back around 2012 I think). Plus did I hear rumours of Rephlex going a bit tits-up from an inside source here ?

Or perhaps it's because the guy behind Steinvord petered out, so no use in promoting his stuff since he's no longer in the game?

I think that's unlikely, Grant mentioned an album coming so he most likely already has the material there, just like the D'Arcangelo album which was already ready 3 years ago or something.

Didn't they say there'd be a new Steinvord 12'' in 2013 (back around 2012 I think). Plus did I hear rumours of Rephlex going a bit tits-up from an inside source here ?

I was looking for it but couldn't find it, I think it was a facebookpost by Grant that he since has deleted. I definitely read it too. The inside source was messiaen I think? RDJ apparently said it to him but I really hope he was taking the piss.

Archived