foresense

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally

16925932224_f942b248dd_c.jpg

17548377181_ab99ca06c1_c.jpg

17548505785_68f3f37478_c.jpg

Also tried to load some samples into LXR. Amazing, you can use sample as OSC (You can't loop it though. At least without modifying firmware). After loading sample to OSC you can FM it with FM OSC (or 2 FM OSC's of HH or CYM/CLP). You can use samples as FM OSC sources also. You can FM samples with samples :emotawesomepm9:

Here are some crappy examples:

https://clyp.it/igmst2lz

Here you can hear 707 kick sample which is FM'ed somewhere near the end of clip. All percussion in this clip was made with LXR using sample OSCs.

https://clyp.it/jovhb5jl Same here.

Guest skibby

mine is currently lost in the mail, courtesy of the infamous Swedish post. Julian shipped using DHL and even though there is a Swedish DHL there is no coordination between foreign and local DHL.

Anyway, if it ever arrives, I'm already getting ideas to stick a cheap additional module (like an arduino mega pro mini or a Due') inside the case that can eavesdrop on commands and stream samples to output. It will be knees of bees to at least have a few classic samplebased kits in there.

Guest skibby

boom, and built, works. putting it in the acryl case 2morro.

early wish list: headphone jack + pre (with volume control?) aaand a power switch.

Wow. You're fast. Regarding power switch you can look here for solution:

http://www.sonic-potions.com/MetalEnclosureErica

Tried this custom firmware yesterday. Really nice. Now i can morph between kits via Modweel control using OT's lfo etc. Also there is instant pattern switch and track clock divider.

Guest skibby

the pins for the OLED have this plastic thing that you need to push down and that was a massive massive p.i.t.a. to undertake. if i build another, i will do that step first since i had to put dangerous levels of pressure on the board to do it. otherwise, it was pretty easy. some of the LEDs too close to some of the buttons, which caused me a trip to the electronics shop. i used almost 17 grams of solder (no wasting or big globs). that's 90% of a coiled tube pretty much. if you don't have a soldering iron, multimeter, screw driver, you have to buy borrow or steal those, so that's around 40 or 50 euros right there.

Guest skibby

this instrument has a highly DIY vibe, due to idiosyncracies and bugs here and there, but it is pretty much the only h/w drum machine at this pricepoint that i have seen that can do what it does. it is a real joy to play with, and I am amazed at what it can do at times.

eventually i will get into the DSP side of things, and look into setting it up so the parameter ranges are more immediately useful. there needs to be a mix parameter between the main oscillator and the 'click' sample. the click samples need to include user samples. the LFO doesn't really play well with autopanning since modulations only work if they have a value other than zero (center). the pan law could stand some looking at, since you really need to pan hard to get space, a lot of the range isn't optimal. there could be a couple FM algorithms to choose from.

one thing i need to learn is how to play a pattern that is in a sequence on repeat instead of it chaining to the next pattern.

also, the shift-during-pattern mode function (that reveals the pattern repeat and chain parameters) needs another parameter: the current pattern. when a performance is playing its hard to hit shift at the right time if one needs to make an adjustment to the pattern sequence.

if you don't have a soldering iron, multimeter, screw driver, you have to buy borrow or steal those, so that's around 40 or 50 euros right there.

these are essential tools for anyone playing with electronic hardware imo

Guest kymppinetti

i'm thinking of buying one when they enabled it again. i don't have any experience with electronics, but do i still have chances with her?

Guest skibby

the instructions on the website are great. read them thoroughly from the beginning, step by step when you open up your kit and lay out all your pieces.

check and double check and triple check each piece you solder in if it has more than 2 legs, otherwise it will cost you a lot of time desoldering and resoldering it.

LXR is my second experience in soldering etc. Can't say that it was hard to assemble. There are some bottlenecks like OLED legs.

PreenFM2 was my first diy-kit and it was much easier — i can recommend it like starter kit. Also it doesn't require a multimeter.

Guest kymppinetti

the instructions on the website are great. read them thoroughly from the beginning, step by step when you open up your kit and lay out all your pieces.

check and double check and triple check each piece you solder in if it has more than 2 legs, otherwise it will cost you a lot of time desoldering and resoldering it.

i looked up the website. it's preatty neat, yeah. :) also, the forums seems active enough to get help if needed. i'll take your word and triple check all.

LXR is my second experience in soldering etc. Can't say that it was hard to assemble. There are some bottlenecks like OLED legs.

PreenFM2 was my first diy-kit and it was much easier — i can recommend it like starter kit. Also it doesn't require a multimeter.

i see. preenFM2 looks really nice too... and by looking the webside, it looks really easy to build. and it is cheaper too... which one??

thanks guys.

Guest skibby

isn

i see. preenFM2 looks really nice too... and by looking the webside, it looks really easy to build. and it is cheaper too... which one??

thanks guys.

"No more full Kits in Stock, and no plan for full kits at this time."

I would actually like to try the Mutable instruments Shruthi, although it is only monophonic, it has an analogue filter. (correct me if im wrong) Also I heard some demo with a formant filter preset that got my attention.

Guest kymppinetti

isn

thanks guys.

"No more full Kits in Stock, and no plan for full kits at this time."

I would actually like to try the Mutable instruments Shruthi, although it is only monophonic, it has an analogue filter. (correct me if im wrong) Also I heard some demo with a formant filter preset that got my attention.

too bad. shruthi would be nice, but i already have a monophonic. if i'm to buy a synth it would be poly. but thanks for pointing that shruthi out, i may very well buy it on the future. if there is any left, seems like their store is also closed haha.

btw. check this. http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/open-source-hardware-synths/if you haven't already? looks like there is few more synths out there. might even be more

Archived