IGNORED

Moments in Autechre albums that blew your mind

Lost in Amber

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see what hasn't been mentioned yet, that blew my mind...

When I first listened to Augmatic Disport after putting it off for a bit because I'd only heard the first several seconds and thought I'll come back to this. It's insane. Favorite part of the track was when the conclusion starts and that kickass beat starts at 5:43, and then when it cools down juts a bit and the 4/4 groove sets in at 6:41.

End of Pro Radii when it dies off, so good.

When the melody pads come in at 4:53 on LCC.

3:45 of Iera

When the off kilter beat starts creeping in on r ess. And the sounds of the track too, so I don't even know...

The melody and harmonic counter play at part of see on see that starts at 0:59.

chenc9 around 1:39

When the beat comes in on WNSN and all the weird sounds in the track.

Etchogon-S

The build up and release of 6852 and then at 9:09 when everything but the drums are pulled for a second, and when the other sounds come back in and the beat gets all nice and fucked up.

Pir, because I didn't know you could put such a messy, (in a good way) ever so changing mechanical beat right next to a sweet, sad melody and make it fit together so perfectly. Most emotional piece they've done (for me).

The cinematic epicness and experience of VLetrmx. It's so vast and the two notes at 3:32, oh man...

And similar to Pir, Cichli's got this constant steady mechanical groove but on the other side is a really complex main melody coupled with absolutely beautiful and devastatingly sad counter melody, which comes in at around 1:39, and to me it sounds like that particular sound stops playing exactly what the main melody is playing and goes off on it's own. And I love that they gave the last 2 mins for that melody. This song made me cry and get really depressed. (Didn't help, but was magical, when I was listening to it when I hit rock bottom of my depression)

The build up of Nuane, and the final melody/part that comes in at 3:42. It's so good. Did my head in the first several listens.

2:28 of Flutter when the melody changes just a touch, really effective.

When that one new chord comes in at 2:09/10 of Lentic Catachresis and then 2:23~2:51 where the beats all fucked and broken up. And the rest of the track too.

0:23 of Bine when that utterly lush chord comes in and sets the track up. Because at first I was like okay... where is this going... and then when that chord hit and the beat kinda did a 'reset' before going back to fucking.

Parhelic Triangle when the main whatever the fuck sound starts to stray from the beat and gets off-sync. And I think about 4 mins in, on headphones you can hear the pretty melody hidden beneath all the layers, and you can hear it all the way till the end where it becomes more apparent.

The melody coming in on Pen Expers was just wow.

Cfern at 2:03 and 2:51. The beat or rhythm gets offbeat and weird throughout the track and its just fucking sick.

4:04 of Goz Quarter when the bassline thingy comes in.

2:00 and on of Latent Quarter, I was just like wtf?! This is too good to be true! The melody at the final quarter (heh) of the track too.

Netlon Sentinel

And I think everyone's head ate itself and became a vacuum at 1:00 of Gantz Graf. 2:07~2:08 that glitchy bass thingy becomes prominent.

Cap.IV about 23 secs in when it stays on that beat for a little bit, wow, and then when the chords and vocal samples come in...

0:56 of tac Lacora that metallic high pitched sound like a rusty gate opening. And then when I lose track of the beat and it's just like free flowing glob of lush until there's the silence and they reel you back to reality. From about 2:50 it's like a bit tough and gradually losing it, and then 3:12 it's like oh shit its gone. Where's the pulse?!

When I got Osla for n during the 3rd listen. The whole first half of the track is a mindfuck.

newbound blew me away with how vast and spacious it was. Like a cold winter night sky and my hand reaching out to the stars, body and mind wrapped in the dark navy blue and gray. 2:38 is really good too, powerful use of space and volume.

4:19~4:30 of Treale, the notes there and yeah the conclusion and release of the track long buildup.

2:12~2:22 of spl9

2:15 of cloudline when the beat sets in, and then at 8:50~8:55 when the beat switches up.

And like someone else said the start of 1 1 is on headphones is mental.

nodezsh when that new sound came in at 3:50 and stayed. 4:19~4:25 when it stutters and what not.

The ending of bladelores, I'm hearing deep hidden melodies.

2 min in (and on) of T ess xi. A merry clusterfuck.

2:24 of prac-f when the metallic melody becomes apparent.

1:27 of irlite (get 0) on first listen made me smile and think wow fuck me.

Melody of Fleure.

0:32 of IV VV IV VV VIII when the melody rolls in.

The drastic switch in 61E.CR, first half in itself blew me away too though.

6:48~7:17 of Surripere, but especially 7:05~7:07. And then the end when the baseline thing comes in and it sets to an almost groove. 8:48 and on I think.

When the drums start coming in on V-Proc I cum. 1:21~1:40 buildup, and then when that snare hits at 1:42... fuck... 4:18, that kick... and 4:28~4:32 when it starts to disintegrate. And it seems to continually slow down and become more and more inexact.

1:20 of P.:NTIL 4:04

How VL AL 5 ended.

Theme of Sudden Roundabout as a whole really. The harmony between the melody and beat.

When I realized there was a melody in the final few minutes of Sublimit.

That's it for now.

*First ae encounter: EP7 - Rpeg. The sound is just awesome and never heard before (1999...hehehe). Water all over the place!

*13:33 an onwards on Sublimit, i mean, when the triangle stops and the flute enters...AMAZING outro..my god, chills every time!!! (those "claps" every 2 and 4 are truly the best)

*Gantz Graf E.P. <--- Totally

*777 and the great 7/4 riddim...Great bass in the kick as well and great melody!

*Liccflii @ 2:20, great dropp :)

*The snare flip/change at Chenc9 (around 1:46). Really funny and a great intro to the new part at 1:56

*Smallfish Pa.track2<---Blew my mind, was repeating this track a couple of days...great atmo!!!

*The start of Prac-F...amazing how this "machine" is starting! It starts on the 2 i guess?? Funny shit!

*Nodezsh is JUST AWESOME, but especially the really silent drums from 6:31 onwards are amazing!!!

*Spl9 and Cloudline are instand classics for me! Mindblowing tracks for sure!

*Pt2ph8<---d r e a m

*Ipacial Section @ 5:23, when the voice is kicking in! Great melody there and soundwise perfectly matched with the rest of the instruments

*Characi, with it's really nice 9/4...awesome sound, percussion, melody...makes my day when i hear it!

*The flow in Recury! Just blew my mind! It is just so laid back. Lovely

*And to finish this list, the track i want on my funeral: Lentic Catachresis. I mean, this is just a track about life. How it starts, questioning, growing and the sudden change in speed, maturing, living with some sit-backs and eventually crippling down to die...just awesome

Archived