IGNORED

Moments in Autechre albums that blew your mind

Lost in Amber

post-17691-0-01861100-1389489541_thumb.png

3:30 onwards on "Lentic Catacheresis"

That last 45 seconds of "Gantz Graf"

Around 3:20 on "Sublimit"

2:40 on "Basscadet" (I think this stunned as all the first time)

All of "Fleure"

All of "Spl9"

What are your Autechre mind blown moments?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The melody coming in in VI Scose Poise, same in Gantz Graf

where it really starts rolling on the (untitled?) track from Flex 1996

Had sex (sorry) listening to Eutow once and had to listen to it afterwards to know if I had really heard that or if I was hallucinating the sound, it kind of fitted the moment in an unreal way if you see what I mean

Listening to Exai in half sleep and having strange feelings in my legs and my body, like the sounds were epileptic sensations

the moment acroyear kicks into full gear.

this guy knows whats up. I think this blew everyones mind the first time as well

also, Cap.IV that last minute and a half (got this EP coming in the mail)

Last minute on Cep puiqMX (has a Confield sound to it)

plyPhon

Guest deferlow

this guy knows whats up. I think this blew everyones mind the first time as well

plyPhon

Yeah, it was an amazing feeling to know I'd found my new favorite album within the first 30 seconds of putting it on.

Still my fav. Ae album.

where it really starts rolling on the (untitled?) track from Flex 1996

The entire opening section of Flex 1996, which runs around 29 minutes, is my favourite thing they've done. The soundboard isnt great quality but it really does not matter.

The buildup starting around 2:50 in Under Boac.

Yeah this moment had me shaking my head in disbelief the first few times I heard it. And saying 'skill'.

plyPhon

Yeah, it was an amazing feeling to know I'd found my new favorite album within the first 30 seconds of putting it on.

Still my fav. Ae album.

Heh, certainly agree with the first part. It's probably not my favorite ae album any longer - I kind of wore it out - but at one time it blew me away. It was funny too because I had been avoiding LP5 because some of my friends said "they lost it" or "it's garbage". I was expecting something super inaccessible, but what I found instead was my favorite album of theirs thus far - and it clicked instantly, like you say. Acroyear 2. At first was like "oh - my - god" and then when it slows tempo and hits its groove I was like "yesssss....yessss!"

Funny related note, at the time I first listened to it, I was seeing a shrink due to a nasty drug overdose, and I brought LP5 to a meeting and told him he should listen to it. At one point we had gotten on the subject of music and he said he liked Rage Against the Machine (of all things) so I figured he should try LP5. He said it was "interesting", heh. I guess that's the expected reaction. Would have been funny if he put me on a heavy duty anti-psychotic after listening to it.

Guest Redialer

The climax of Treale; how everything comes together and finally "makes sense" after the chaos before it.

The final few minutes of Piezo.

The beginning of recks on (mostly because it was so unexpected).

The jarring shift in Simmm.

The end of Crystel is pretty ridiculous. Pulling the tempo all the way to half-time and then soaking the track in delay. Yummy.

Also 4:11 in the DJ Food remix always gets me. The way that that track's tension is resolved with the introduction of the world's most basic keyboard part is so good; simple but brutally effective for me. Love it.

And when the drums kick in at the beginning of the Stereolab remix.

There are so many of them.

I'll start with:

-7:44 of The PlclCpC from Quaristice Versions.

-the polyrhtyhm at 00:21 on P.:Ntil

-concur with Lost in Amber on: all of spl9 & the end of Lentic

-every second of bladelores

-the unisoned industrial bass stabs at the end of YJY UX

-the beginning of Iera

-the sustained pulsing and the build to trasformation around 4:00 of Surripere

-all of Bine on Confield

-the whole evolution of Garbagemx 36

-the beat morphing on Cipater

That beautiful tentative melody in the second half of O=0 (at 2:25).

That first major 3rd in the baseline of outh9x where you go "holy shit, it's major??"

When the beat dropps (around 0:42)

Archived